Recommendation on roller electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABabyEater

Reaction score
Sooo...not going to lie, I don't actually have any Team Corally cars. Yet. The LHS doesn't really carry anything for parts for Corally, and when I was getting into the hobby parts were really hard to find, but with TC cars, and especially rollers, getting much more common, the possibility of me getting one has gone through the roof!

So! What do you guys recommend for a Kronos roller??

Honesty.. the stock electronics push these things well. But if you wanna go crazy over the top a max6 will fit and I did a 4092 1730kv hobbystar.

For parts, check out rchobbyexplosion.com they usually have all the stuff you’ll need and they are great to deal with.

Honesty.. the stock electronics push these things well. But if you wanna go crazy over the top a max6 will fit and I did a 4092 1730kv hobbystar.

For parts, check out rchobbyexplosion.com they usually have all the stuff you’ll need and they are great to deal with.
I've heard the stock electronics do well in other TC cars, so it makes sense that they'd do well in the rollers.

Thanks for the line on the parts, too.

They also have the best deals on Corally cars that I’ve seen. They have coupon codes to take $40 off purchases 300+
Nice! I may have to start shopping there for other stuff, too! Especially with the awful taste in my mouth from AMain as of late. Fun fact: AMain does backorder lists based on how much you pay, NOT based on 1st come 1st served

I picked up the XR8 pro 1900kv combo it’s only 4s but I am seeing 4s is all this needs

E85F4AA6-8899-4C99-932D-A86ACBD33E0E.png

Having used a few Torox 185 ESC’s, I find them to work pretty well. But the usual 1/8 scale suspects from HW or Castle would be upgrades.

I only hear great thing about the corally esc and Motor and would love to put it in the xtr, the only problem is it’s a lot more than Max8 come but not sure it’s that much better. Wish they xtr would come rtr.

The corally toro185 can sometimes be found on eBay but they are not cheap anymore. Jennys rc has been out of them for a while. I would keep an eye there as well. The new press and popularity of corally with the new 2022 6s models and the Sketer might incline them to buy more kits to break down and sell.

The corally toro185 can sometimes be found on eBay but they are not cheap anymore. Jennys rc has been out of them for a while. I would keep an eye there as well. The new press and popularity of corally with the new 2022 6s models and the Sketer might incline them to buy more kits to break down and sell.
I hope so but doubt it will happen soon enough.

You can get email notifications from Jenny's when shipments come in. It's a waiting game tho. I found stock corally combo on ebay randomly for a little less than max 8 combo

You can get email notifications from Jenny's when shipments come in. It's a waiting game tho. I found stock corally combo on ebay randomly for a little less than max 8 combo
Yup, hurry up and wait,lol. But you better be quick with your response to JRC's notification cuz they sell fast! I don't know how many times I've missed out,lol. TC electrics are hot these days(no pun intended). I have managed to score 2 torox esc's and 2 kuron motors from them last year😁

Hobbywing Max8 combo or even the stock Corrally electronics, the Max6 combo is overkill in my opinion though and it's not needed in this car..!!

Also don't forget Jenny's for most parts too..👍🏼
I agree, I have the max6, rocket 4092 in a kexb and honestly think it's just ridiculously overpowered. Originally bought the combo for my mexb but took it out for same reasons.
TBH, I like handling over all out speed and for me, these bigger combos just ruin the handling.

Back