Asuga Asuga on-road tyres/wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owenrc

Reaction score
Any of you guys have any suggestions as to tarmac tyres/wheels for the Asuga? I know Corally do a Sprint tyre as an option but it's always out of stock. Would love to get a set of road rubber on it and see how it gets on!

Any of you guys have any suggestions as to tarmac tyres/wheels for the Asuga? I know Corally do a Sprint tyre as an option but it's always out of stock. Would love to get a set of road rubber on it and see how it gets on!
Nope, but if you figure one out I'd love to hear it, I rip mine up the street more than anything and the knobbies aren't enjoying it

MT-RAKETE
L-T3328-Serie
MFT-MAXX
Sechskant 17 mm

big

MODELL NR.SERIESKALAVERBINDUNGWulstverschlussfelge /FarbeFIF FÜREINFÜGUNGKLEBER

L-T3328SB​

MT-ROCKET1/10WEICH1/2" OFFSET HEX 17mm SCHWARZTRAXXAS MAXX

L-T3328SBC​

1/2" OFFSET HEX 17mm SCHWARZCHROM

1689179444514.png

1689179422944.png

I haven’t tried these but I do run this brand and tread pattern on my rally car in short course size and they do work well on tarmac.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-1-8-eagle-tread-mounted-on-8-spoke-black-2--405165

Only thing is they may be too small for the Asuga, could potentially run on the steering hubs?

Aside from Corally’s on road tyres, I don’t think there is anything else out there without running truck size tyres, which could be too big and heavy and ruin the fine handling of the Asuga.

Funnily enough, I've just bought a set of these eagle tyres and wheels and they work really well on the Asuga on tarmac... right up until I gave it full throttle on a couple of runs and one of the fronts tore itself to bits. But I'd definitely recommend them otherwise!

Corally are not as wide and the diameter is a bit smaller. They are lighter for sure then belted tires.

Destroy your car? 🤣
Because I'm so brave - I've decided to go with Sweep Crusher Belted Slicks instead. 🤣

These are 274grams per tyre (allegedly), which if true makes them 167grams lighter per wheel than my Jetko tyres. This is a saving of 668grams of rotating mass, which has got to help with 0-60 times and top speed. 🤞

View attachment 4827

Sweep Belted 3.8 1/2" Offset Wheels

These are the ones. 274grams for belted is pretty good. I'm not interested on treads for these.

I had looked at these as well:

View attachment 4828
As they're 30grams heavier, I stuck with the Slicks. I'm just wanting to smash that 0-60 time to be honest.
Nice. My Dutch website they are 308 grams each for the slicks. That is a huge differents with your website. Hope yours is right.

https://www.toprc.nl/sweep-racing-vht-crusher-whd-belted-wielen-chrome.html

Back