Radix8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really see the point of 8s in Radix, mine is totally uncontrollable on 6s..!!
Each to their own, if you're happy with it that's all that matters..👍🏼
I've even run my Radix on 4s side by side against my mates Typhon on 6s and the Radix is still faster 😎 ( stock electronics in both )

It's because I primarily use this rig on the road and I much prefer the extra ground clearance over an actual road car considering my roads are not the greatest. It does occasionally go off-road, mine tracks really nice, not uncontrollable at all but it is wide, I run Kronos arms not the stock radix ones

TBH, I run 5 of 6, 6s rigs on 4s due to the fact that I just don't need that much power. But there is that 6th rig with the max6/4092 that's there just for those times I wanna get silly!!😎 If it makes ya happy, it's all good👍🍻

TBH, I run 5 of 6, 6s rigs on 4s due to the fact that I just don't need that much power. But there is that 6th rig with the max6/4092 that's there just for those times I wanna get silly!!😎 If it makes ya happy, it's all good👍🍻
I'm running a Radix6 and a Muraco on 6s. I'm using a Radiolink RC6GS radio system with both, and I can easily program steering speed, steering exponential, throttle speed, and throttle exponential to make both vehicles more controllable. The Radix is dialed in, but I still need to tweak the Muraco just a bit (the weather hasn't been cooperating).

If I want to get crazy, I run my Kraton 6s that is equipped with a Castle MMX 8s ESC and 1717 1650kv motor. The Kraton is a beast: I had to turn punch down and add throttle exponential to keep it from doing wheelies with normal throttle input.

That's the same esc I'm using in my 8s rigs, the kronos has a 1650 and radix has a 1480, radix will take everything you can throw at it but like you when I comes to the kronos I had to put a pretty good curve in the esc, cranked the expo down on transmitter, I do have the start power at medium but punch down to 70% which is a low setting for those not familiar with castle. It tames her a bit but still a handful. As I said earlier it truly is too much for the truck but I'm not one to downgrade things so it's staying in there, absolutely love it in the radix though

Guess it all depends on how you use your rc. I like running on a track myself, the jumbo can 8s just isn't practical, which is why I run 4s in most of my rigs.
While I have no direct experience with Castle, I have no reason to pay what they cost. I do find it interesting that we never see the popular YT channels using Castle. Duperbash, RCDUDE, KT..never heard a mention of Castle from them.

I'd agree with that, definitely see them a lot less, I will say however the cost isn't really a lot more and I can say personally it's a system that once you run it's hard to back to lesser systems, it's impressive how much tuning you can do and the power they produce/handle over hobbywing, that said it's mainly start and acceleration you'll notice, once you're wide open any system that's capable of transferring the amps required pretty much runs the same

Not disagreeing by any means, how could I since I've never used any Castle, LOL.
With regards to the YT guys not using Castle, it could be just as simple as Castle doesn't give out freebies or discounts for favorable reviews.
I do know a max6 4092 puts out more than I need, LOL.

And yeah a lot of my builds are anything but practical lol, but I live in rural Iowa and don't have the spoils of any tracks around me, I run big wide open spaces and I have a ramp, that consists of it, so lots of times I can get away with all out power cause I'm just ripping around big fields

And yeah a lot of my builds are anything but practical lol, but I live in rural Iowa and don't have the spoils of any tracks around me, I run big wide open spaces and I have a ramp, that consists of it, so lots of times I can get away with all out power cause I'm just ripping around big fields
I get that👍 I'm in a bit of a different scenario. I'm pretty rural, but it's trees, mountain and rocks.. I have made a track on my property which is literally in the woods so 30-40mph would be the max I'd say.
I've built a few ramps over the years, but I'm over it..gets boring, then I go bigger, then it gets too expensive..LOL.
I don't care for hauling gear to other locations either. From what I can find, rc's just aren't that popular in my area. Everyone's a "gamer" these days I guess, LOL.

I hear that, around here it's me and one other guy that are into them, and it's an arms race to see who can build the baddest machine sometimes cause that's literally all we have to do! I drag the ramp out maybe once a month, it's fun but you can only hit it so many times before it just gets repetitive. I definitely get jealous reading on here with what some have available to them, oh well, work with what ya got I guess

1662908648717.jpeg

1662908667297.jpeg

1662908687565.jpeg

Brand new grps for the radix, old ones were getting pretty worn down and considering I'm planning on pushing this car over 100mph this year I figured I better have the car fully prepared

IMG_20230203_141402052.jpg

New gearing, speedtek 36t spool with a 29t pinion

Attachments

• IMG_20230203_141820869.jpg
    IMG_20230203_141820869.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Finally sat down and cleaned up the wiring a bit on the 8s radix, still somewhat messy but only so much you can do fitting this much garbage on a swb chassis, body drops right on now at least, no more pushing stuff around for a minute trying to get it fitted. Excited for good weather to see what she can do, getting another 8" of snow as I type so it'll be a while

IMG_20230205_160638563.jpg

Finally sat down and cleaned up the wiring a bit on the 8s radix, still somewhat messy but only so much you can do fitting this much garbage on a swb chassis, body drops right on now at least, no more pushing stuff around for a minute trying to get it fitted. Excited for good weather to see what she can do, getting another 8" of snow as I type so it'll be a while

View attachment 3477
Yeah man!! Wiring is a tedious process, making it all look good is even worses..
Hopefully that snow is headed my way, haven't gotten my fill with snow bashing yet!!🤷‍♂️😁🍻

Yeah man!! Wiring is a tedious process, making it all look good is even worses..
Hopefully that snow is headed my way, haven't gotten my fill with snow bashing yet!!🤷‍♂️😁🍻
Yeah I hate wiring! And you can have the snow lol! Wouldn't be so bad but it's been warm here all winter so it snows, then melts, rinse and repeat, just makes for a muddy mess. 8" today and almost 50° this weekend again

Yeah I hate wiring! And you can have the snow lol! Wouldn't be so bad but it's been warm here all winter so it snows, then melts, rinse and repeat, just makes for a muddy mess. 8" today and almost 50° this weekend again
Yes, it's been a very disappointing winter in NY.. no frost in the ground and no snow cover..boo!!
I understand why most don't run snow, but I really enjoy it!! Snow is such a forgiving surface to land on/in!! I do stuff I normally wouldn't try when jumping. I laugh when folks say the plastics get brittle. IMO, that's a "fairy's tale"..🤣🤣
I mean maybe minus 50 or 100, but I won't be outside for that soo..🤷‍♂️🍻

Last edited:
Took the radix out for a run, couldn't get it opened up all the way, run after run right at the 90 mph range it would pull a wheelie and I'd have to lift, on the last run I blew a tire so packed it in, gonna put a curve in the throttle and try again another day, should have a good 20mph left in it

Screenshot_20230704-155253.png

IMG_20230704_165046122.jpg

Took the radix out for a run, couldn't get it opened up all the way, run after run right at the 90 mph range it would pull a wheelie and I'd have to lift, on the last run I blew a tire so packed it in, gonna put a curve in the throttle and try again another day, should have a good 20mph left in it

View attachment 4176

View attachment 4177
That is an impressively hi speed. It's not lost on me how difficult it is to keep off road rigs under control at these speeds.

Good job man!! 🍻

Back