Kronos XTR 7075 VS 7075 T6 (Swiss)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash_194

Reaction score
Hi all,

For those Kronos XTR owners, what is your experience with the standard 7075 parts bending? I was just wondering whether people were still perhaps upgrading to the 7075 T6 (swiss) parts where available?

I'm really intrigued to know how the XTR 7075 hinge pin holders hold up against bending? My experience of the 7075 T6 on my Radix is they are pretty much bullet proof, but wondering how the 7075 compare?

Hi all,

For those Kronos XTR owners, what is your experience with the standard 7075 parts bending? I was just wondering whether people were still perhaps upgrading to the 7075 T6 (swiss) parts where available?

I'm really intrigued to know how the XTR 7075 hinge pin holders hold up against bending? My experience of the 7075 T6 on my Radix is they are pretty much bullet proof, but wondering how the 7075 compare?
I've never had any problems with anything bending except for that steering drag link thing with 3 holes in a row drilled into it. I hate that design. Made a custom one. Great car

Not bent anything other than the steering rack / Ackerman plate (upgraded to a 6/4 Titanium).
Chassis and towers no problems so far with the standard Punisher kit versions.

Frustratingly one of the steering links broke today after 20 mins ish on track. The landing was bit of a stinker, but didn't quite expect this from a model that is more geared towards bashing! 🙈 looks like I'll be downgrading to the standard Kronos plastic ones.

20230402_124659.jpg

The standard solid plastic links (on the Punisher) have a bit of flex, and hold up well to bashing. I've got a set of the Kronos xtr in the spares box, but not needed to fit them yet.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have bent the front hinge pin holders on my xtr kronos 2022 and the ackerman plate but made my own hinge pin holders out of some 7075 aluminum and just straightened the ackerman think the swiss 7075 is stronger though have yet to try it

Same here..Ackerman and steer links.. I've upgraded to the dual plate ackerman setup, been swapping in whatever I find for steer links so far..HPI Vorza flux links break pretty easily too..
Some have been swapping rear camber links in place of the stock steer links. Camber links are 5mm thick vs 4mm steer links..

Is that a rubber O-ring around the motor? Have you found it helps support the end of the motor can in heavier impacts?

Edit:- That's a really good idea!

Is that a rubber O-ring around the motor? Have you found it helps support the end of the motor can in heavier impacts?

Edit:- That's a really good idea!
Indeed, great idea.
Yep it works..!!(y) I pretty much run various sized ones on almost all my rigs..

Yep it works..!!(y) I pretty much run various sized ones on almost all my rigs..
I've started doing the same after my Kaiju mount got tweaked.. I put a 4274 in it, stock is 4068..not a huge difference but the mount in the Kaiju is weak.. has worked out great in that, so I started doing it on my other rigs too. Can't really hurt anything.

I'm experimenting with Alloy/Carbon hybrid for my shock towers on the Baja 5B. So far, I'm liking it.
IMG_20230331_195344.jpg

Could something like this be done on the Corally rigs..... I reckon so. My reasoning is that the Carbon will prevent the alloy from going past it's elastic limit (where it stays bent).

Incidentally, you guys might want to read about Traxass' latest nonsense and help spread the word. Now is the time:

Traxass are at it again - make it stop!

I'm experimenting with Alloy/Carbon hybrid for my shock towers on the Baja 5B. So far, I'm liking it. View attachment 3800
Could something like this be done on the Corally rigs..... I reckon so. My reasoning is that the Carbon will prevent the alloy from going past it's elastic limit (where it stays bent).

Incidentally, you guys might want to read about Traxass' latest nonsense and help spread the word. Now is the time:

Traxass are at it again - make it stop!
Yeah I saw the Traxxass bull5hit, that company needs to go and do one..!!
I was going to buy a TRX4 highlift but now they can go suck one, their business practices are beyond a joke..!!

Last edited:
Yeah I saw the Traxxass bull5hit, that company needs to go and do one..!!
I was going to buy a TRX4 highlift but now they can go suck one, there business practices are beyond a joke..!!
Agreed..just not necessary IMO. I won't get rid of the TRX I got, but won't be buying anymore for sure. They're just wrong..

Agreed..just not necessary IMO. I won't get rid of the TRX I got, but won't be buying anymore for sure. They're just wrong..
I think awareness is growing, even amongst newcomers. Ultimately, Traxass' primary objective is profit via monopolising the market. If consumers vote with their wallets - Traxass will change course.

Back