Apparently the neighbors were out and about this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's quite rare to come across a coyote in daylight around me. I have caught them in my yard on a game cam, after dark. My daughter once saw one run acrossed the driveway at dusk when she was leaving the house. The part that I find unnerving with Coyotes is that they're pack animals, so when we see one, there's a high probability there are more in the immediate vicinity..so even at 40-50 pounds, multiples are a threat indeed. I don't venture out into the woods much these days, too lazy I guess.
With regards to FA deaths, between the media sensationalism and lack of teeth in the punishments, no suprise things are the way they are.. life for a life I say. The idea that we burden ourselves by life imprisonment baffles me beyond words..

I agree; there's almost always a pack involved with them, so that usually spells trouble for whatever they tangle with. As for the punishments for FA related issues, it's a quagmire preceded by a slippery slope. It's hard to make an advance to either side of the spectrum.

Here it’s referred to as a Barred Owl or Northern Barred Owl.

They are pretty cool, that one was about average sized. We have at least 3 or 4 that live close enough to hear them nightly but they don’t usually just chill this close to the house. Kinda cool, he sits there a few times a day. Funny, it goes dead silent when he shows up. 🤫

Here’s what they sound like, but they are way louder!

Back