Kronos Front wheels not straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be checking to see if you bent the steering rack/ackerman bar, it's a little difficult to see being buried in there, if it's bent it'll pull the turnbuckles in at the center thus toeing the wheels out, no guarantees that's it but worth a look
Well @AngrySection8 was right on the money, I know for sure that the steering rack is not supposed to look like this :LOL:
IMG_20230205_164756.jpg

I've been sat on a whole new steering set I managed to get off of Ebay for £23 for over a week and eventually found the time to figure out how to replace it. A couple of hours later and Bob's your uncle:
IMG_20230205_165331.jpg

A much healthier looking truck!

I took it out to the road to test my repairs and my only issue now is a weird wobble that I'm fairly sure I had the last time I took it out (which was with the bent steering rack so I don't think it's related to my replacement). The weird thing about the wobble is that if I run the car anyway and take it easy for a few minutes, it seems to disappear. I have no clue at all what that could be. It's as if the tyres are not centered or something.

You might consider adding the steering rack dual stiffener that helps prevent bent Ackerman bars. I installed one on my Radix6, and I will be adding one to my Muraco before warmer weather arrives.

https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-c...dual-stiffener-7075-t6-2mm-black-c-00180-831/

If you get it, make sure you get the fasteners required to install it. Parts are listed in the pics.
Thanks for the tip. I've just ordered one with the fasteners and will fit then when it arrives in the hope that it doesn't bend again :)

I would replace the stock servo saver spring as well - as per the diagram in one of my previous posts. If you ever run heavier, belted road tyres, the servo saver is simply waaay too soft.

Servo Saver Spring
To be honest I found the stock spring to be nearly useless and have mine tightened way up. That thread that you have linked looks interesting and I'll have a read in the future. I have a set of Jetko MT Slicks in my basket (which is what you are running is it not?) that will probably stay there for some time at the price that they are :p.
I probably need to just get more experience with the stock tyres for a while first before I start spending money on new wheels. I just don't particularly like the look of the stock tyres at all :LOL:.

Thanks for the tip. I've just ordered one with the fasteners and will fit then when it arrives in the hope that it doesn't bend again :)

To be honest I found the stock spring to be nearly useless and have mine tightened way up. That thread that you have linked looks interesting and I'll have a read in the future. I have a set of Jetko MT Slicks in my basket (which is what you are running is it not?) that will probably stay there for some time at the price that they are :p.
I probably need to just get more experience with the stock tyres for a while first before I start spending money on new wheels. I just don't particularly like the look of the stock tyres at all :LOL:.
The stock tyres are an acquired taste, looks-wise. They hook up well and are nice and light - but they really balloon and are too hilarious for any serious road use. Unless you like giving your body shell serious road rash! 🤣

The JetKo Belted Slicks are awesome. They weren't that expensive (I keep telling myself that with all my toys!) - but they are heavy.
IMG_20220509_172724.jpg

IMG_20220508_194211.jpg

But these are what you need for high-speed runs, once they've been balanced.

This was how I was running my servo saver. Far from ideal.
IMG_20220606_141625.jpg

Now it has a proper, beefier spring...

IMG_20220629_183525.jpg

Problem 100% solved. It doesn’t matter how good your servo is - if the servo saver is all floppy, the wheels do what they want to do - forget your input - the steering will be all vague. Your inputs are merely suggestions that your Kronos will mull over and get back to about. Possibly. Or it might just have an accident instead. Hilarious torque steer and consequent comedy will occur. 😝

I'd just like to add, that initially the stock servo saver spring seemed OK. But as soon as I started hurtling it around on heavier tyres, the spring seemed to lose tension and get weak. Then even when I reverted back to lighter wheels and tyres, there was still a problem with the spring unless it was clamped right down.

Batches of 12 springs could be acquired without occurring a £15 handling fee, which is how I ended Ebaying them off. What I hadn't realised was that I'd be selling them internationally and constantly at the post office for a fortnight. 🤣

Otherwise they work out at about £3.30 per spring BEFORE shipping, packaging and any fee (for less than 12).

Buying the spring 1 at a time isn't ideal - so ask around if anybody else wants them.

Last edited:
Hey all, found this thread searching for a fix for the weak steering on my Muraco. I just ordered five of the Lee Spring replacements recommended on this forum. Thanks for the tips. I may sell the extras on ebay like I saw someone else here do.
Hi! Cheers for taking the time to say. Yep, it was me selling them on ebay. You won't have any shortage of buyers - but 90% of them will be from overseas.

I hope you enjoy going to the post office! 🤣👍

The spring works perfectly though - it's an essential mod IMO.

I highly recommend that people balance their wheels as well. My road tyres required 2-8 grams per wheel.

My stock wheels needed 1-5 grams per wheel. That's a significant amount of vibration eliminated.

Hey all, found this thread searching for a fix for the weak steering on my Muraco. I just ordered five of the Lee Spring replacements recommended on this forum. Thanks for the tips. I may sell the extras on ebay like I saw someone else here do.
I'd certainly be interested in buying one if you decide to go down that path!

I just received them and installed one on my Muraco. I'll get them listed on eBay today or tomorrow. I don't want to break any forum rules so feel free to PM me if interested in buying one.
Good stuff! I'm fairly certain I posted a link to the eBay listing on the thread - because it wasn't a commercial interest and was on topic, moderators were OK with it.

They might take issue if they think you're spamming - but clearly - you're not. If you're happy to sell to international customers - don't forget to set that option in ebay. I overlooked this and my buyers couldn't transact. 👍

Good stuff! I'm fairly certain I posted a link to the eBay listing on the thread - because it wasn't a commercial interest and was on topic, moderators were OK with it.

They might take issue if they think you're spamming - but clearly - you're not. If you're happy to sell to international customers - don't forget to set that option in ebay. I overlooked this and my buyers couldn't transact. 👍
Thanks for the info!

So I took my Muraco out for a test drive with the new spring and the steering still seems a little weaker than I'd expect. @Horatio I think we are running the same tires. Jetko Super Sonic. I primarily drive on asphalt. Are you running an upgraded higher torque servo for these heavier tires?

I didn't crank the nut down on the servo saver spring like I had done with the factory part but I was expecting to have more control. I'm running the hard shock springs all around because the chassis was bottoming out even on pavement with the factory ones. Wondering if that has something to do with it, but to me it looks like the servo is struggling to even keep the wheels turned, especially at speed.

So I took my Muraco out for a test drive with the new spring and the steering still seems a little weaker than I'd expect. @Horatio I think we are running the same tires. Jetko Super Sonic. I primarily drive on asphalt. Are you running an upgraded higher torque servo for these heavier tires?

I didn't crank the nut down on the servo saver spring like I had done with the factory part but I was expecting to have more control. I'm running the hard shock springs all around because the chassis was bottoming out even on pavement with the factory ones. Wondering if that has something to do with it, but to me it looks like the servo is struggling to even keep the wheels turned, especially at speed.
Because my XTR was a roller, I selected a suitable servo from the get go. I had intended to get Protek 170 SBL servo for it, but in the end used AGF A81BHMW 45kg which has turned out to be a brilliant servo.

The JetKo Tyres are heavy and needed balancing - 1 needed 6g of weight. The other 3 needed less than 5g.

Check your car's toe out. It might have too much. I don't recommend more than 2° On these JetKo slicks.
IMG_20211216_142838.jpg

IMG_20211216_143029.jpg

I selected this servo for it's impressive speed, HV voltage handling, being waterproof and good centre holding (by all accounts). Specs were very impressive for the money, which I why I held off getting another Protek (which are absolutely first rate racing servos).

Last edited:
Ah ok. Mine is an RTR so it has the kit servo and the toe is not adjustable. I guess I'll have to look into turnbuckles and a stronger servo.
100% - because for some reason RTR basher trucks don't require steering (you steer them with the power of the mind) they insist on fitting a £15 servo and find a suitable spring to match.

You're the only person I know to change the source of the problem first (the spring), followed by the servo. This might go down in history! 😂👍

Controlling the toe will definitely help. Downside: with turnbuckles, the ball ends are more prone to snapping off if you bash hard.

I'm running about 1° toe out now. Under power, the front wheels pull in slightly giving a nice straight track.

Back