Asuga Horatio's Sworkz S35 T2E Pro Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking nice H! 👍 🤩

It’s so nice once you get down to those last few things! lol, after 8 years here we are still adding things.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been happy with the Workpro Benches. I’ve got no idea what species the top is made from but it’s held up well. It’s built a little better than I excepted and it’s not the prettiest girl at the dance but it’s easy to adjust and it saved me a ton of $$$ as well.

My only complaint would be that it’s a little narrow. Don’t get me wrong, you can get a 1/8 truck on it without issue, but that will take up the entire area in front of you. Thats kind of why I added the 2nd table. IMO, 2”- 4” deeper would be perfect! 👍

Seems like the kitty’s are liking their new digs as well! 👍
I really think they look good. Then again, my benches are made from 10 year old reclaimed pool deck materials, LOL. I used 4x4 for legs, 2x6 for framing. Major overkill, LOL. Wood was free, mostly, I did have to help my FIL dismantle and cart away the deck.. I actually made mine a bit too deep, even at 6' tall, I have a hard time reaching items at the back of the tall bench. I don't recall how tall it is, but it's perfect for working on rc's while standing. One is around 8ft long, the other bench is around 10-12' long, but shorter in height. I wouldn't put either of them in the living space though,LOL. Wife would skin me!! She's the OCD neat freak, thankfully, otherwise I might have a hard time finding fresh undies in the morning!!😜🍻

Well we're finally having some semblance of normality at home. My MIL is doing well. 😁

Blinds have been fitted today. New carpets are being fitted for stairs and landing - and that's the house done.

However, that just leaves my work bench situation. For logistical reasons, the one I built at my previous address was not disassembled and brought here.

So I'm looking at getting a new one.

I'm very tempted with this one:

View attachment 5937
But prior to finding this Eucalyptus bench, I was fairly set on a steel bench - like this one:

View attachment 5938
What do you guys think?

Hmm...wood is always nice, but I like how I can hammer things (RC or otherwise - snigger) with reckless abandon on a steel table.

If there isn't much hammering going on nowadays, then wood seems to bring a certain comfort to the workshop. I dunno...it just feels more cozy with wood.

Not that I'd charge lipos on a wooden workstation, though. 😬

🤣🤣 You are far from an A-hole - you're without a doubt - one of the most consistent and polite forum members I've chatted with.

Ditto for CCB. I think there's a similar way of thinking between a lot of us here, despite the pond, different nationalities etc. The Corally forum is definitely one of the more chilled sites.

I work with a well organised mess in my Garage. In the house, my OCD wife is very particular about everything, so over the years I've been fanny-whipped into line. 🤣

I'd like to just buy my bench (possibly 2 smaller benches) this time, because I need stuff ready to go straight away.

Size-wise, I had a decent sized 1600 x 900 x 900 space. It was a good height to work at. Easy for my Baja, lawnmowers/strimmers, machining, drilling, large scale aircraft etc. It was multi use. Built from a reclaimed breakfast bar with Formica top and a sturdy frame made from partition wall stud, it was good to hold 400-500kg.

View attachment 5944
Space for vice on the curved end. It served me well since 2017 and perhaps I should have just taken it to bits and brought it with me. 🤔

The Workpro bench would save me a ton of money though. Right at a time when we've been splurging money left, right and centre. 💪👍🤩

It would be nice to have some money left over for boys toys! 😝

Speaking of which - £780 of stair and landing carpets is being fitted tomorrow.

Blinds were fitted today.

View attachment 5945
View attachment 5946
View attachment 5947

Now that's looking like a nice and proper resting place. Cat approved, so that's saying something. :LOL:(y)

What the hell is wrong with you people? Workbench?! Pah! I use the kitchen counter.
And if it gets dirty i just get the hose and be done with it!
Okay sure, my wife ain't too happy about it but hey, gotta make sacrifices, right ? 🤣

IMG_20240502_100210.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you people? Workbench?! Pah! I use the kitchen counter.
Okay sure, my wife ain't too happy about it but hey, gotta make sacrifices, right ? 🤣

View attachment 5949
1000019076.gif

Now imagine this - but with a 5ft, blue eyed, brunette, very angry celt with a war cry - that would be the consequences if I ever pulled that stunt!! 🤣

View attachment 5950
Now imagine this - but with a 5ft, blue eyed, brunette, very angry celt with a war cry - that would be the consequences if I ever pulled that stunt!! 🤣
Why does this remind me of the movie "downsizing" i watched yesterday? 🤔
But yeah, my wife is about the same size, so i'm familiar with angry smurfs 🤣

View attachment 5950
Now imagine this - but with a 5ft, blue eyed, brunette, very angry celt with a war cry - that would be the consequences if I ever pulled that

View attachment 5949

lol, If I tried this, I wouldn’t stand a chance. You wouldn’t even see her coming.

View attachment 5949
Only while she's away..😉😜🍻

Oh, and by the way, you better put the Kellogg's away!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back