Kagama First RC in 30 Years - A Few Questions for My Incoming Kagama XP Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really stupid question, but how do you power the fans? What do they plug into? Thanks!
On the Rx, there's sockets for Batt, Ch1, Ch2, Ch3. So just plug the fans into the Batt or Ch3 sockets.
The +ve and -ve are effectively common rails, it's only the signal lines which are separate.
The Rx gets power straight from the ESC in Ch2, and this will supply 6A continuous current at either 6v or 7,4v. (7,4v makes the steering quicker and more powerful, but check the max voltage of your particular servo - stock one takes up to 8,4v).
And from that available 6A, you're running the ESC fan, the Rx, steering servo, and any motor fans that you're plugging in. A long as the total current draw is less than 6A (it should be) it'll work just fine.

Not so fast on the 4092 fitment.. the Kagama apparently has different rear tower to chassis braces than previous 6s models. The reason I stated 40(42)x82mm motor size is that the rear brace will need modifications to fit the 92mm long motor. Doable for sure, but not without some hacking.

Not so fast on the 4092 fitment.. the Kagama apparently has different rear tower to chassis braces than previous 6s models. The reason I stated 40(42)x82mm motor size is that the rear brace will need modifications to fit the 92mm long motor. Doable for sure, but not without some hacking.
Yep, 4092 is not a direct fit, you have to shave the brace, and even then on a hard enough impact you'll end up ramming the brace into the motor, that was my initial plans with mine but I opted for the 4282 instead because of these reasons, also those particular braces are the same as previous models it's the center diff/motor mount that's moved further back, more of an equal length driveshaft vehicle vs the older models that had something like a 6" rear shaft and a 2" front one

Last edited:
Also, yes, TC uses standard 25t servos, so the stock aluminum horn can be fitted to any 25t servo. My stock red horn has outlasted 2 TC and 2 DS servos thus far. As to upgrades, I agree with @The Stig , put the funds in the cookie jar and see how it goes. Hard to reccomend upgrades since we all use them differently, "different strokes".. I love the stock gripper tires, more than the Arrma BF's. The BF MT's handle higher speeds better, but I feel the Grippers have more grip on most surfaces. Plus they are quite a bit lighter weight, which translates to better/quicker handling.

Yep, 4092 is not a direct fit, you have to shave the brace, and even then on a hard enough impact you'll end up ramming the brace into the motor, that was my initial plans with mine but I opted for the 4282 instead because of these reasons, also the braves are the same as previous models it's the center diff/motor mount that's moved further back, more of an equal length driveshaft vehicle vs the older models that had something like a 6" rear shaft and a 2" front one
Ah, I see. Makes sense. I hope they fitted the correct length front shaft on the 23 and up models. My 21 XTR has an appetite for front driveshafts. My brothers XP Kronos does as well. I never figured whether it's due to the ridiculous offset of the center diff, or the front center shaft being too long. Maybe both? Either way, front center shafts wear quickly in all the second gen 6s Corally rigs from what I've seen.

Last edited:
I love this video and Jay Mitch was one of the folks to convince me to get a Kagama!

I really think that anyone who has never had or never experienced a modern electric rc would be quite satisfied with the TC rtr motor/esc combo. It really gets on very well. Both my brother and I have been in/out of rc's for 35+ years. Each of us have numerous rc's from 2 through 8s. He doesn't even run 6s in his rtr Kronos.. too fast he says, LOL. Well, I do run one of mine on 6s, the Kronos XTR, the other TC combo is in a Tekno MT to ET48 conversion. I run that on 4s. It's plenty for that lightweight rc. I have sampled 6s in it, while it was obviously more powerful, none of it was really useful to my conditions. One and done, back to 4s I went. 🙄🤗😁

Thanks for that info, KA. I've edited my previous post to account for that. (y)

Belted Sweep Crushers. 💪👍

Is it just me, but does the Kagama have a straighter centre drive line? As in less of an angle on the centre front drive shaft?
Sure does, both front and rear are a lesser angle than previous versions, kagama first pic kronos second pic

IMG_20240221_175718315.jpg

IMG_20240221_175730358.jpg

Well, you all are bad in a good way. I also ordered a Spark XB-6 (versus the Asuga XLR) to make it my road car. Any thoughts on road tires? This is going to be deadly this year.
Depends what your wants/needs are but I'd go with grp's, a little shorter than standard buggy tires but they take a beating.

Screenshot_20240222-115016.png

Depends what your wants/needs are but I'd go with grp's, a little shorter than standard buggy tires but they take a beating.

View attachment 5452
I have been eyeing the GRP tires/wheels. Very affordable, they have a nice selection for 1/8 buggy and truggy off road options too..

I'm running their Cayman tires on my EB48.3 and are very happy with them. If they have a truggy offering of the same tire, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.
Ditto - I love the belted sweep crushers and my (much heavier) Jetko MT Street tyres.

I'm keeping an eye out for a set of appropriate, super soft, 0-60mph tyres for the Sworkz T2E.

GRP do have a Super Soft compound, but I haven't seen the compound used on their Truggy tyres - not in a slick at any rate.

Once I'm done moving house, I'll get some more speed runs and videos done.

New house:

1000016697.png

🤩🎉

Ditto - I love the belted sweep crushers and my (much heavier) Jetko MT Street tyres.

I'm keeping an eye out for a set of appropriate, super soft, 0-60mph tyres for the Sworkz T2E.

GRP do have a Super Soft compound, but I haven't seen the compound used on their Truggy tyres - not in a slick at any rate.

New house:

View attachment 5586
🤩🎉
Congrats brother!! It's beautiful! 👌🍻

New house:

View attachment 5586
🤩🎉
Looks amazing! 🤩

Thanks guys! 🤩

It's consumed every spare minute for the last 4 weeks straight. We had to fight for this place, it garnered a fair bit of attention locally.

My wife loves this place. I particularly love the mahoosive garage. It's big enough for my RC aircraft and gliders to go in whole!

Contracts have exchanged - we just need a completion date from the vendor and it's a done deal.

It's less rural than our current home and has no land (other than a front and rear garden) - but it's much less work. Which should free up my weekends for much more RC - when I'm not gigging! 🤣👍🙏

I know the feeling well, we went through similar circumstances 7 years ago. Lots of stress, lots of things to get done before and after but in the end, it’s worth it all to get what you want and a big bonus if it’s where you want to be. I’m sure you will enjoy it for years to come.
😍 Love to green doors!

Back