New high torque servo - CS-5245

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
I just noticed Team Corally released a new high torque servo.

https://www.corally.com/Servos-Part...otor-Steel-Gears-Ball-Beared-Full-Alloy-Case/

Looks pretty good on paper! It's a pity this wasn't available a couple of months ago, otherwise I would have tried it on my XTR.

1656333341173.png

I have the 5226 in my Radix (previously used ecoboost 6322) and I think it's much nicer, the ecoboost was a bit noisy and glitchy but the corally is silent and doesn't twitch around at all.

I have the 5226 in my Radix (previously used ecoboost 6322) and I think it's much nicer, the ecoboost was a bit noisy and glitchy but the corally is silent and doesn't twitch around at all.

That's good to know that they're good servos. I briefly considered the 5226 for my XTR as the Kronos RTR came with this, but looking at the specs I thought it wouldn't be strong enough for how big and heavy the truck is so I went with a Promodeler servo instead. But this new 5245 looks nice! If I ever have to replace the servo I'll try this one out.

I'm really pleased with mine, however I would rather it was completely waterproof, which it isn't. Rebuildable though and gear sets are pretty cheap.

I'm really pleased with mine, however I would rather it was completely waterproof, which it isn't. Rebuildable though and gear sets are pretty cheap.
Oh yeah I'm sure it's perfect for the Radix! The new one seems to be waterproof.

It's still a coreless servo and not brushless. For those of us in the US, for only $5 USD more you can get a Powerhobby 729MBL, which is brushless and waterproof, and puts out 500 oz-in of torque at .10 sec at 7.4V, and 565 oz-in at .085 sec at 8.4V. And shipping of Corally parts to the US runs 21.50 Euros.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerhobby-V...&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276303896349&th=1

I own three of these and they are great.

Brushless? What is the big advantage of a brushless Servo? Cant get the power hobby ones in Europe. The alternatives are expensive here. Loads of savox servos.

Anyone tried this servo yet? Thinking of putting it in my (yet 2 buy) Asuga XLR.
Sorry. Way late to this party. I bought this servo for my Kronos. Still waiting on the rest of the parts before I can send it out on its maiden voyage. According to all the numbers it should be a great servo for the Asuga. But I am no servo expert. I really just wanted something that would last and take a beating.

Back