Sketer Razor RC Sketer 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review really enjoyed it. I hope parts support remains good here. For the most part it has been. I can’t find a 2022 XTR here yet but when they are available I’d like to get one.

Another good comparison. I wanted 2 buy the Maxx but i read somewhere that the Sketer was comming out so i waited. When my dealer had both in stock i could really feal the difference. Decided for the Sketer. Think i made the right decision but it all depends on what you wanna do with it. Both Cars are good in there own way.

Sorry guys, worked for me, though the holes will loosen up over time too.

Sorry guys, worked for me, though the holes will loosen up over time too.
I was floored because you never really mentioned it although I did recall seeing you have to wiggle one off in your 1st review of the Sketer. Mine were a nightmare. I ended up re-drilling mine. They got tight again however indicating that I've overtightened them because the nuts have no serrations and I was afraid of them falling off.

I was floored because you never really mentioned it although I did recall seeing you have to wiggle one off in your 1st review of the Sketer. Mine were a nightmare. I ended up re-drilling mine. They got tight again however indicating that I've overtightened them because the nuts have no serrations and I was afraid of them falling off.
Didn't work for me out of the box as well. Used my wife's Hair dryer to heat it up. That worked fine. If you change tires couple of times, they will come of easier.

Honestly, stuff like that doesn't even register for me, yeah a couple of the wheels were on tight, but I definitely didn't heat up the wheels or use a hammer or anything like that. It wasn't until I kept seeing all these comments from people saying the wheels were impossible to get off that I decided to make a video. You may be onto something though, maybe overtightening the nuts compresses them and deforms them. I have a well-calibrated torque wrench built into my right arm, so... ???

In general I seem to have less trouble with RC cars than your average bear.

That doesn't work out of the box.😭🤣

Nope, sure didn’t lol. I had to use a hammer and a punch. I pulled on that thing just like the video shows forever with no luck. Then I had to body ream them to go back on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn't work for me out of the box as well. Used my wife's Hair dryer to heat it up. That worked fine. If you change tires couple of times, they will come of easier.

@razorrc .. has Hulk thumbs 😉

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 07.49.55.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honestly, stuff like that doesn't even register for me, yeah a couple of the wheels were on tight, but I definitely didn't heat up the wheels or use a hammer or anything like that. It wasn't until I kept seeing all these comments from people saying the wheels were impossible to get off that I decided to make a video. You may be onto something though, maybe overtightening the nuts compresses them and deforms them. I have a well-calibrated torque wrench built into my right arm, so... ???

In general I seem to have less trouble with RC cars than your average bear.
Lol, I'm not new to getting the right feel when tightening a fastener and I've been at this for 47+ years, ( you know, when we used to walk both ways up hill to school in 3' of snow 💪😜) and I was surprised at how tight the wheels were compared to how every other fastener felt that I've been through on this rig. My rear wheels were a little tighter the second time than both fronts, and still removable with a little wiggling. But they were nowhere near the effort it took upon unboxing the rig.
To be honest, I find it a right of passage and get a big smile hearing others sharing the same experience. 🤣

Lol, I'm not new to getting the right feel when tightening a fastener and I've been at this for 47+ years, ( you know, when we used to walk both ways up hill to school in 3' of snow 💪😜) and I was surprised at how tight the wheels were compared to how every other fastener felt that I've been through on this rig. My rear wheels were a little tighter the second time than both fronts, and still removable with a little wiggling. But they were nowhere near the effort it took upon unboxing the rig.
To be honest, I find it a right of passage and get a big smile hearing others sharing the same experience. 🤣
nothing new really with these stuck wheels, some of the wheels simply gets overtightened at the factory, squishes the plastic, was like that on my Kronos V1 over 2 years ago as well but has also happened on other cars, i simply redrill them a tiny bit.

still really crazy to read that the Sketer does not come with serrated wheel nuts, this was pointed out to Corally several times when the V1's 1/8's were released, the only response later on to that was basically to tighten them harder, changing the wheelnuts to serrated ones was my first mod.

wheelnuts.jpg

Just wanted you to know its your fault I got the Maxx V2. I was really on the fence but like the max a little more do to wider stance but after yoru review you settled my decision.

Also so much better looking without the stickers imo.

oh yes, you're right, sure looks nicer without the stickers :love: looks good, love those colors combined

Back