Radix8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngrySection8

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Jambo
  3. Kagama
  4. Kronos
  5. Kronos XTR
  6. Python
  7. Radix
Well the radix got 8s today, not sure how long it'll stay in here simply due to space constraints but will definitely test, pretty much the same setup I have in my Kronos just a different motor, we'll see how it goes, maybe leave it otherwise it'll end up in the xtr. Not really expecting any speed change but guessing it's a bit more violent.

IMG_20220815_140608723.jpg

Well the radix got 8s today, not sure how long it'll stay in here simply due to space constraints but will definitely test, pretty much the same setup I have in my Kronos just a different motor, we'll see how it goes, maybe leave it otherwise it'll end up in the xtr. Not really expecting any speed change but guessing it's a bit more violent.

View attachment 2862
Project Nutballz! That's gonna be a rocket!! Sub'd!! 😎🍻

If it can keep traction it should scoot, again I'm not expecting gains in mph, I'm down around 5000 rpm from the 6s setup but went from an 18t pinion on 6s to a 22t for the 8s so guessing they'll be similar, she runs about 63mph on the 18 on 6s with the short grp tires, fastest I've had it is 72 on 6s with a 22t and grp's, I may test tonight yet otherwise I'll hit it tomorrow

The Kronos is definitely crazy on 8s, too be honest it's almost too much, you can't really use all the power, it just wants to do backflips at almost any speed but I imagine the radix can handle it all, most likely just blow tires off but you'll be able to give her all, tonight isn't happening so I'll find out tomorrow hopefully

IMG_20220815_184819504.jpg

The Kronos is definitely crazy on 8s, too be honest it's almost too much, you can't really use all the power, it just wants to do backflips at almost any speed but I imagine the radix can handle it all, most likely just blow tires off but you'll be able to give her all, tonight isn't happening so I'll find out tomorrow hopefully

View attachment 2864
Big tires produce alot more wheelies. I have a kraton 6s with a 4092 motor, with the larger mt tires it's hard to put the power down without flipping backwards. Smaller truggy size tires tame it some. Those rigs you have look like they're ready to raise some trouble!! Nice work! 😎👍

Got to run it tonight and was actually impressed, top speed was as expected, but the biggest surprise to me was how well it actually hooked up, I think the excessive spinning power got the tires considerably hotter which allowed for the traction, this car very rarely would pull the front tires but was pulling them repeatedly on 8s and was hooking and accelerating very well. I will say I've been impressed with the wear factor of the grp tires but can tell on 8s they definitely will have a much shorter life, after one run the rear tires definitely feel like sandpaper, still look good but have some serious abrasion going on

Screenshot_20220816-200052.png

Oh yeah, and temps were great too, esc hit 112°f according to the castle link, motor was 119°f according to my temp gun, ripple voltage was a whopping .46 volts thanks to the huge cap pack, everything in the data log looked great. I'd add more gear but not sure the motor mount will allow for much more, I know I can fit a 23t, possibly a 24 but that's the limit, no desire to change spur because I will still use this thing off-road

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing a big cap pack on the 8s Kronos, took ripple from 2.94 (pushing the envelope) down to .83v, no more sweating! Unfortunately I'm running out of room on this rig so we'll see how well it stays in this location

IMG_20220829_195542222.jpg

Oh yeah and got the 24t pinion in the mail and put on radix, got to test for about 2 minutes before I blew a tire off the rim then the rain cut loose

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing a big cap pack on the 8s Kronos, took ripple from 2.94 (pushing the envelope) down to .83v, no more sweating! Unfortunately I'm running out of room on this rig so we'll see how well it stays in this location

View attachment 2942

Oh yeah and got the 24t pinion in the mail and put on radix, got to test for about 2 minutes before I blew a tire off the rim then the rain cut loose
Nice! Can you tell me more about your installation process please? It looks to me like you cut off the esc wires completely as opposed to the recommended way of opening up a little window in the cable sleeve and soldering directly.And what's that red thing you have there where the cables connect? Also looks like you use same wire gauge for the cappack? Did you build that cappack yourself?

The red thing is just a connector with 8mm bullets inside. The cap pack is a powerhobby brand, six 63v/2200uf caps, yes the wires are the same gauge as everything else, I am a bit farther away from the esc with them than you'd typically see but I'm not after maximum efficiency considering this isn't a high draw system aimed at speed runs, biggest thing for me was to lower the ripple voltage, any other benefit is just a bonus

View attachment 2942

Niiice!👌 I got a feeling you're gonna blow quite a few tires with that setup😁 That's the price we pay!😎🍻

I just now noticed you have copperheads on the front and TC tires on the rear :p Guessing they're close enough in size to not matter? I use the copperheads as poop kickers and the TC tires for when I need traction.. the copperheads are just greasy everywhere for me, but good when I just want to cut loose. Emphasis on loose!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The red thing is just a connector with 8mm bullets inside. The cap pack is a powerhobby brand, six 63v/2200uf caps, yes the wires are the same gauge as everything else, I am a bit farther away from the esc with them than you'd typically see but I'm not after maximum efficiency considering this isn't a high draw system aimed at speed runs, biggest thing for me was to lower the ripple voltage, any other benefit is just a bonus
Nice. That gives me a great idea actually! I have a Max8 ESC with very short cables, I'll use a bullet connector like this to extend the cable.

Nice. That gives me a great idea actually! I have a Max8 ESC with very short cables, I'll use a bullet connector like this to extend the cable.
Yes, you can buy them on ebay with 6.5mm bullets already soldered and heat shrinked if you like. Pretty reasonably priced too. I've been wanting to install a TC motor/esc combo in my Kraton exb but the motor cables are too short. I can make the extensions, but honestly their cheap enough to just buy.

Yes, you can buy them on ebay with 6.5mm bullets already soldered and heat shrinked if you like. Pretty reasonably priced too. I've been wanting to install a TC motor/esc combo in my Kraton exb but the motor cables are too short. I can make the extensions, but honestly their cheap enough to just buy.
Yeah, I need to decide which way I go about my connectors in general! I might start a thread on the topic later today.

It works well, and my go to after doing it on the first one, the picture below is the 8mm bullets I got, what's nice about these is they have a larger solder hole or whatever, it's large enough to fit two 10awg wires in

Screenshot_20220830-075516.png

It works well, and my go to after doing it on the first one, the picture below is the 8mm bullets I got, what's nice about these is they have a larger solder hole or whatever, it's large enough to fit two 10awg wires in

View attachment 2943
Yeah, and soldering bullets seems to be much easier than other connectors like deans or even the XT connectors. Anyway, sorry didn't mean to derail your thread too much on this! I'll kick off a new thread on the topic and we can see people's opinions and preferences on the matter.

Yeah, I need to decide which way I go about my connectors in general! I might start a thread on the topic later today.
I used Deans for the longest time, but started having issues with them melting about a year ago. They would just simply lose contact,looked fine, but no continuity.. After reading all over the place online, I decided to go with XT-90's. No regerts..they solder like a breeze compared to Deans, and they are available pretty much anywhere. I know the EC/IC-5's are reported to handle more amperage, but they are licensed by Horizon Hobby (I think?) Which to me is like the "Evil Empire". Which I prefer not to be committed to.

Yeah, and soldering bullets seems to be much easier than other connectors like deans or even the XT connectors. Anyway, sorry didn't mean to derail your thread too much on this! I'll kick off a new thread on the topic and we can see people's opinions and preferences on the matter.
Oh yeah, they're a lot easier, just fill up the bowl and drop the wire in, doesn't get much easier

Me too.. sorry @AngrySection8 .;)

Back