Kronos XTR Kronos XTR... Impressive!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you imagine if corally would do the same as what TRX did. They would be bankrupt in no time. Inknow protecting/selling your own product would bring more money. But, you can also learn from it as a company when people make their own upgrades. They are usually better and stronger so as a company you can do the same and even better so people would buy the company stuff more instead of the custom parts.
Hope you guys understand what i mean

Latest controversy back in April was Traxass legal team sending out cease and desist orders to numerous aftermarket companies' websites, including little guy racing.

View attachment 3942
This is all sorted now, but there was a lot of backlash online and Traxass reversed out of it

For the companies affected, their websites stopped working for everything they sold.

Traxass would prefer if you only bought their rigs AND their upgrades.

I will maintain my ABT approach. Yes, I like their XRT, but I can certainly live without it and generally prefer other options anyway Traxass will never have a single penny of my money.

Traxass actions have been repeatedly aggressive and whilst I'm quite certain their legal team is confident of the legalities, it doesn't change the fact that their company is the only one in the hobby that is morally and ethically bereft.

This is just as unfair to those that own Traxass rigs as those that don't - so please understand that I'm not anti those that enjoy TRX - only the destructive behaviour of the company. People need to vote with their wallets and the problem will become self mitigating. 👍
I agree 100%. I do want some traxxas products buy now I will find products from other companies to satisfy my urge. Like my 20 year old CEN genesis nitro. Huge 5 horsepower nitro monster. Traxxas can't compete with that 😎

20230512_233019.jpg

I agree 100%. I do want some traxxas products buy now I will find products from other companies to satisfy my urge. Like my 20 year old CEN genesis nitro. Huge 5 horsepower nitro monster. Traxxas can't compete with that 😎

View attachment 3967
I love that!! 😍

Traxass tried to shut down RCTech, because they didn't like some of the frank conversations taking place there on that Forum. Home to the world's largest Savage thread. So - forget freedom of speech - like something out of a communist regime - they tried to get the site shut down.

Not surprisingly, that action was unsuccessful and RCTech demanded an apology statement.

Scolton Savage 4 R.JPG
IMG_20200423_165749.jpg

TRX shouldn't be the nemesis - but that's what it's become. Enemy to Arrma fans, HPI fans, HBO.

It's not fair to TRX customers either. Or the hobby. Or the sport.

I really hope that Traxass change, or the other companies fight fire with fire! 🔥😂

I love that!! 😍

Traxass tried to shut down RCTech, because they didn't like some of the frank conversations taking place there on that Forum. Home to the world's largest Savage thread. So - forget freedom of speech - like something out of a communist regime - they tried to get the site shut down.

Not surprisingly, that action was unsuccessful and RCTech demanded an apology statement.

View attachment 3968View attachment 3969
TRX shouldn't be the nemesis - but that's what it's become. Enemy to Arrma fans, HPI fans, HBO.

It's not fair to TRX customers either. Or the hobby. Or the sport.

I really hope that Traxass change, or the other companies fight fire with fire! 🔥😂
Gotta love the savage!

IMG_20230506_082829167.jpg

Thanks for the tips and advice. 1 week in and 3 seripus bash sessions and I must say I still love this car. Its drive and handling are really refined for a car priced cheaper then Arrma/Traxxas.

Unfortunately I have had some breakages

- Front of battery tray snapped off
- Right back shock end broke twice and ended up bending the rear dog bone so temporarily running kraton rears
- Rear input gears stripped (I don't land on power) no idea how it happened

Even with those few things I'm really happy with the car. I notice my 2050kv motor with fans gets warm on 6s and 13t so will drop to a 12t

I've had a few but I'm wanting to test how strong it is. Its definitely a high flyer

We both obviously have great taste 😆👍

View attachment 3931

Ok so turns out I didn't have a diff issue. Well actually I did have a diff issue but it was user error!! When I changed the fluid in the centre diff, I didn't use loctite and the screws backed out. I spent 4 hours stripping and checking the front, then rear diff, as soon I removed the centre diff I realised the screws were loose :oops::rolleyes::p... So she's back to being 'Impressive'!!!!!

Took my XTR out for a blast around on grass using 6S. One of our cats - PJ - has taken a real shine to it, chases it, watches it - generally wants to play with it.

In the end, the interaction between the XTR and PJ became the focal point for the whole session.

IMG_20230516_194711.jpg

Each time I passed this apple tree, PJ launched her ambush. Sometimes from the tree itself! 🤣

IMG_20230516_194236.jpg

My other cats watched from a much safer distance. Anyone else here have their XTR chased by pets?

I haven't had this issue with my XTR. You probably know this already, but could it be that your tools are a bit worn or that they're low quality hex drivers?
All my screw heads are good too. I’ve bought a spare set of screws from RC Spares on eBay just in case. Quite a few now have been removed and put back a fair few times with a bit of thread lock and all still good

Yeah, my cat's not interested in my Punisher or my small 1/16th Flyhal.
He does love this though, we both get to play!View attachment 4008
That looks awesome. What a great idea. Sambo approves!!!

IMG_20230518_190119.jpg

@Horatio that's hilarious :D :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. He must think it's another cat or a toy. My dog would just away from my car. As soon as I start getting them out she runs away.

At least your cat doesn't attack it
PJ just loves to play - and this is the first thing in the garden that she can't catch!! 🤣

Back