Kronos Corally needs a 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it makes any difference if you happen to live in California. Everything gives you cancer.

Let's face it. RC is bad for you! 😝

Remember - keep away from children. (Because they're really bad for your mental health! 🤣)
Heck yeah! Prop65! FTW!!😂😂

My first venture into touring car racing, was with a humble Schumacher Axis. I graced the B finals with it on a turn out of about 80 racers.

Within a couple of races, I knew I was going to enjoy indoor racing over the winter. I bought a Team Associated TC3. Out the box. 27t Stock, control rubber (Carpet Dragons or Take Off T27's). Suddenly I was in the A final. Finishing top 3, no problems. Zero sponsorship for the whole season. 100% privateer. Finished 3rd overall, with fairly normal cells but nicely prepared motors.

I attribute my consistent performance entirely down to the TC3. The plastic fantastic. It was lighter, stiffer, smoother, faster in a straight line and shaft drive. It was perfect for Stock. It went on to become a world record breaking car.

The moulded tub chassis was unbreakable, impossible to tweak and cheap!

Despite my ABT outlook in life, the Xmaxx proves once again that moulded chassis work really, really well. None of us should really be all that surprised - Tamiya rolled them out like that for years after the Hotshot.

My preference is for beautifully engineered carbon and alloy, but at the scales we 'work' with, plastic works very well - provided it's properly designed and moulded well.

The thing is now - modern composites are even better.
Great story! I do remember the TC3. Never experienced it. I've never been interested in road or touring cars, or even organized racing for that matter. I'd have to travel for that stuff. Old dog nowadays..😂😂

I have an Arrma O8s and it's a heavy heavy beast and that's before I started to mod it..!! It's now a M2C'd, Max5, TpPowered heavier beast :cool:
Other than the Sketer, the O8s is the only other RC I wish I'd not bought...:(

Wish I'd bought an X-Maxx, can't believe I'd ever say that, but hey it's the truth..!!
Pretty much everytime I take the O8s out it breaks something and in my opinion it's all down to its weight...

What's funny though in the debate between Arrma and Traxxass is (let me first say I'm not a tree hugger, environmentalist etc) in the bigger picture what brand is doing the most harm, the one who solely builds plastic cars or the one who's car are half and half.??
Is any of this plastic recycled or recyclable ??

Think of the children..!!:cool::p:ROFLMAO:
Idk about all the recycling bs.. which it is BTW. Anyone who knows anything about plastics knows nothing worthwhile can be made from recycled plastics.. maybe some park benches. Problem is too many types of plastic, and they don't mix..plus contamination..most ends up landfilled unfortunately.
Reduce, reuse, recycle.. recycle is last in the statement for a reason.. just sayin.
With regards to the TRX 8s rigs, a wise fella (@Megasty) over at AF once told me, keep it as light as possible.. the key to longevity with the TRX's.. I know many will say they dropped this or that huge can and esc in and it's awesome. I believe that's just the entrance to the "upgrade rabbit hole".. it's deep, and expensive. My Xmaxx is basically stock, going on 2 years old with nothing more than bearings and tires needing replacement. Slow? Maybe, maybe, but it's fun and reliable. My .02✌

Last edited:
To be honest one of main reasons I love my XRT so much (and what drove me to get a Xmaxx) is just how I can bash it without a worry, I'm sure it'll break eventually but when it does I know parts are cheap and more importantly easy to get here compared to Arrma recently

.....so that's 2 problems then, really. The other one being that it's a Traxass... 😝
I know your mostly kidding but I seriously don't get hate traxxas gets, only real justifiable complaints are the price, kinda meh electrics (then again arrmas aren't much better) and over priced hop ups, I mean seriously it's like £100+ to convert a Maxx V2 to metal CVD

I know your mostly kidding but I seriously don't get hate traxxas gets, only real justifiable complaints are the price, kinda meh electrics (then again arrmas aren't much better) and over priced hop ups, I mean seriously it's like £100+ to convert a Maxx V2 to metal CVD
Plus the lawsuits, which damage all the other stuff you like in the hobby. That's harder to overcome for me personally. 👍

Edit to add:

I have a number of friends that run TRX. Zero problem with the users, only the actions of Traxass over the past 2 decades. ✌️

Last edited:
Plus the lawsuits, which damage all the other stuff you like in the hobby. That's harder to overcome for me personally. 👍
That's my issue with them too, and to be honest the only reason I have not actually parted with any cash in their direction..!! :ROFLMAO:

Back