Muraco Common issues/problems and plus sides with the TC 1/8 Truggies (Muraco, Shogun, Kronos)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to the forum and have never uploaded photos before so if I've done anything inappropriate by posting so many and in full can you guys please let me know and also let me know how I should do it.. No offence taken and will be glad to be educated on the way it should be done. 🙏😊

Thanks so much mate. ( so sorry I can't recall your name 🙈)
No worries brother. I really like your TA, it’s awesome. Many of the local guys are running TA buggies and truggies at my local track, with very good success I may say.

I’m an old, old school rc guy that just got back into it a little over a year ago. (My youngest daughter got hooked on them at a bday party). Since then I’ve jumped back into rc. Mostly just for fun, but my nephew also wanted to try local club racing so I’ve just slightly dipped a toe into that scene. Thats more for him, than for me, but he’s my nephew so it’s worth the hassle. He and I both built et48.2’s for the track so it should be fun. I recently picked up a new Mugen for a great price as well. I was not planning on it, I really want a HB or Sworkz but the price was too good to ignor so now I’ve got some options.

Lol, hopefully I’ll get them set up enough to be at least remotely competitive. Even my old a— is dead last, I’ll still have fun. 😃

Cheers,
Christian

No worries brother. I really like your TA, it’s awesome. Many of the local guys are running TA buggies and truggies at my local track, with very good success I may say.

I’m an old, old school rc guy that just got back into it a little over a year ago. (My youngest daughter got hooked on them at a bday party). Since then I’ve jumped back into rc. Mostly just for fun, but my nephew also wanted to try local club racing so I’ve just slightly dipped a toe into that scene. Thats more for him, than for me, but he’s my nephew so it’s worth the hassle. He and I both built et48.2’s for the track so it should be fun. I recently picked up a new Mugen for a great price as well. I was not planning on it, I really want a HB or Sworkz but the price was too good to ignor so now I’ve got some options.

Lol, hopefully I’ll get them set up enough to be at least remotely competitive. Even my old a— is dead last, I’ll still have fun. 😃

Cheers,
Christian
Hi Christian,
Appreciate the kind words mate.. 🙏It was your posts about your daughters and you getting back into the hobby and getting the KAGAMA that started me participating on here as your situation resonated with me. Good on you for supporting your nephew he'll remember these fun days at the track forever. I had an uncle that influenced me too with cars and rc stuff and I used to LOVE hanging with him when I was little.. Like you said mate it's not about winning it's just the fun of participating and spending time with your nephew and the other guys at the track.. I hope you have an absolute BLAST! Please keep me posted on your race /track stuff!
Can't go wrong with the Mugen.. Was it a truggy or buggy? Do I remember you saying you have to build it still? Do much fun building a kit I really enjoyed building mine..
I've had my eye on the Losi 8ight elite truggy but I don't want the minister for war and finance divorcing me 😁 especially after just getting the KAGAMA! I'm thinking that'll be my next purchase..
Nice talking with you as always
Cheers
Mark

It’s the truggy, MBX8TR Eco. He also had a TA RC8T4e for sale but seeing all the local guys like TA so much, that sold for significantly more than the $400 i paid for the Mugen so I was okay with that. Aside from that, I have always wanted a Mugen, just never figured that I would get one, now I have one. 😁

Hi Mate,

Thanks very much! Yeah no worries at all.. It's half 1 Monday arvo here in Sydney so soon as I get home from work I'll grab some pics and upload them. I've never used it yet even though I've had it for a good few years. Was going to join the off road track about an hour from home but working 6 days a week all year it's hard to find the time..
I think I might've been reading that members post about picking up a Mugen.. I did hear all the accusations of copying that TA copped after bringing out their new buggies.. TA must've thought can't beat em let's join em! 😋

Cheers,

Mark

Totally agree with that! It's a great hobby and when you're out bashing on the weekend nothing else enters my mind and I find I'm smiling and laughing for pretty much the entire time...
I love how you've got your girls into the hobby.. I've got a daughter and she's 17 in April and I got her the SKETER so that we had something to do together and she'll come driving most times I go and we have a blast!
😊👍

Hi Paul,

Far out mate I cracked up with that IED comment! 😂😂🤣Hilarious! Sheesh you had some packs! I do not miss those days one bit!

You're right mate next service I'll check to see if the Muraco diffs fit the Kraton and vice versa.. That will be very interesting to see what happens there..

Thanks for the kind words... I love watching the 8th scale off road racing and notice Tekno is really big in the states.. They don't seem to have a big presence here in Australia, no idea why, but I have to say all the comments I read by people who are or have owned a TEKNO seem to be super positive.. Ryan Maifield is incredible on track with his... Here in Australia it's mainly TA, Losi, Mugen and some Sworkz.. At the track I'm thinking of joining quite a few guys run AGAMA 's..

You don't have a YouTube channel do you where I could follow you?

Unfortunately, no YouTube. I've been mulling the idea, but I'm more worried my ugly mug will scare away subscribers. :ROFLMAO: And yeah, I don't miss those days either. I mean, it was nice to not have to worry about blowing my eyebrows off with a lipo, but I suppose the risks are worth it. I'm not sure why Tekno isn't more popular back there; maybe due to accessibility? I've heard of the Agamas; I'm curious as to how they run. Sworkz? Beautiful piece of machinery.

Beautiful RC8B, BTW. Very snazzy. (y)

Unfortunately, no YouTube. I've been mulling the idea, but I'm more worried my ugly mug will scare away subscribers. :ROFLMAO: And yeah, I don't miss those days either. I mean, it was nice to not have to worry about blowing my eyebrows off with a lipo, but I suppose the risks are worth it. I'm not sure why Tekno isn't more popular back there; maybe due to accessibility? I've heard of the Agamas; I'm curious as to how they run. Sworkz? Beautiful piece of machinery.

Beautiful RC8B, BTW. Very snazzy. (y)
Agama’s are interesting. I just wonder how much movement you will lose due to the design. The only one I’ve seen run was a buggy and he was competitive.

Hi mate Here's some pics of my associated.. I bought a high quality air brush and compressor and really loved painting the body. First one I've ever done and I learnt plenty of lessons.. If they weren't expensive I'd love to practice on them..

View attachment 5678

View attachment 5679

View attachment 5680

View attachment 5681

View attachment 5682

View attachment 5683

View attachment 5684

View attachment 5685
That's one sweet looking rig. Great job with the paint, too. 😎💪

Team Associated make quality kits, that's for sure.

Anybody here watch the DNC? I couldn't believe Elliot Boots' away game performance on the 25th anniversary! What a track, too!

Back