New high torque servo - CS-5245

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight out of the box, my Punisher's tyres were badly balanced and slightly mis-shaped. They're fine now though, they've stretched and rounded up very nicely, and since I put the vent holes in the outside to spin out the trapped water, have been ok for balance.
20230512_191715.jpg

wow nice rig! what are those wheels? while I enjoy a good grass run, I mostly run on pavement around here. I was trying to find belted 1/8 truggy tires. those look good.
Thanks for the advice on the servo saver. I figured it was there for a reason :LOL:. But, the steering was so bad I had to do something, and that is what I was reading in the forums. I loosened up my servo saver, next time I am out I will play with the endpoints. Just now I pushed the steering trim to 100% and checked it on the ground. It still doesn't make a full turn, but I am going to reserve judgement until I get out and drive it again.
do you have a GPS for your Kronos? how fast have you gone? I have only driven on 4S and it is scary fast for me...yet still I want to try 6S :oops:. It seems like it is going to be bonkers fast!
"Only" 51.6mph 😁 and on 4s!
GPS datalogger on my Android phone under the shell 😂
image.jpg

Last edited:
Straight out of the box, my Punisher's tyres were badly balanced and slightly mis-shaped. They're fine now though, they've stretched and rounded up very nicely, and since I put the vent holes in the outside to spin out the trapped water, have been ok for balance.
View attachment 4078
Yes, getting water into inserts is a real problem. It throws the balance out and can take a while to dry them.

On wet days, it's a good idea to cover any vent holes in the rim with tape to prevent water getting in.

Once inserts are wet, a hole in the tyre is the only way the water is getting out. The conundrum is: once you've drilled your tyre, water is more easily going to get in. 👍

@Jeffwazz - 51mph on 4S is impressive - that's 5/6 of my XTR's fastest run on 2/3 of the voltage. Which means you either have better batteries, motor - or probably both! 😅

Back