Sketer Razor RC Sketer 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the receiver/tx signal issues are isolated, other than that spot on.
I would like to add the battery straps are almost useless. I swapped mine out for Arrma straps which are continuous hook and loop velcro, not just the last 2" like the Corally straps.

I hope the receiver/tx signal issues are isolated, other than that spot on.
I would like to add the battery straps are almost useless. I swapped mine out for Arrma straps which are continuous hook and loop velcro, not just the last 2" like the Corally straps.

Just slide part of the straps down the side, and U-turn back. This leaves the end of the strap still sticking out the top so you can grab them, but also puts an inch or so of hook to stick and secure the battery. I use pretty thin batteries, like 37mm tall and it works.

I tried adjusting it down in the back, but then it's a PIA to loop them through the buckle. I just flipped my batteries on the side. Give me plenty of real-estate to loop them down and keeps the straps in the chassis.

20220130_140656.jpg

20220130_140509.jpg

Just slide part of the straps down the side, and U-turn back. This leaves the end of the strap still sticking out the top so you can grab them, but also puts an inch or so of hook to stick and secure the battery. I use pretty thin batteries, like 37mm tall and it works.
I think I'm missing something in your explanation. I'll rewatch your last video, if not maybe a picture?

How does the width work out with rollovers? Does it traction roll much?

Really nice vid and review, the Sketer looks amazing and price wise it's a winner, a lot of truck for the money.
When i first saw it i thought, well people will want it a bit wider, sure enough didn't take long :)
It would be nice if Corally would release like a wide hub kit with stub axles, right now it adds a bit too much the pricetag since it seems
the front stubs axles can't be purchased separately

How does the width work out with rollovers? Does it traction roll much?
I don't want to answer for @razorrc but in my limited experience it seems to be pretty stable. It will roll but in general she'll push wide at speed with a little tire lift and power transfer to the non traction wheel. Been my least concern with this rig. It handles really well. Not sure how the wider hub set up works, I only got the parts today and can't work on this thing for the next two days.

I can only observe and drool for now, from what I have seem from my time at the LHS and videos the skeeter looks very tempting!!!

Great Video Man!!!

I'm gonna try a 15T pinion in a couple of days. Wondering if that will have a positive effect on rotation. I just got the parts from JRC for the hub swap out. Looks like I need to wait a few more days though, the package was missing one rear axle stub. JRC is mailing me the missing part tomorrow.

I'm gonna try a 15T pinion in a couple of days. Wondering if that will have a positive effect on rotation. I just got the parts from JRC for the hub swap out. Looks like I need to wait a few more days though, the package was missing one rear axle stub. JRC is mailing me the missing part tomorrow.
Glad they are taking care of you.

Hate it when that happens but Ted ALWAYS takes care of you. ;)

I don't want to answer for @razorrc but in my limited experience it seems to be pretty stable. It will roll but in general she'll push wide at speed with a little tire lift and power transfer to the non traction wheel. Been my least concern with this rig. It handles really well. Not sure how the wider hub set up works, I only got the parts today and can't work on this thing for the next two days.
man, i just love how you wrote that "It will roll but in general she'll push wide at speed with a little tire lift and power transfer to the non traction wheel" i could kinda see that in my mind in slo-mo, cool. Widening the Sketer might just be a preference for some i guess we'll see that later on, adding the wide hubs from a kronos jambo is basically like installing kraton outcast hubs on a typhon.

Back