Kronos XTR Horatio's XTR Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it would be scooting, it's achievable just whether I can pull it off with the handful of digitals and gears I have on hand is what's in question
Well you're already pretty darned close from the numbers you've shown.

I need to shave another 0.5 second off my 6S 0-60mph times.

My XTR is out next for some speed runs, also on 6S. I'm not shooting for 90 mph, not yet. 🤣

I reckon I might be good for 82 mph though.....🤞😅

Sorry for not posting in a while - the last week has been off the charts unpleasant.

Normal service will resume shortly....

Briefly, a member of the family had taken their own life, with no warning. We're still awaiting the autopsy/post mortem. No one at this stage knows when the funeral is.

Then, the day after this, one of our beloved cats, Harley, keeled over - panting and breathing like the clappers. We thought it might be a touch of heat stroke, as he was asleep in front of the French doors in direct sunlight. It was 7:30pm, so after hours emergency vet it was. Turns out, he had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) and Thromboembolism.

Therapy would not have been the kindest option for Harley, as clots are known to cause various degrees of paralysis and acute pain during episodes. We believe Harley was already experiencing such episodes since moving home, where we saw him dragging his back left leg on a few occasions. There was only one kind option and the decision shouldn't have felt as tough as it did.

On Friday, I was burying our beloved Harley, feeling 'below par' when I receive a phone call. It's my steel workbench. The company had promised an email on completion of said bench, to arrange a day to deliver. Instead, it's the lorry driver, asking what I'd like to do with it, because he'd knocked the door and no one was home. I greeted him around the front - and standing 2.2 metres high was my bench, on end, on a pallet. 100kg. I asked if the driver would lay it down with me. Basically his answer was 'no'. Then the bare faced cheek of it - he asked me for directions for his next 3 drops. 🙄🤣 The thought of digging a bigger hole did cross my mind...😝

I arranged with my brother in law to lay it down and then we got it into position in the garage.

Surely now, our luck would change? Nope. Saturday morning, we received a phonecall stating that another family member was given 24 hours to live. On Sunday, we had word that he too has passed.

Looks like we could end up being double booked with funerals. Is that normal? 🤔

Needless to say, Flying and RC stuff have taken a back seat whilst we re-group.

I will however be fitting some workshop lighting today - it's therapeutic! 😁

Jesus. :oops: :confused: Sending prayers, healing vibes, good thoughts, burnt chickens, whatever it takes to help you through my brother. 🙏

Personally, I would have given the hairy 🫏 driver stupendously erroneous directions as a thanks. Quite possibly to the next highway where the next exit is at least 50 miles away.

Stay strong and fall back on us if ya need. 🙏

Well, I'm still at work but my head is vaguely in the shed.....but perhaps that isn't metaphorical because I'm keeping busy with installation of additional lighting, wiring and power points in the garage. 😅

My wife is really struggling at the moment, but we're to expect loss at this stage in our lives - it's impossible to avoid - and we're fortunate enough that we can still shoulder it together.

Damn H, that’s a rough spot.

My thoughts are with you guys, hopefully a little “shop maintenance” will help keep you busy. Most of the time I probably push myself too far but I do know that staying busy helps me out tremendously when I’m going through stuff.

All my best to you and your Mrs H!

Back