Sketer Got a Sketer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Fring

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Radix
  2. Sketer
Just got my sketer... looks like a great pile of fun! Looking forward to running it soon.
20220317_174620.jpg

Sweet! Congrats! Enjoy!!👍 Sketer is a great truck, I'd say it's like the swiss army knife of rc's.

NICE!!!
Lets Get you up to 25 post and you might win a Kronos to have a pair of TC's!

Welcome to the Sketer club. Smart to get some extra front arms 😉 Got some stock myself 2
I got some extra arms, turnbuckle ends, and a few other parts I've seen broken already by others in this fine group. Also gonna try the fan (I'll see how it works.. might mount differently). Got a range of batteries to try from smc, powerhobby, cnhl, and zeee - to see which ones she favors. 👍😀

Last edited:
I installed the fan finally... didn't mess with taking the skirt off and doing it 'proper' but it's working... albeit not sure how much of a difference it'll make if any. Seems like it needs more space on the inlet side to get air flow.

I notched a tiny bit on the receiver box and had to use an extender... but here's the install. Still gonna fix up wire mgmt a bit more
20220326_124253.jpg

20220326_124249.jpg

Last edited:
When I did a test with this setup, the motor temperature was reduced by approximately 10deg.C/20deg.F …

I'll take it! Honestly I wasn't having any heat issues with shutdowns or anything without a fan but maybe it'll help if I gear up to a 14 or 15 tooth

With everything stock you won’t need a fan IMO. But I changed the wheels from the stock 130mm to 150mm (which is about the same than gearing up from 13 to 15) and the motor did get significantly hotter … maybe too much for the upcoming summer temperatures.
By the way, you won’t experience any shutdowns due to high motor temperatures because there is no sensor at the motor.

Didn’t you secure the fan at all? You can easily put in one screw to secure it without taking anything off 😉

Last edited:
With everything stock you won’t need a fan IMO. But I changed the wheels from the stock 130mm to 150mm (which is about the same than gearing up from 13 to 15) and the motor did get significantly hotter … maybe too much for the upcoming summer temperatures.
By the way, you won’t experience any shutdowns due to high motor temperatures because there is no sensor at the motor.

Didn’t you secure the fan at all? You can easily put in one screw to secure it without taking anything off 😉
Yes I installed one m3x16 screw. Seems like it'll be plenty

Btw what wheels did you end up using?

Last edited:
Back