Kronos Corally needs a 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ur right. But it cost money to have fun. Lol

I’d rather have a 1/5 scale than a 1/10. Y I only have one. 1/8 and 1/5 only for me

But I definitely love the feed back guys. Thanks

I love 1/5 scale cars. I'd happily have loads of them.

Sadly - they take up so much room!! And I won't leave mine in the garage.
Not as much room as 1/5th scale aircraft though. 🤣

IMG_20220112_143315.jpg

Lol. Planes r a different animal. Looks good

And yes. They r huge. Lol. But imagine the biggest one Losi 5ive t on that shelf.. Lmao.

Lol. Planes r a different animal. Looks good

And yes. They r huge. Lol. But imagine the biggest one Losi 5ive t on that shelf.. Lmao.
I shoe horned this into the shelf. It fits - just!

IMG_20230325_191715.jpg

😅

I guess I'm an irresponsible hobbyist, my rigs are all stored in an uncontrolled garage..😳😞😉🍻
I'm guessing your garage is bigger than mine and not full of agri stuff!! 🤣

Love your home track through the trees. Nice!

I shoe horned this into the shelf. It fits - just!

View attachment 4316
😅

I'm guessing your garage is bigger than mine and not full of agri stuff!! 🤣

Love your home track through the trees. Nice!
Thanks! It's 32x30ft pole barn basically, concrete floor. Right full of crap too!!😂😂
We have a 1990 Ford mustang convertible (5.0) 2 sport bikes and a plethora of worthless crap IDK why I keep.. I'm gonna use that, someday🤪😂😂

I love 1/5 scale cars. I'd happily have loads of them.

Sadly - they take up so much room!! And I won't leave mine in the garage.
Not as much room as 1/5th scale aircraft though. 🤣

View attachment 4315
That is lovely plane, I used to fly flying wings and fpv with wings, but haven't touched a plane in must be 5 years or so

That is lovely plane, I used to fly flying wings and fpv with wings, but haven't touched a plane in must be 5 years or so
Cheers! I'm very fond of fixed wing stuff - especially 70-80" span sort of size.

There's a flying wings competition soon, hosted by my local flying site.

Just wondering where I can hide this beauty...

IMG-20230709-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230711-WA0002.jpg

Well arrma just upped their game. Come on team corally

View attachment 4320
Not bad IMO considering what Covid and inflation have done to prices on everything..
I think I'd buy a Kraton 8s exb rtr if I were in the market.. with a bigger motor, upgraded servo and esc, it looks better to me than an XRT..🤷‍♂️

Finally has electrics it should've had from start, tho the Max6 that's in it will soon die, loads in xmaxx groups have killed same combo and there loads lighter
Meanwhile, my brother and I still rockin the stock Vilenion crap in our Xmaxx's..🤷‍♂️😉😂😂
Some people will break anything I guess🤷‍♂️

Actually, I do have a Max 6 in my Xmaxx, just had to see what all the fuss was aboot.. nothing. Same as before. I used the vxl8s in my Kraton XL.. can't say aside from 7.4v BEC there's much difference between them. Perhaps the punch is better with the Max6, but the Xmaxx still won't backflip..oh well.

Last edited:
Not bad IMO considering what Covid and inflation have done to prices on everything..
I think I'd buy a Kraton 8s exb rtr if I were in the market.. with a bigger motor, upgraded servo and esc, it looks better to me than an XRT..🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile, my brother and I still rockin the stock Vilenion crap in our Xmaxx's..🤷‍♂️😉😂😂
Some people will break anything I guess🤷‍♂️

Actually, I do have a Max 6 in my Xmaxx, just had to see what all the fuss was aboot.. nothing. Same as before. I used the vxl8s in my Kraton XL.. can't say aside from 7.4v BEC there's much difference between them. Perhaps the punch is better with the Max6, but the Xmaxx still won't backflip..oh well.
I'll be putting a max5 G2 combo in one of my traxxas, dunno which yet still gotta test xmaxx out lol

I'll be putting a max5 G2 combo in one of my traxxas, dunno which yet still gotta test xmaxx out lol
BTW, I'm not dissing on the XRT. I definitely like it. I just prefer the "open" platform that the Arrma offers. Meaning standard motor mount, servo and such.. but then, with the weight advantage of the XRT/Xmaxx, it's undeniable how much the run time as well as wear and tear is in TRX's favor..that's it, I need both!!😁😉😂🍻

BTW, I'm not dissing on the XRT. I definitely like it. I just prefer the "open" platform that the Arrma offers. Meaning standard motor mount, servo and such.. but then, with the weight advantage of the XRT/Xmaxx, it's undeniable how much the run time as well as wear and tear is in TRX's favor..that's it, I need both!!😁😉😂🍻
This is my other thing with Traxass. Yes, their cars are made from a lot of moulded plastic composite. This means that the cars should be cheaper.

The cars are lighter. They don't bend. When they fail, they snap. A replacement chassis is much cheaper on an Xmaxx made of plastic, vs a cnc machined alloy item, obviously.

However, it is still a moulded milk crate on wheels. Albeit a very expensive one! 🤣😅

The way the XRT looks and drives though....you can see the power to weight ratio in the way it handles, ditto for Xmaxx. KT points this out - for bashing, lightness is king for jumping and stunts. Impacts are exponentially less severe.

Chasing after the bullet proof, cnc machined everything results in the QE2 on wheels essentially.

Again, I'm conflicted between what works so well on a responsive, agile race rig vs something you can hoon around without the wife making you feel guilty when you inevitably brake it.

That's sort of how I ended up with an XTR.

Plus, there's more money for other toys if you're not bending chassis every other day. 💷💷💷😜

This is my other thing with Traxass. Yes, their cars are made from a lot of moulded plastic composite. This means that the cars should be cheaper.

The cars are lighter. They don't bend. When they fail, they snap. A replacement chassis is much cheaper on an Xmaxx made of plastic, vs a cnc machined alloy item, obviously.

However, it is still a moulded milk crate on wheels. Albeit a very expensive one! 🤣😅

The way the XRT looks and drives though....you can see the power to weight ratio in the way it handles, ditto for Xmaxx. KT points this out - for bashing, lightness is king for jumping and stunts. Impacts are exponentially less severe.

Chasing after the bullet proof, cnc machined everything results in the QE2 on wheels essentially.

Again, I'm conflicted between what works so well on a responsive, agile race rig vs something you can hoon around without the wife making you feel guilty when you inevitably brake it.

That's sort of how I ended up with an XTR.

Plus, there's more money for other toys if you're not bending chassis every other day. 💷💷💷😜
Amen!! It's really a tough choice!! I think it's pretty obvious that TRX has got the best engineers and designers in the biz, money can do that. Just look at Arrma's plastic 4s rigs as an example. Sure, they're okay, but not nearly as well designed or made as TRX's plastic chassis rigs..therefore nowhere near as tough.
Plastic vs aluminum is a debate for the ages I think.. you have to weigh it out for yourself as to which is right for your desired uses.
Also, I can't stand what TRX is charging for "milk crates"!!😂😂 I own several of them though, guess what? They're a blast!!😉🤷‍♂️😂🍻
I've come to the conclusion that I can't mix business with pleasure.. these rc's are for pleasure. What TRX does in business is truly not uncommon in the business world. Yes, they're shrewd, conniving and ruthless..but that's life in the business world, and, why I'm not a business man. You gotta be a shark to swim with the sharks I guess🤷‍♂️

I have an Arrma O8s and it's a heavy heavy beast and that's before I started to mod it..!! It's now a M2C'd, Max5, TpPowered heavier beast :cool:
Other than the Sketer, the O8s is the only other RC I wish I'd not bought...:(

Wish I'd bought an X-Maxx, can't believe I'd ever say that, but hey it's the truth..!!
Pretty much everytime I take the O8s out it breaks something and in my opinion it's all down to its weight...

What's funny though in the debate between Arrma and Traxxass is (let me first say I'm not a tree hugger, environmentalist etc) in the bigger picture what brand is doing the most harm, the one who solely builds plastic cars or the one who's car are half and half.??
Is any of this plastic recycled or recyclable ??

Think of the children..!!:cool::p:ROFLMAO:

Amen!! It's really a tough choice!! I think it's pretty obvious that TRX has got the best engineers and designers in the biz, money can do that. Just look at Arrma's plastic 4s rigs as an example. Sure, they're okay, but not nearly as well designed or made as TRX's plastic chassis rigs..therefore nowhere near as tough.
Plastic vs aluminum is a debate for the ages I think.. you have to weigh it out for yourself as to which is right for your desired uses.
Also, I can't stand what TRX is charging for "milk crates"!!😂😂 I own several of them though, guess what? They're a blast!!😉🤷‍♂️😂🍻
I've come to the conclusion that I can't mix business with pleasure.. these rc's are for pleasure. What TRX does in business is truly not uncommon in the business world. Yes, they're shrewd, conniving and ruthless..but that's life in the business world, and, why I'm not a business man. You gotta be a shark to swim with the sharks I guess🤷‍♂️
My first venture into touring car racing, was with a humble Schumacher Axis. I graced the B finals with it on a turn out of about 80 racers.

Within a couple of races, I knew I was going to enjoy indoor racing over the winter. I bought a Team Associated TC3. Out the box. 27t Stock, control rubber (Carpet Dragons or Take Off T27's). Suddenly I was in the A final. Finishing top 3, no problems. Zero sponsorship for the whole season. 100% privateer. Finished 3rd overall, with fairly normal cells but nicely prepared motors.

I attribute my consistent performance entirely down to the TC3. The plastic fantastic. It was lighter, stiffer, smoother, faster in a straight line and shaft drive. It was perfect for Stock. It went on to become a world record breaking car.

The moulded tub chassis was unbreakable, impossible to tweak and cheap!

Despite my ABT outlook in life, the Xmaxx proves once again that moulded chassis work really, really well. None of us should really be all that surprised - Tamiya rolled them out like that for years after the Hotshot.

My preference is for beautifully engineered carbon and alloy, but at the scales we 'work' with, plastic works very well - provided it's properly designed and moulded well.

The thing is now - modern composites are even better.

I have an Arrma O8s and it's a heavy heavy beast and that's before I started to mod it..!! It's now a M2C'd, Max5, TpPowered heavier beast :cool:
Other than the Sketer, the O8s is the only other RC I wish I'd not bought...:(

Wish I'd bought an X-Maxx, can't believe I'd ever say that, but hey it's the truth..!!
Pretty much everytime I take the O8s out it breaks something and in my opinion it's all down to its weight...

What's funny though in the debate between Arrma and Traxxass is (let me first say I'm not a tree hugger, environmentalist etc) in the bigger picture what brand is doing the most harm, the one who solely builds plastic cars or the one who's car are half and half.??
Is any of this plastic recycled or recyclable ??

Think of the children..!!:cool::p:ROFLMAO:
I doubt it makes any difference if you happen to live in California. Everything gives you cancer.

Let's face it. RC is bad for you! 😝

Remember - keep away from children. (Because they're really bad for your mental health! 🤣)

Back