Kronos XTR Kronos XTR 2022 Wrong Shocks From Factory, Anyone Else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRC

Reaction score
I was delivered a Kronos XTR 2022 version early March. It came with some issues out of the box. Wheels malformed, bent front drive shaft, leaking front differential, leaking front shocks and what I feel is the worst of these, is the shocks mounted on the chassis were from Corally's regular 6S models. They were simply the wrong part. One shock went 'limp' so I opened it up and to my surprise

PXL_20230410_202417618.jpg
PXL_20230409_231631586.jpg

Those are the incorrect pistons mounted on the 'XTR 2022'.

I searched the part number provided from HRP's website exploded-view of the XTR 2022. And that part number is C-00180-768 And looks much different. And supposedly 4mm thick. The calipers show a discovery of BS. Bull**** you ask? No, bait and switch. Even the shock rod ends are incorrect. The whole shock setup was a scam.

I am left with a terrible platform. An unusable rig. I feel so scammed and cheated. I was assured the model sent was a 'Kronos XTR 2022'. I've lost all patience regarding this thing. Over 30 days. Can't return. Or, argue with Corally and HRP for the necessary parts. This thing has been nothing but let downs, and stress dealing with all the people not helping.

I could have almost forgiven them even for the junky wheels, leaking differential, leaking front shocks and HOW DOES A DRIVESHAFT GET BENT FROM FACTORY? But the incorrect shocks mounted was the last thread.

It was the biggest disappoint in my many years of RC. It has only left me feeling cheated. I know, I know. 'Corally service will help'. Enough with the crutch please. Relying on customer service instead of the quality of units is disappointing to say the least. I paid for one thing, but got another.

Let this be a lesson regarding Corally.

mop up those tears and contact Corally? just an idea.
Ah yes. The typical idiot. Just here for an argument and a feeling of superiority.

So fraud is acceptable to the mentally feeble?

Where did you buy it from? HRP? Contact the seller/corally. Never heard of the issue before. It is not normal.
HRP yes. Shipped directly from their warehouse.

The seller said they find any of this hard to believe. And corally wouldn't properly rectify. And I'm out an RC and the money.

Apparently I'm supposed to be ok with being scammed.

Last edited:
PXL_20230414_103611608.jpg
PXL_20230414_103630661.jpg

Awesome! Sharp deformed plastics near rubber being squeezed together. What could go wrong?
Such quality.

Why did you take the shocks apart before submitting a warranty claim? If you thought they were wrong, you shouldn't have torn them down. And you totally mangled the shocks by taking them apart the way you did.

As I posted in the Arrma forum, where you went to try and get more sympathy, the part number you gave for the shock pistons is for the Sketer 4s, not for a Kronos XTR.

Edit: an independent web site, RC Race Shop, shows those as replacement parts for the XTR, but that is the only site I could find that shows that.

I own two Corally vehicles (a Radix6 and a Muraco), and I haven't had a single issue with either of them: no leaks, no malformed wheels, nothing. The quality on my Corally vehicles surpasses that on my Arrma Kraton 6s: the diffs and shocks were filled properly on the Corallys, unlike those on my Kraton

Last edited:
Have the Sketer and asuga. Nothing wrong with it. And agree, never take anything apart before claiming the warranty. Guess you sell the car and get some money back and never buy a Corally again. Or, change the broken parts.

Not a KronosXTR, but this shock piston was the one fitted to my Punisher shocks - failure just like yours.
20230328_192946.jpg

In fairness, this rear corner also suffered from a broken rod end and a broken shaft following a (very) poor landing.
The 1,8mm pistons come in an assorted bag (9 sets of 4) with different damping options.
It certainly isn't clear from the manual/exploded view if the 4mm HD pistons are a standard fit, and I couldn't find them in-stock when I needed a replacement.

View attachment 3823View attachment 3824

Awesome! Sharp deformed plastics near rubber being squeezed together. What could go wrong?
Such quality.
This is how the shock was assembled from factory? There seems to be too many seals and spacers for 1 shock? I don't see how that stack could fit in a shock body?
I see on the Kronos xtr (22) manual that the piston numbers you listed are indeed correct for this model. They should take care of it, they (TC via HRP) took care of my drive cup issues very well. That was 6 months after purchase might I add. I understand your frustration, but if you gave them the same attitude you're displaying here, I'm not surprised that they aren't eager to resolve the issues.
What has been your course of action thus far?
I reached out to TC directly with my concerns via email, they directed me to HRP which is the US distributor for TC.
As to the bent driveshaft, who knows, but reporting any defects should be done immediately before using the product.
Good luck, your experience doesn't reflect on mine, or most others I've seen or heard.

Sounds like someone just trying to get some free parts to fix their drove hard put up wet old beatdown ride. Lets see those deformed wheels and bent drive shaft. I've got a Radix and Python and they are perfect. HRP and Corally know a scam when they see it.

Hmmmm, I suppose I could interpret the Punisher manual to suggest I should have had the 4mm thick pistons fitted from the factory.
Screenshot_20230417_182954_Chrome.jpg

But to be honest, I read this as an option/upgrade part.

Sounds like someone just trying to get some free parts to fix their drove hard put up wet old beatdown ride. Lets see those deformed wheels and bent drive shaft. I've got a Radix and Python and they are perfect. HRP and Corally know a scam when they see it.
If this is the case, it's sad that many folks today think scamming people or companies is OK. I'm a Baby Boomer, and I certainly wasn't raised that way.

Why did you take the shocks apart before submitting a warranty claim? If you thought they were wrong, you shouldn't have torn them down. And you totally mangled the shocks by taking them apart the way you did.

As I posted in the Arrma forum, where you went to try and get more sympathy, the part number you gave for the shock pistons is for the Sketer 4s, not for a Kronos XTR.

Edit: an independent web site, RC Race Shop, shows those as replacement parts for the XTR, but that is the only site I could find that shows that.

I own two Corally vehicles (a Radix6 and a Muraco), and I haven't had a single issue with either of them: no leaks, no malformed wheels, nothing. The quality on my Corally vehicles surpasses that on my Arrma Kraton 6s: the diffs and shocks were filled properly on the Corallys, unlike those on my Kraton
Agreed...my Corally rigs are tough tanks! The only breakage I've experienced on the Skeeter or Kronos XTR were the result of my poor driving! Very impressed with Corally parts quality and assembly from factory.

I was delivered a Kronos XTR 2022 version early March. It came with some issues out of the box. Wheels malformed, bent front drive shaft, leaking front differential, leaking front shocks and what I feel is the worst of these, is the shocks mounted on the chassis were from Corally's regular 6S models. They were simply the wrong part. One shock went 'limp' so I opened it up and to my surprise

View attachment 3820View attachment 3821

Those are the incorrect pistons mounted on the 'XTR 2022'.

I searched the part number provided from HRP's website exploded-view of the XTR 2022. And that part number is C-00180-768 And looks much different. And supposedly 4mm thick. The calipers show a discovery of BS. Bull**** you ask? No, bait and switch. Even the shock rod ends are incorrect. The whole shock setup was a scam.

I am left with a terrible platform. An unusable rig. I feel so scammed and cheated. I was assured the model sent was a 'Kronos XTR 2022'. I've lost all patience regarding this thing. Over 30 days. Can't return. Or, argue with Corally and HRP for the necessary parts. This thing has been nothing but let downs, and stress dealing with all the people not helping.

I could have almost forgiven them even for the junky wheels, leaking differential, leaking front shocks and HOW DOES A DRIVESHAFT GET BENT FROM FACTORY? But the incorrect shocks mounted was the last thread.

It was the biggest disappoint in my many years of RC. It has only left me feeling cheated. I know, I know. 'Corally service will help'. Enough with the crutch please. Relying on customer service instead of the quality of units is disappointing to say the least. I paid for one thing, but got another.

Let this be a lesson regarding Corally.
Erm, I'd argue that as the Kronos XTR 22 was delivered with incorrect parts that it was not as specified or described. This means that you are well within your rights under the sale of goods act and your general consumer rights (which is fairly similar for any country in the west) - not to accept the goods.

Why do you have to wait 30 days? You're 100% entitled to a full refund or exchange. The goods weren't fit for purpose.

Instead, the retailer can wait 30 days for remedial parts for the faulty XTR 22 roller - while you should receive what it is you paid for from the retailer. Get the retailer to switch for a proper one.

Don't get upset - exercise your rights. You'll find that XTR's are actually a really good rig. Assuming they're not sent out of the factory all to cock. Yours is a pretty rare example - the factory must have sent that one out on a Friday evening! 🤣

Not a KronosXTR, but this shock piston was the one fitted to my Punisher shocks - failure just like yours.View attachment 3825
In fairness, this rear corner also suffered from a broken rod end and a broken shaft following a (very) poor landing.
The 1,8mm pistons come in an assorted bag (9 sets of 4) with different damping options.
It certainly isn't clear from the manual/exploded view if the 4mm HD pistons are a standard fit, and I couldn't find them in-stock when I needed a replacement.
Is your droop set correctly?

View attachment 3823View attachment 3824

Such quality.
So why have you waited a month and a half to take issue with this?

Were these deficiencies not evident when you unboxed it in early March? 🤔

Ah yes. The typical idiot. Just here for an argument and a feeling of superiority.

So fraud is acceptable to the mentally feeble?

Apparently I'm supposed to be ok with being scammed.

Whose the idiot? Someone suggesting to dry your eyes and offering to the table a solution, rather than more problems? 🤔

A manufacturing defect or assembly isuue with a roller is not fraud.

I think the problem is that the pictures you are showing are that of dirty, used parts. Those shock shafts/seals have been used.

If your receipt shows March and you're trying to organise an exchange or refund after 28 days, you may only be entitled to allowing the manufacturer the opportunity to remedy it with replacement parts, rather than a whole new rig.

How many days did it take for you to discover the bent driveshaft? Or the mis-shapen wheels? In law - this would be 28 days.

That's nothing to do with people being mentally feeble, and everything to do with consumer law.

My kronos xtr has been a turd. Enough to make me want to strip it down and sell as parts
Let me know what bits are for sale. 😁

Makes me wonder, was it a new car? Does not look like it
Those parts have dirt on them. It's now the latter part of April and this rig was purchased the beginning of March.

Retailer is obviously going to be querying this.

Last edited:
it's not fraud is it? it's a mistake, grow up.
It is by definition fraud, yes. I paid for one thing, and got last years parts. FRAUD

Look it up

Sounds like you're a moron putting salt in the wound. I hadn't even touched it before I noticed everything. How about asking instead of assuming like the old moron you are

Erm, I'd argue that as the Kronos XTR 22 was delivered with incorrect parts that it was not as specified or described. This means that you are well within your rights under the sale of goods act and your general consumer rights (which is fairly similar for any country in the west) - not to accept the goods.

Why do you have to wait 30 days? You're 100% entitled to a full refund or exchange. The goods weren't fit for purpose.

Instead, the retailer can wait 30 days for remedial parts for the faulty XTR 22 roller - while you should receive what it is you paid for from the retailer. Get the retailer to switch for a proper one.

Don't get upset - exercise your rights. You'll find that XTR's are actually a really good rig. Assuming they're not sent out of the factory all to cock. Yours is a pretty rare example - the factory must have sent that one out on a Friday evening! 🤣

Is your droop set correctly?

So why have you waited a month and a half to take issue with this?

Were these deficiencies not evident when you unboxed it in early March? 🤔

Whose the idiot? Someone suggesting to dry your eyes and offering to the table a solution, rather than more problems? 🤔

A manufacturing defect or assembly isuue with a roller is not fraud.

I think the problem is that the pictures you are showing are that of dirty, used parts. Those shock shafts/seals have been used.

If your receipt shows March and you're trying to organise an exchange or refund after 28 days, you may only be entitled to allowing the manufacturer the opportunity to remedy it with replacement parts, rather than a whole new rig.

How many days did it take for you to discover the bent driveshaft? Or the mis-shapen wheels? In law - this would be 28 days.

That's nothing to do with people being mentally feeble, and everything to do with consumer law.

Let me know what bits are for sale. 😁

Those parts have dirt on them. It's now the latter part of April and this rig was purchased the beginning of March.

Retailer is obviously going to be querying this.
It was over 30 days before the piston failed. And took it apart to see why it wouldn't function properly. Apparently none of you on this forum have good comprehension skills. Of course it was used before finding out about the shocks being incorrect. Everything else was evident out of the box just by looking at it. I find it truly unbelievable that there's this many of you being disrespectful.

Everything OTHER than the shocks was noticed while unboxing. I don't care on iota if anyone thinks I am scamming. This is not the case. The wheels being junk happens to many manufacturers. People glue it and mistakes happen. Bent driveshaft is beyond me, how can it be bent from factory. I'm basically talking to a bunch of people on here that are uneducated. So what's the point I guess

How did I 'mangle' the shocks? I think you honestly don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for the insults though, idiot

Oh and you had good luck with Corally, good for you. I guess that means nothing goes wrong then because YOU are the only person on the planet. Narcissistic.

Last edited:
So I originally made this post to let people know of Corally's fraudulent business practice. And I've only been met with accusations, idiots, and people just looking for an argument. Just fanboys hurt that their favourite company is truly garbage.

Now here is a question to separate the truly ignorant from any type of intelligence - Should I be given fully built shocks? Or should I only be given parts to rebuild them myself? Even though I paid for fully built shocks installed from factory.

Back