Kronos XTR Kronos XTR... Impressive!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link to Claire's RC diff short video

Make of this what you will....
I'm not sure Claire's RC video was all that informative, past saying that the Corally Kronos was incredibly weak etc.

I've had zero issues with my XTR, but then I don't drive it like a Berkley Hunt into concrete skate ramps, either.

That really helps. 😝

So in the video, Claire states 'what would you do?' then leads the viewers by stating 'this is getting beyond now.....this is - beep!'.

The problem area was this:

Screenshot_20230508_001428.jpg

Corally Gearbox Case Set Composite 1 Set C-00180-033 plastic housing holds the bearings for the input gear. In this instance, it appears to be broken - because the plastic that separates the bearings has sheared away from the case.

But we know why it broke, because it was being hooned into everything.

The broken part is £8.83 from model sport. 🙄 Unlikely to be covered by warranty given the amount of crashing that went on with it prior.

IMO, instead of making such a big Karen drama out of it with a whining video - it should have just been wrenched on and fixed.

I'm not sure Claire's RC video was all that informative, past saying that the Corally Kronos was incredibly weak etc.

I've had zero issues with my XTR, but then I don't drive it like a Berkley Hunt into concrete skate ramps, either.

That really helps. 😝
I posted this up to show the input shaft bearing spacer (being smashed out with the driver). If that's loose (for whatever reason), it might give rise to the mesh becoming loose and the diff slipping/stripping input and crown gears.

Concrete skateparks are harsh. Those types of videos are for clicks and 🤑

I posted this up to show the input shaft bearing spacer (being smashed out with the driver). If that's loose (for whatever reason), it might give rise to the mesh becoming loose and the diff slipping/stripping input and crown gears.

Concrete skateparks are harsh. Those types of videos are for clicks and 🤑
There isn't a spacer - it's part of the actual case that they smashed to sh1t. 🤣

They needed to

1) Stop driving like Berkley hunts
2) Buy the replacement £8.83 part
3) Stop being such massive tight ar$es.

I hope that's clear enough. 😜

But that easy 8 quid part and fix would mean no dramatic video!

I think that particular skatepark destruction also bent the chassis and rear centre driveshaft - probably this punched the input cup into the diff housing breaking the bearing seat.

She clearly is not a Corally fan 😉 But sometimes fun to watch.
I'm not going to lie - I quite like watching KT's videos, but I struggle with some of the drivel from.........from some of his friend's channels.

But that easy 8 quid part and fix would mean no dramatic video!

I think that particular skatepark destruction also bent the chassis and rear centre driveshaft - probably this punched the input cup into the diff housing breaking the bearing seat.
That's exactly what it was, but due to their inability to A) drive and B) look at an instruction manual, they'd sooner conjure up and edit a 10 minute BS video about a part that doesn't exist to mislead people.

People that might otherwise have bought and enjoyed a rig that - contrary to their portrayal in numerous videos - would actually have been good fun. Opportunity lost.

I guess that's how social media influencing works. However, when said influencer is just plain wrong, it doesn't sit right with me.

Last edited:
No diff issues on the Punisher (yet), but I did see a YouTuber (Claire's RC?) Saying about the diff input gear and shaft bearing sliding in the gearbox housing causing mesh issues.
I'll see if I can find it to link....
Diffs and gears seen to be pretty bombproof to be honest🤷

I've managed to break 1 standard shock end, 1 shock shaft, and 2 shock pistons, all on the same rear shock!
Dunno why, but poor landings on unforgiving terrain might be a reason😁
Yea I thought diffs were pretty bomb proof which is why I switched to the Corallys from Arrmas.

I did fit a slightly longer rear dogbone which came from a kraton centre driveshaft as one of mine Kronos ones bent. The kraton driveshaft in the Kronos has no side-to-side play and I'm wondering if that may have contributed somehow to the input gear stripping 🤷‍♂️

Yea I thought diffs were pretty bomb proof which is why I switched to the Corallys from Arrmas.

I did fit a slightly longer rear dogbone which came from a kraton centre driveshaft as one of mine Kronos ones bent. The kraton driveshaft in the Kronos has no side-to-side play and I'm wondering if that may have contributed somehow to the input gear stripping 🤷‍♂️
I think so. You need some slack in it for sure.

Agreed, a little end-float is needed throughout the travel to stop any binding. I suppose it could shift the diff and affect the mesh.

I think so. You need some slack in it for sure.

Agreed, a little end-float is needed throughout the travel to stop any binding. I suppose it could shift the diff and affect the mesh.

Agreed, I think it's more my fault with the dog bones being too long, I'd bashed it pretty hard before changing the dog bones and only the shock end broke. New driveshafts coming this week so will give it another good test this weekend.

For the money super impressed with the way this thing drives. It handles much better than my Traxxas Sledge

True, to expensive and i don't like how the company works 😉

To be fair their rigs are usually pretty solid, but their electronics suck. I've owned a Widemaxx and the XRT all they needed was hardened spur and pinions and then they were practically bullet proof, but their ESC's still sucked. They also have tons of their own upgrade parts and other companies who make upgrade for their vehicles too as so many people buy them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Corally bring out a 1/5 1/6 scale rig

To be fair their rigs are usually pretty solid, but their electronics suck. I've owned a Widemaxx and the XRT all they needed was hardened spur and pinions and then they were practically bullet proof, but their ESC's still sucked. They also have tons of their own upgrade parts and other companies who make upgrade for their vehicles too as so many people buy them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Corally bring out a 1/5 1/6 scale rig
Latest controversy back in April was Traxass legal team sending out cease and desist orders to numerous aftermarket companies' websites, including little guy racing.

curious-what-this-is-in-reference-to-what-did-traxxas-say-v0-dp46j0reudsa1.jpg

This is all sorted now, but there was a lot of backlash online and Traxass reversed out of it

For the companies affected, their websites stopped working for everything they sold.

Traxass would prefer if you only bought their rigs AND their upgrades.

I will maintain my ABT approach. Yes, I like their XRT, but I can certainly live without it and generally prefer other options anyway Traxass will never have a single penny of my money.

Traxass actions have been repeatedly aggressive and whilst I'm quite certain their legal team is confident of the legalities, it doesn't change the fact that their company is the only one in the hobby that is morally and ethically bereft.

This is just as unfair to those that own Traxass rigs as those that don't - so please understand that I'm not anti those that enjoy TRX - only the destructive behaviour of the company. People need to vote with their wallets and the problem will become self mitigating. 👍

@Horatio yea I did see some of this drama a few months back. Obviously the people pushing agendas like this at Traxxas are more interested in making money vs benefiting the hobby or us hobbyists. I try to stay clear of it and just bash to be honest. The good thing about this hobby is that it takes you away from all the drama at work / home / life etc... I do think what Traxxas did was a low blow. Why can't everybody just be nice to each other :D

In terms of value for money I think Corrally and Hobao are the kings

@Horatio yea I did see some of this drama a few months back. Obviously the people pushing agendas like this at Traxxas are more interested in making money vs benefiting the hobby or us hobbyists. I try to stay clear of it and just bash to be honest. The good thing about this hobby is that it takes you away from all the drama at work / home / life etc... I do think what Traxxas did was a low blow. Why can't everybody just be nice to each other :D

In terms of value for money I think Corrally and Hobao are the kings
Yes 100%. RC companies need to make money and protect their intellectual property, but they also need to protect the hobby. I've never known any other RC company behave in such a manner.

RC enthusiasts are already part of a pretty niche hobby and need to stick together and celebrate how awesome it is, regardless what they run.

I'll aim to be more tolerant and nice, I promise! 😊👍

Back