Kronos XTR Kronos xtr 2021 vs 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're expensive, actually dearer for TC esc and motor than HW max 8 combo.. doesn't make any sense to me🤷‍♂️
Nothing wrong with watching your money 😉
True..but I do get carried away at times..drives my wife crazy. Just buy something already, she says 🤔🤣

They're expensive, actually dearer for TC esc and motor than HW max 8 combo.. doesn't make any sense to me🤷‍♂️
Nothing wrong with watching your money 😉

TC electronics are higher spec than HW Max8 electronics, they are NOT the same, the ESC amps on the Toro-X are 185A, the HW is 150A. The Toro-X also has a big ol' cappack on there, I don't think the HW does.

TC electronics are higher spec than HW Max8 electronics, they are NOT the same, the ESC amps on the Toro-X are 185A, the HW is 150A. The Toro-X also has a big ol' cappack on there, I don't think the HW does.
With much respect, I disagree. I know what the TC Torox 185 manual states in terms of specs, but pretty sure TC transposed the wrong information in their manual. Torox 185 specs in TC's manual match those of the HW max6.
I can tell you without a doubt that the max6 is considerably larger in size, and the caps are huge by comparison to the Torox 185.
However, I totally agree that the TC components are legit👍
Have a look at these..I believe all 3 use 10gauge wires..

Screenshot_20220215-135527_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220215-140257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220215-135030_Samsung Internet.jpg

Didn't realise they were higher spec than the max 8..

I mean, the Toro-X 135 that comes in the Sketer is rated at 135A and the MAX10 SCT that it's based off is 120A, so either all of them put in the wrong information, or TC specs them differently. The capacitors on the MAX8 and TORO-X185 above have different labels on them, so... they're different???

Maybe they decided the cappack on the Toro-X causes it to be rated at 185A, I don't know, but they are definitely not the same ESC with a different color. Firmware is different too for sure.

I mean, the Toro-X 135 that comes in the Sketer is rated at 135A and the MAX10 SCT that it's based off is 120A, so either all of them put in the wrong information, or TC specs them differently. The capacitors on the MAX8 and TORO-X185 above have different labels on them, so... they're different???

Maybe they decided the cappack on the Toro-X causes it to be rated at 185A, I don't know, but they are definitely not the same ESC with a different color. Firmware is different too for sure.
Not sure what to make of it all myself, maybe the different numbers on the caps are from a different supplier? I do agree 100% that the TC electrics definitely rip! Perhaps the added external cap pack gives it a 185amp rating?
Hard to believe .
At one point, I had thought the torox 185 was a rebrand max6(based off of TC's specs), and was like what!? I'm getting the torox!! Well, after getting one and already having a max6 on hand, the torox is definitely smaller. Hey, at $75, the torox 185 is my pick all day for 1/8 bashers👍😃

IDK what is different about the max8 and Torox 185. I don't own a max8, but I do trust your experience when you say the torox delivers more..couldn't be as simple as punch settings, could it?
All this discussion of the torox has me wondering if there might be a setting for 5s in the torox. I do like running 5s myself. It's a happy spot for bashing IMO. Kaiju makes a good example, 4s is kinda meh, 6s is basically bonsai. 5, just right👌 I turned LVC off on the stock esc in kaiju just for that purpose.

Last edited:
Will be keeping my eyes peeled for the TC combo, sounds like it's well worth it for the 2022 or would you go HW max 6 with the 1650kv for not much more? Maybe too big?
Difference of about £40.

Will be keeping my eyes peeled for the TC combo, sounds like it's well worth it for the 2022 or would you go HW max 6 with the 1650kv for not much more? Maybe too big?
Difference of about £40.
I prefer the TC system personally. Max6 is great for speed, but at the expense of handling. Max6 combo is definitely a noticable weight gain. I'm not a speed guy tho, so..if TC is too much $, I'd go max8 myself.

I guess a plus for the max6 would be the ability to run 8s although I don't know how you could fit it, much less use it. It's possible tho.

Last edited:
After reviewing the Torox 185 manual, I see that TC says this esc IS 8s capable! Not sure I would try it myself but it's there in black and white just as @razorrc has been saying..along with a 185a continous rating. Not sure how it's possible given it's cap size and what not.
@razorrc , my apologies, I didn't intend to misinform ✌

Screenshot_20220216-100403_Hancom Office S Viewer.jpg

After reviewing the Torox 185 manual, I see that TC says this esc IS 8s capable! Not sure I would try it myself but it's there in black and white just as @razorrc has been saying..along with a 185a continous rating. Not sure how it's possible given it's cap size and what not.
@razorrc , my apologies, I didn't intend to misinform ✌

View attachment 1015
Correct, but the 2050kV Kuron 825 motor isn't rated for 8s, 25.2V max (6s)

Correct, but the 2050kV Kuron 825 motor isn't rated for 8s, 25.2V max (6s)
I didn't mention that as I thought it was common knowledge but..I should have specified 👍
Pretty sure a 5892 can motor isn't gonna fit the stock mount either?

Hey guys, after coming across this model, I've decided I want one. Of course I want the 2022 model, but how do I know I am getting the 2022 model vs. the 2021 model when I place an order with a dealer? Is there a model # difference that I can give to the dealer to ensure its the 2022 model? Or is anything new that I order simply going to be the 2022 model now?

Hey guys, after coming across this model, I've decided I want one. Of course I want the 2022 model, but how do I know I am getting the 2022 model vs. the 2021 model when I place an order with a dealer? Is there a model # difference that I can give to the dealer to ensure its the 2022 model? Or is anything new that I order simply going to be the 2022 model now?
Seller should specify,if not, ask them. I don't know how many '21's are left floating out there..seems most were put on sale to clear them out.
I will say my '21 xtr diff cups are wearing fast since I started running 6s and only after 3 or 4 runs.. kinda disappointed. I don't get anywhere near as much drive cup wear with my Arrmas on 6s.

Back