Corally Carbon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
I'll just leave this here.. :cool:

XTR'BB style..!!

IMG_3213.jpeg
IMG_3216.jpeg

Very nice!

Did you use vacume bag tubes, or something else when you made those?

Well, is it?

If you actually are making your own carbon fiber tubes I'd like to discuss it.

I've got some red and black cloth that I could spare but making tubes seems kinda tricky. I don't have a vacume set up but I know there are other ways of doing it.

The surface finish on your tube looks much nicer than the wrap method, so I'm interested in how you did it.

Wait, I think I've got it; you ordered the tube and cut it to length?

If so then that's cool.

Naw, carbon fiber isn't really all that bad. Just follow the instructions 😆

Ok, tubes do seem to be more of a challenge but it's not beyond the average guy. Getting a nice surface finish does take some work though, that's why I was interested.

Hopefully my cowl induction comes out nice. I really need to close up the hole I cut in the hood of my car...

Most of the LHS's near me sell the tubes because airplane guys use them a lot for support spars on LE's of wings

See, first I fabricated this intake. Yeah, I used a mig welder but I wasn't going to buy a tig set-up since I wouldn't get much use out of it. She ain't pretty but it works very well.
20220306_173905.jpg

Then I cut a hole in a perfectly good hood because that's what you do.
20220306_173920.jpg

When it warms up a bit I'll make my cowl induction cover out of black and red carbon fiber.

I hope you see why I was interested in chatting with someone else who works with this stuff.

NICE MAN!!!!
Wielding always something I wanted to learn to do just haven't done it yet, maybe on my next classic truck.

Take classes at your local community college. You'll go through enough consumables that the tuition price seems inexpensive indeed!

Yea I probably will, I want to be able to replace metal cancer when / as it happens on my stuff and also make stuff like furniture, signs, trailers a rocket.....

Rockets are cool.

Once you have a welder in the garage you'll start making all sorts of stuff.

My next project is a tire changing stand for dirtbike tires. 20 bucks worth of materials versus 75 for a cheap chinese model is a no brainer to me.

Heck yea save a lot of money on that!!!!
I Use to ride a Pumpkin 405sx.....till I broke both arms :ROFLMAO:

Back