Sketer Razor RC Sketer 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red and blue Maxx are for sure the best looking colors, I don’t know why I decided on the clown puke color, worst RC decision I ever made!

The red and blue Maxx are for sure the best looking colors, I don’t know why I decided on the clown puke color, worst RC decision I ever made!
In the end it’s all about the shock color. We all now this body is not gonna last and I’m not paying 70+ for a new stock colored one.

Good Video and Review! Btw How is your leg man!?

Thanks! It's mostly my ego that was bruised!
I haven't done it with a basher Although I nearly took one to the head last time out jumping, but I have flown planes into things that normal people wouldn't have :ROFLMAO:

I would like to add the battery straps are almost useless. I swapped mine out for Arrma straps which are continuous hook and loop velcro, not just the last 2" like the Corally straps.

Just slide part of the straps down the side, and U-turn back. This leaves the end of the strap still sticking out the top so you can grab them, but also puts an inch or so of hook to stick and secure the battery. I use pretty thin batteries, like 37mm tall and it works.

I tried adjusting it down in the back, but then it's a PIA to loop them through the buckle. I just flipped my batteries on the side. Give me plenty of real-estate to loop them down and keeps the straps in the chassis.

View attachment 238

View attachment 239

I just meant like this:
View attachment 272

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding the battery straps are just too long.!! ( but the hook part is too short !! )
When I try my softcase CNHL 4s batteries the straps are just too long and you can't strap the battery down even using the method Razor mentions.
Using my hardcase CNHL's razor's method works better as the batteries are taller.
Curiously though when I fit my 6s bricks in the straps are perfect the length :unsure: me thinks this rig was designed for 6s..!! ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

So far after having my Sketer for a couple of days I'm hating these straps :LOL::LOL:

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding the battery straps are just too long.!! ( but the hook part is too short !! )
When I try my softcase CNHL 4s batteries the straps are just too long and you can't strap the battery down even using the method Razor mentions.
Using my hardcase CNHL's razor's method works better as the batteries are taller.
Curiously though when I fit my 6s bricks in the straps are perfect the length :unsure: me thinks this rig was designed for 6s..!! ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

So far after having my Sketer for a couple of days I'm hating these straps :LOL::LOL:
The original battery tray straps are a nuisance IMO. Besides the difficulty in adjusting them, the hook and loop portion is too short. I've been running my batteries on their side so I can get a good purchase on the return strap. Problem for me is most of my 4s batteries are from different manufacturers and with the OE straps I had to keep adjusting them to fit.
I've switched to longer Arrma straps and haven't given it a second thought. My batteries don't move since swapping them out.

The original battery tray straps are a nuisance IMO. Besides the difficulty in adjusting them, the hook and loop portion is too short. I've been running my batteries on their side so I can get a good purchase on the return strap. Problem for me is most of my 4s batteries are from different manufacturers and with the OE straps I had to keep adjusting them to fit.
I've switched to longer Arrma straps and haven't given it a second thought. My batteries don't move since swapping them out.
Haven't even run my Sketer yet and I'm annoyed by the battery straps! What length are the Arrma straps you're using (or waht rig sis you steal them from)?

Haven't even run my Sketer yet and I'm annoyed by the battery straps! What length are the Arrma straps you're using (or waht rig sis you steal them from)?
Mine were what I had laying here. I used a pair meant for the Kraton and Outcast 4s.
They're a little narrower than the Corally straps but work well.

Another good comparison. I wanted 2 buy the Maxx but i read somewhere that the Sketer was comming out so i waited. When my dealer had both in stock i could really feal the difference. Decided for the Sketer. Think i made the right decision but it all depends on what you wanna do with it. Both Cars are good in there own way.
does the original Maxx body fit on the Sketer?

nothing new really with these stuck wheels, some of the wheels simply gets overtightened at the factory, squishes the plastic, was like that on my Kronos V1 over 2 years ago as well but has also happened on other cars, i simply redrill them a tiny bit.

still really crazy to read that the Sketer does not come with serrated wheel nuts, this was pointed out to Corally several times when the V1's 1/8's were released, the only response later on to that was basically to tighten them harder, changing the wheelnuts to serrated ones was my first mod.

View attachment 643
OMG that person sitting in front of the wheel is going to get drilled!

Last edited:
Back