Asuga Horatio's Sworkz S35 T2E Pro Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feedback greatly appreciated. I'll adjust my future content to suit. Provided it's humanly possible. πŸ˜…

Very nice! Simple footage, exactly what you said it was. Nice sunset shakedown, btw. (y) I was getting like a Spiderman theme song/Neveau jazz for the first track, and then something like a euro techno/trance for the 2nd. The third started off like a news commercial break but then the bridge hit and it seemed like soaring through the air kinda vibes. Nice forum plug at the end too. 😁 I like it! Simple and straight to the point.

Makes me want to strap my action cam to one of my truggies and see how the footage will look while it's running on the track. Probably induce motion sickness, seeing as to how rutty the track is. 😳

Edit: when I got to the video, it said it posted 31mins ago and there was no views. I wonder if I was the first one? I'm not logged in to my YT account though.

Great video H! That thing sure moves around pretty nicely! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thank you so much! 🫑

It's rapid and rotates extremely well. Suspension is plush. Very aggressive coming out of turns. Caught me out several times!

Very smooth drive train (once I re-attached the centre diff!!).

As I hope you can tell in the video, once the niggles were sorted, I was having a real blast with it. I literally love this car. 😎

Very nice! Simple footage, exactly what you said it was. Nice sunset shakedown, btw. (y) I was getting like a Spiderman theme song/Neveau jazz for the first track, and then something like a euro techno/trance for the 2nd. The third started off like a news commercial break but then the bridge hit and it seemed like soaring through the air kinda vibes. Nice forum plug at the end too. 😁 I like it! Simple and straight to the point.

Makes me want to strap my action cam to one of my truggies and see how the footage will look while it's running on the track. Probably induce motion sickness, seeing as to how rutty the track is. 😳

Edit: when I got to the video, it said it posted 31mins ago and there was no views. I wonder if I was the first one? I'm not logged in to my YT account though.
Please strap your action cam to your truggies! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The soaring through the air vibes makes sense, because I select tracks for FPV stuff as well. Although that tends to be more acoustic or orchestral.

I thought I'd plug the forum. Why not! πŸ˜…

Thanks so much for watching. πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Last edited:
PXL_20240222_180358172.jpg

Seeing as some screws like to come undone - even with blue thread lock, I've bought these to try:

Serrated, anti-vibration, stainless steel, M3 washers.

Please let me know how those work out, I’ve kinda been wondering the same thing. I’ve got a couple on my SSTE that just don’t stay tight.

Please let me know how those work out, I’ve kinda been wondering the same thing. I’ve got a couple on my SSTE that just don’t stay tight.
Will do. I think they're going to be good on the screws that go into metal - button heads that hold down plates etc. I can think of about 10 screws that will benefit from these on the S35 T2E Pro. 🀞

Righto - I fitted the serrated washers. They are conical and as you tighten them flat, are like little springs. Win win.

I've used them on the centre diff mount where the screws go down from the carbon plate into alloy through plastic, and also where the split part of the mount bolts down into the bottom part of the mount.

17mm serrated wheel nuts work extremely well. I have no doubt these will add an extra layer of protection on the screws I found to get loose during the shake down.

Still waiting for my Core RC offset Alloy servo horn and 8mm M3 Ball studs......πŸ™„ Gotta love the UK. 🀣

Could have taken 48 hours to get here, but one of the UK sellers took 5 days to dispatch. FFS.

Last edited:
lol, I had the post man carrying around a package for 3 extra days just because he β€œforgot” that it was in the back of his van. It wasn’t until I asked him about it that it magically appeared at my front door next day. I would love to say that this kind of jackassery doesn’t happen here, but it happens everywhere!

I really like the serrated wheel nuts, they seem to really help me anyway. Gives me a little more confidence that I won’t throw a shoe at a high rate of speed. lol, even with the serrated nuts I still feel and uneasy and unrealistic need to check them every 2 minutes. Hopefully this helps with that.

High speed mishaps are no fun at all, at least in my experience.

Righto - I fitted the serrated washers. They are comical and as you tighten them flat, are like little springs. Win win.

I've used them on the centre diff mount where the screws go down from the carbon plate into alloy through plastic, and also where the split part of the mount bolts down into the bottom part of the mount.

17mm serrated wheel nuts work extremely well. I have no doubt these will add an extra layer of protection on the screws I found to get loose during the shake down.

Still waiting for my Core RC offset Alloy servo horn and 8mm M3 Ball studs......πŸ™„ Gotta love the UK. 🀣

Could have taken 48 hours to get here, but one of the UK sellers took 5 days to dispatch. FFS.

I'm currently waiting on two shells for my ET48.3. Moved quickly until it got to San Fran, and then it sat there for nearly a week before it left. That was over 20 days ago. The package was received from the shipper on Jan 23. No updates on the package since Feb 05, so I filed a missing mail inquiry. I have a feeling it's lost or more likely someone snatched it. :confused:

lol, I had the post man carrying around a package for 3 extra days just because he β€œforgot” that it was in the back of his van. It wasn’t until I asked him about it that it magically appeared at my front door next day. I would love to say that this kind of jackassery doesn’t happen here, but it happens everywhere!

I really like the serrated wheel nuts, they seem to really help me anyway. Gives me a little more confidence that I won’t throw a shoe at a high rate of speed. lol, even with the serrated nuts I still feel and uneasy and unrealistic need to check them every 2 minutes. Hopefully this helps with that.

High speed mishaps are no fun at all, at least in my experience.

with my current situation, I'm hoping that he just wasn't "forgetting" until the seller filed the package as a loss. I've had some packages lost through USPS, but for the most part they were small. Last year was a set of steering rod ends and camber link ends. The seller just gave me a refund since the ends were the last ones he had in stock. I'm hoping that the et48 bodies come in, but if not then I guess I'll see how the claim system works with USPS.

I'm currently waiting on two shells for my ET48.3. Moved quickly until it got to San Fran, and then it sat there for nearly a week before it left. That was over 20 days ago. The package was received from the shipper on Jan 23. No updates on the package since Feb 05, so I filed a missing mail inquiry. I have a feeling it's lost or more likely someone snatched it. :confused:

with my current situation, I'm hoping that he just wasn't "forgetting" until the seller filed the package as a loss. I've had some packages lost through USPS, but for the most part they were small. Last year was a set of steering rod ends and camber link ends. The seller just gave me a refund since the ends were the last ones he had in stock. I'm hoping that the et48 bodies come in, but if not then I guess I'll see how the claim system works with USPS.
Sorry to hear that. 🫀

It's a pain when stuff goes missing in the post. Once upon a time, I was waiting for a brand new Tenth Tech Predator (1/10th 4WD Racing Buggy) to arrive.

After a week and still no sign, I queried with the shop where it might be. Was it still with the Courier? πŸ€”

Week 2 and still no sign of it, we had to conclude it was lost. The shop explained that there had been several missing parcels - all within the space of a couple of months.

Shop put in an insurance claim and sent me another - at the time, it was a Β£350 chassis in the early noughties - so an investigation began, involving the police.

Turns out the courier had a driver that was stealing parcels and selling stuff to make extra cash. One of his lines were model cars. 🀬

When I finally got my Pred, I did just 1 season with it and went back to the Schumacher Cat 3000 because it didn't like bumpy tracks. It also had gears made out of butter. My Pred was direct swapped for 2 cars - a Losi XXX and a spare Cat 3000 roller. 🀣

Aye...it's mostly an inconvenience when packages get lost. I'm blessed to say that nothing of real importance has ever been lost, though. Regarding the bodies, it seems as of last night they have been miraculously discovered and should be delivered today. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Good gravy...these were supposed to come in at the beginning of the month.

Sorry to hear about that Predator. 350 is a sizeable chunk of change today; back then even moreso. And I have a particularly special disdain for thieves. :mad:

Glad your situation worked out though. The only Schumacher I own is an Atom 2; it's quite the treat to drive, even if it's only 1S.

1000016343.jpg

Core RC alloy, offset horn finally arrived from Make It Build It. It took 8 days to arrive - noone really knows why, or particularly cares. 🀷 I've had no issues with them before. Ordered my Kronos XTR with them in 2021 and it arrived within 5 days. Which considering it was via courier, and within the UK, isn't especially fast thinking about it.

Anyway:

1000016345.jpg

Conical serrated washers used here - to mount the horn with the M3 Button head. To screw into the ball stud - with 1 under the button head - and another between the ball stud and the horn.

Thread lock used on ball stud as well.

Belt and braces.

My M3 threaded (threaded all the way through) 8mm ball studs are on their way.....but from China. Get here mid March apparently. πŸ™„

Geometry with the Alloy Core arm (distributed by Schumacher) is actually better than the specific nylon arm supplied by Sworkz. It's a perfect 90Β° Angle at neutral.

So very pleased!

Well now...that's looking rather nice! (y) I'm really thinking about doing the same thing so that I can replace the servo horn in my 48.3.

Well the 6mm balls arrived. The M3 hole isn't drilled all the way through....πŸ™„πŸ€£

However, it does afford more threads for the M3 screw, so I'm using it with blue thread lock.
PXL_20240308_163831956.jpg

Meanwhile, spot the useful Corally parts. 😜 That's about the extent of my RC activity this week. πŸ˜…

Well the 6mm balls arrived. The M3 hole isn't drilled all the way through....πŸ™„πŸ€£

However, it does afford more threads for the M3 screw, so I'm using it with blue thread lock.
View attachment 5587
Meanwhile, spot the useful Corally parts. 😜 That's about the extent of my RC activity this week. πŸ˜…
More threads is something. Thus at any rate should give you some benefit! πŸ‘

I'm having trouble finding the TC parts. 😬 Glad your balls are finally accessible. :LOL:

I finally had a chance to run on the weekend. Short runs, maybe about an hour on Saturday and 30 mins on Sunday. Good enough to shakedown the 48.3 and the Shogun's new front arms. (y)

I'm having trouble finding the TC parts. 😬 Glad your balls are finally accessible. :LOL:

I finally had a chance to run on the weekend. Short runs, maybe about an hour on Saturday and 30 mins on Sunday. Good enough to shakedown the 48.3 and the Shogun's new front arms. (y)
Balls of steel!! πŸ€£πŸ˜…

Back