Asuga Horatio's Sworkz S35 T2E Pro Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will hear ya coming! 🤣🤣
Yes - those 6mm balls, tinkle - tinkle! 😝🥴

In other news, I have now fitted a Dusty Motors (L) shroud to my T2E.

The 1515 should run reasonably cool here in our UK temperate climate, but I'm preparing for a twin fan mount, ready for the summer.

Whilst we rarely see 'hot' temperatures, one year it was 40°C right where I live and I expect speed runs in those conditions will necessitate fans, just like those on my XTR.

1000016852.jpg

Fits fine - same size as the one on the XTR. They're about £25, which isn't cheap considering it's just mesh with a zipper, but I'm happy with the way it's worked on the XTR. You also get some black shock socks.

The front of the Dusty Motors is secured with bungee around the body posts, rather than the shock tower on this T2E. This seems to work fine, as the shroud is secured with velcro as well.

The supplied velcro is about an 16mm wide, this had to be cut into 8mm strip and put around the chassis side guards. I probably only used about 1/3rd of the supplied velcro, so there's plenty to spare.

1000016853.jpg

I'm now ready to gear this thing up and gun for these 0-60mph runs.

Reckon I'll need another Tekno 18 tooth pinion Mod 1, 5mm x M5 grub. 😎

Back to RPRC I go....

Last edited:
Shaping up nicely, that. :love: I've been debating a chassis cover, but still on the fence. I'll get rocks in there but they're usually not offensive; it's the ones that get stuck in the arms that are more the headache. Although I did have one lodge in between the chassis and my shiny red center diff. :confused: Talk about ring around the rosy.

So I've been very busy, moving, assembling, disassembling, getting a chesty cough, trying to do my day job yada yada. But I'm about done and Mr & Mrs Horatio's pad is all setup.

Sadly, just as we got everything up and running, my mother in law has a massive haemorrhagic stroke. 😱 How she survived it, we'll never know but she has and is recovering really well in our new home.

Talk about everything happening all at once. The last month has been a blur.

The new garden has been freshly tidied and looks lovely. The new garage is slowly being readied for a workbench. In time I hope to add a pillar drill and some other tools - grinding wheel, lathe, band saw, possibly a 3D printer.

PXL_20240420_182200587.MP~2.jpg

Needless to say, I won't be conducting RC flights or ripping cars around here! 🤣

PXL_20240418_194009345.MP.jpg

The interior is on point and my wife certainly has an eye for detail.
PXL_20240418_171908564.MP.jpg

Mr Sam Bo exploring the new shed!
PXL_20240411_114846567.jpg

My office.
PXL_20240409_192051467.jpg

Entertainment system is back up and running. I do like my sounds! Fitted new lighting. Room had to be painted, carpets fitted before bringing in all the gubbins.
PXL_20240418_072706350.MP.jpg

When it's breakfast time - this is where it's at.
PXL_20240409_192713142.jpg

Living room has still got that cozy feel that we got accustomed to in our little cottage out in the sticks. Only now we get to do it without the cold and damp! 🤣

Now that the worst of the medical dramas seem to be over, I'd love to get back to making RC cars and drones go really fast! Hopefully this will coincide with some nice weather. A guy can dream, right!? 😅🤞

I'm really looking forward to getting the Kronos XTR and Sworkz T2E down the strip and seeing what they can do on 6S. 0-60mph personal bests need to be beaten.

I've still got some rehearsals and gigs to work through, but we're getting more hours of daylight and I live in hope! 😁

I'm lovin it! Very very nice, Horatio. Sorry to hear about your mum in law; I'll send up a quick one for a full recovery. 🙏

I'm sure no one will be running late at the breakfast table. 😅😉😘

Looks absolutely stunning H! Nicely done! 🤩
It's been a labour of love. A solid month of working 7 days, 14 hours a day. Yes, I took a spin to Brighton, but it was 500 miles of driving followed by 2 days of walking all over the place! 😅

When the medical emergency happened with my MIL, we weren't sure how we'd get through it - but we have. And my mother in law loves this place - she can't get over it and says that she feels safe here. 😍 If it speeds up her recovery, great. I'm confident that she will be back to fully independent before the end of the month and back driving again. 🤞

If that happens, then it will all have been worth it. Securing this place was as much about ensuring she would have a suitable place to stay when the time comes as it was for my wife and I.

Evil chest infection got me - possibly some sort of COVID related thing. It's been flooring people around here but I've somehow carried on without it being passed on to my MIL.

Spent a solid 12 hours with a nose bleed with it, but I carried out my duties with work. It seems to have improved now though. Had the occasional sideways glance when people saw my bright Scarlett tissues! 🤣

I'm lovin it! Very very nice, Horatio. Sorry to hear about your mum in law; I'll send up a quick one for a full recovery. 🙏

I'm sure no one will be running late at the breakfast table. 😅😉😘
She's beaten the odds somehow already. People must be looking out for her. I appreciate it. Thank you. I'm open minded and believe that there must be more to this existence than we currently understand. Or will likely ever understand.

Most people have facial droop, arm weakness, loss of speech - all that.

In my MIL's case, she had a major stroke Friday night, told us that she had a painful headache Saturday morning, went to the opticians Saturday afternoon but refused to go to accident & emergency after that. It was Sunday before she got dragged into hospital for a CT scan. She'd had a massive bleed, big enough to have killed her or left her vegatative. 😬

The only symptoms now are near blindness in one eye and difficulty in hearing, tasting and focusing on things.

Vision and taste seems to be returning. She's like a terminator! 😅

Last edited:
Wow brother! That's a whole lot going on, and all in such a short span!! Someone is definitely looking after you all, and I'm very glad they are!! Truly fine man you are, and I'm sure your loved ones must be too!! Best of luck to you and yours brother!!🙏🤟💪😁🍻

Well we're finally having some semblance of normality at home. My MIL is doing well. 😁

Blinds have been fitted today. New carpets are being fitted for stairs and landing - and that's the house done.

However, that just leaves my work bench situation. For logistical reasons, the one I built at my previous address was not disassembled and brought here.

So I'm looking at getting a new one.

I'm very tempted with this one:

1000019038.png

But prior to finding this Eucalyptus bench, I was fairly set on a steel bench - like this one:

1000019039.png

What do you guys think?

Well we're finally having some semblance of normality at home. My MIL is doing well. 😁

Blinds have been fitted today. New carpets are being fitted for stairs and landing - and that's the house done.

However, that just leaves my work bench situation. For logistical reasons, the one I built at my previous address was not disassembled and brought here.

View attachment 5937
But prior to finding this Eucalyptus bench, I was fairly set on a steel bench - like this one:

View attachment 5938
What do you guys think?
Glad to hear everyone is doing well! As to the workbench, mine are wooden, I'm always wishing they were steel TBH, just more resilient to cleaners, spills, ect..

View attachment 5937

View attachment 5938
What do you guys think?
I’m kind of partial to the wood but I say get whatever you’re feeling, they both look nice! 👍

I just use cheap wooden top Workpro benches from Amazon. I’m always in need of outlets and they have lots of outlets! 😄

IMG_3851.jpeg

IMG_3850.jpeg

IMG_3853.jpeg

I’m kind of partial to the wood but I say get whatever you’re feeling, they both look nice! 👍

I just use cheap wooden top Workpro benches from Amazon. I’m always in need of outlets and they have lots of outlets! 😄

View attachment 5941

View attachment 5942

View attachment 5939
Nice! I have to admit, I never once even thought about buying a workbench.. I've always just made them, usually from whatever wood I had laying around. I have gotten spoiled by having a large detached garage and often forget that most folks are working within their living space.. that looks classy!!(y):)

Nice! I have to admit, I never once even thought about buying a workbench.. I've always just made them, usually from whatever wood I had laying around. I have gotten spoiled by having a large detached garage and often forget that most folks are working within their living space.. that looks classy!!(y):)
My garage is over stuffed full kid crap so I’ve been relegated to the basement, (unless I’m painting). I believe that this room was supposed to be a wine cellar, or that was the builders vision but I’m not nearly old enough or arrogant enough to have a freakin wine cellar so I made it into my workshop.

I’m always bringing home components to test and repair so I need a space anyway so it kinda does double duty for me.

I would really love to build my own bench but I’m far too busy and way too much of a perfectionist a-hole so it would never get finished if I went that route. 😈

My garage is over stuffed full kid crap so I’ve been relegated to the basement, (unless I’m painting). I believe that this room was supposed to be a wine cellar, or that was the builders vision but I’m not nearly old enough or arrogant enough to have a freakin wine cellar so I made it into my workshop.

I’m always bringing home components to test and repair so I need a space anyway so it kinda does double duty for me.

I would really love to build my own bench but I’m far too busy and way too much of a perfectionist a-hole so it would never get finished if I went that route. 😈
I see, well you wouldn't be comfortable in my workspace, I'm a total slob, and an Ahole!!😜
TBH a basement sounds cozy compared to an ice cold garage,LOL. I used to be in the basement at our last place, was kinda nice. Now that I'm "detached" I'm free to huff, I mean spray whatever chemicals I desire, so long as they're freeze resistant. Gotta take the bad with the good I spose?😉🍻

I see, well you wouldn't be comfortable in my workspace, I'm a total slob, and an Ahole!!😜
TBH a basement sounds cozy compared to an ice cold garage,LOL. I used to be in the basement at our last place, was kinda nice. Now that I'm "detached" I'm free to huff, I mean spray whatever chemicals I desire, so long as they're freeze resistant. Gotta take the bad with the good I spose?😉🍻
🍻👍

I know the feeling. We went through 5 relocations in 8 years before my daughters came along. I’ve worked outta garage’s (both heated and unheated), sheds, bedrooms, kitchen table, etc. you work with what you have. Now for the last 8 years we’ve been in one spot and it’s become home. We are a little more “metro” than I would prefer but it’s safe, quiet, great schools, the people are friendly but they will also leave you alone if you want them to. Most of all, my daughters like it here. This is the first time that I’ve had a proper indoor space to work without causing a headache for someone else. So as much as I would prefer being another 30-45 farther away, at this point they will need to pry my cold, dead, rigor mortis latent body outta this place in the end. At that point, my kids can do with it what they please, but until then I’ll enjoy it

🍻👍

I know the feeling. We went through 5 relocations in 8 years before my daughters came along. I’ve worked outta garage’s (both heated and unheated), sheds, bedrooms, kitchen table, etc. you work with what you have. Now for the last 8 years we’ve been in one spot and it’s become home. We are a little more “metro” than I would prefer but it’s safe, quiet, great schools, the people are friendly but they will also leave you alone if you want them to. Most of all, my daughters like it here. This is the first time that I’ve had a proper indoor space to work without causing a headache for someone else. So as much as I would prefer being another 30-45 farther away, at this point they will need to pry my cold, dead, rigor mortis latent body outta this place in the end. At that point, my kids can do with it what they please, but until then I’ll enjoy it
lol, can’t huff inside but lower level rear door is only 10 steps away. 😈

🍻👍

lol, can’t huff inside but lower level rear door is only 10 steps away. 😈
We're empty nesters now, so 2 spare BR, one of which is occupied by our niece's belongings currently. She stayed with us for a while, but has only spent a few nights with us over the last year. Would be nice to have that space back, but I won't force the issue. It was our "makers" room for a brief period before she needed a place to stay. The other spare room my wife wants to keep as a spare BR.
I really enjoy living in the country where we are now after having grown up in the burbs. Though as I'm getting older I find myself getting weary of trying to keep up with things already. I know it won't get any easier than it is right now, ya know? Being rural means we're further away from family should we need assistance too.

🤣🤣 You are far from an A-hole - you're without a doubt - one of the most consistent and polite forum members I've chatted with.

Ditto for CCB. I think there's a similar way of thinking between a lot of us here, despite the pond, different nationalities etc. The Corally forum is definitely one of the more chilled sites.

I work with a well organised mess in my Garage. In the house, my OCD wife is very particular about everything, so over the years I've been fanny-whipped into line. 🤣

I'd like to just buy my bench (possibly 2 smaller benches) this time, because I need stuff ready to go straight away.

Size-wise, I had a decent sized 1600 x 900 x 900 space. It was a good height to work at. Easy for my Baja, lawnmowers/strimmers, machining, drilling, large scale aircraft etc. It was multi use. Built from a reclaimed breakfast bar with Formica top and a sturdy frame made from partition wall stud, it was good to hold 400-500kg.

20170120_193510_HDR.jpg

Space for vice on the curved end. It served me well since 2017 and perhaps I should have just taken it to bits and brought it with me. 🤔

The Workpro bench would save me a ton of money though. Right at a time when we've been splurging money left, right and centre. 💪👍🤩

It would be nice to have some money left over for boys toys! 😝

Speaking of which - £780 of stair and landing carpets is being fitted tomorrow.

Blinds were fitted today.

1000019023.jpg

1000019022.jpg

1000019021.jpg

Last edited:
Looking nice H! 👍 🤩

It’s so nice once you get down to those last few things! lol, after 8 years here we are still adding things.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been happy with the Workpro Benches. I’ve got no idea what species the top is made from but it’s held up well. It’s built a little better than I excepted and it’s not the prettiest girl at the dance but it’s easy to adjust and it saved me a ton of $$$ as well.

My only complaint would be that it’s a little narrow. Don’t get me wrong, you can get a 1/8 truck on it without issue, but that will take up the entire area in front of you. Thats kind of why I added the 2nd table. IMO, 2”- 4” deeper would be perfect! 👍

IMG_3860.jpeg

Seems like the kitty’s are liking their new digs as well! 👍

Last edited:
Back