Apparently the neighbors were out and about this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCB-MN

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kagama
  2. Kronos XTR
IMG_2762.jpeg

The neighbors were out and about this morning!

Counted 9 in total, a few were missing!

Probably just looking for a quick snack! šŸ˜‹

Last edited:
Better keep kitty inside, LOL. Are they wolves or coyotes? Coyotes are a real nuisance in my area, no wolves though.

Believe it not they are Coyoteā€™s. However, they may be the biggest coyotes that I have ever seen. Iā€™ve got 2 #90+ dogs and I would not want them tangling with that pack. They looked to be well fed and 60-70+ lbs each to me. We see them often, they usually cruise through our land back behind the house. Thereā€™s a trout stream that runs all year round about 400 yards behind them. Plenty of food, water and no predators, they are thriving. The deer are so thick the city police swat team has been ordered to close off some protected areas and practice some population control. We do have a local wolf pack as well but they have not been this far south in 2-3 years to my knowledge. Much more likely to see a black bear or mountain lion. šŸ¦ šŸ˜

Believe it not they are Coyoteā€™s. However, they may be the biggest coyotes that I have ever seen. Iā€™ve got 2 #90+ dogs and I would not want them tangling with that pack. They looked to be well fed and 60-70+ lbs each to me. We see them often, they usually cruise through our land back behind the house. Thereā€™s a trout stream that runs all year round about 400 yards behind them. Plenty of food, water and no predators, they are thriving. The deer are so thick the city police swat team has been ordered to close off some protected areas and practice some population control. We do have a local wolf pack as well but they have not been this far south in 2-3 years to my knowledge. Much more likely to see a black bear or mountain lion. šŸ¦ šŸ˜
Oh my, yes, big coyotes!! I'd rather take my chances with coyotes or black bears than wolves and especially the mountain lions. Lions are soo sneaky. šŸ˜¬

The wolves and black bears are not too bad if you are paying attention, but yeah the damn lions are sneaky. If Iā€™m out alone in the woods, lions and Moose are the ones Iā€™m watching for. Moose will kill ya.

Crikey Moses! šŸ™ The worst we have deal with here in the UK are ..... Badgers. They're like small bears. šŸ˜… Super cute and very shy generally. Blamed (unfairly IMO) for giving herds of Cattle TB and often culled in large numbers. šŸ˜Ÿ

I have to say, the Cyotes here look graceful. Just doing their thing. Being cool - nothing to see here - please don't murder us!

Walking around in the wilderness though with Lions?!!! No thanks. Not unless I'm permitted to carry an appropriate firearm.

Bears I've met before whilst at Lake Tahoe. Scary, but stay calm and keep your distance. Avoid cubs etc.

Then if course if a stealthy animal attacks you, there's precious little (if any) time to draw. šŸ˜¬

Ahhh, who doesnā€™t like a good badger!šŸ¦”.

For the most part the animals in my area generally just keep their distance but every now and then they surprise you. We donā€™t have grizzly bears in MN, and black breads usually are more afraid of you. Moose and mountain lions are really the dangers and honestly they are pretty scarce. Iā€™m almost 50 and Iā€™ve only ever seen 1 mountain lion and 6 or 7 moose, and Iā€™m outdoors a lot. That being said, they are both surprisingly silent, fast as hell and sneaky. If Iā€™m really going out for the day on a long hike or weā€™re going hunting or camping, then I always carry a 45 on my hip. You never know, but itā€™s better to be prepared.

It still blows my mind when I see tourists walk up to bears, buffalo or moose and try take a selfie. What do you really think is going to happen? Every year dawrwinism strikes a few times at the US national parks. Population control I guess? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

For the most part the animals in my area generally just keep their distance but every now and then they surprise you. We donā€™t have grizzly bears in MN, and black breads usually are more afraid of you. Moose and mountain lions are really the dangers and honestly they are pretty scarce. Iā€™m almost 50 and Iā€™ve only ever seen 1 mountain lion and 6 or 7 moose, and Iā€™m outdoors a lot. That being said, they are both surprisingly silent, fast as hell and sneaky. If Iā€™m really going out for the day on a long hike or weā€™re going hunting or camping, then I always carry a 45 on my hip. You never know, but itā€™s better to be prepared.

It still blows my mind when I see tourists walk up to bears, buffalo or moose and try take a selfie. What do you really think is going to happen? Every year dawrwinism strikes a few times at the US national parks. Population control I guess? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Taking selfies with massive wild animals? 2 words: Natural, Selection. šŸ¤£

45 = stopping power. šŸ‘ Is it a Glock?

In the UK, gun laws are very, very strict. I was blessed during my teens and early adulthood working at a MOD base, so the Armoury Sergeant used to organise range days for anyone within the camp for training. This included pistol days, which in the UK after the Dunblane shootings simply wasn't a thing anyone ever got to do.

No shooting range there any more though - all rationalised. šŸ™„ It's a shame - I really enjoyed marksmanship and competitive aperture sight shooting, too.

Automatic pistol shooting was another thing I remember - Russian fully automatic pistol that he brought out for 'fun'. I doubt it would ever be permitted in this day and age on any MOD site.

In the UK, gun laws are very, very strict. I was blessed during my teens and early adulthood working at a MOD base, so the Armoury Sergeant used to organise range days for anyone within the camp for training. This included pistol days, which in the UK after the Dunblane shootings simply wasn't a thing anyone ever got to do.

No shooting range there any more though - all rationalised. šŸ™„ It's a shame - I really enjoyed marksmanship and competitive aperture sight shooting, too.

Automatic pistol shooting was another thing I remember - Russian fully automatic pistol that he brought out for 'fun'. I doubt it would ever be permitted in this day and age on any MOD site.
Nice! Even here, anything fully auto is pretty regulated.

Until 3 years ago I always carried a Glock 37. Itā€™s not the prettiest girl at the dance but it sure will get ya through the night. Iā€™ve never had it jam with first run loads, not once. Plus, it wonā€™t rust, you can pound tent stakes with it and they are pretty reasonably priced in the US, (usually $400 on sale). Iā€™ve got much nicer firearms but it seems a shame to drag a nice Kimber or Sig out in the elements when the good ole Glock will get her done.

For the last few years Iā€™ve been carrying a G23, the .40 cal compact grip. I actually prefer this as I get older. Slightly smaller frame. Almost the same size round but moving a lot faster and the magazines hold 15 rounds. Kind of a win/win.

Iā€™ve heard that the gun laws are pretty tough over there. I get it, but Iā€™m kind of the guy that says, people kill people, guns are just tools. Growing up in Minnesota, outdoors, hiking, camping, hunting etc was all just part of growing up. Itā€™s a same that you canā€™t shoot any longer, I would miss that I think.

Everyone talks about how bad ā€œgunsā€ are in the US, but honestly it gets blown out of proportion. There are about 5 major cities that need some real help, aside from that, you will never see a gun unless youā€™re looking for one.

Next time Iā€™m at the range Iā€™ll blow through a magazine for ya! šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„

All the wild animals are beautiful, too bad we keep taking their habitats away.. is what it is. But anyone with livestock knows they have to be protected. Whether it's buildings, fencing, or firearms..a Moose in rut? Forget about it!! Stay far away, there's no rationality there, LOL. While the only firearm I've ever kept is a 12gauge Winchester pump, I think every law abiding citizen should have the right to bear arms. Period. I know we can't get into the debate, but that's my opinion.

View attachment 5432

The neighbors were out and about this morning!

Counted 9 in total, a few were missing!

Probably just looking for a quick snack! šŸ˜‹

Wow. I don't think I've seen one, but I've heard many stories. Not gonna lie, if I were living back there and had small children, every coyote that wandered into my property would not be wandering back out. If I could legally do it, of course. No hate or disregard for life; it's just that my children's wellbeing would be the most important, is all. Now if I were by myself? Feel free to live and let live. Unless of course I get attacked. Then it'd be a different story.

I can appreciate their beauty and their role in the eco, but welfare of my own would take precedence. Probably a polarizing view, so apologies in advance for any ruffled feathers. āœŒļøšŸ˜¬

Those sound like big specimens. Wow.

Yeeeaaah...I'm glad I don't have to worry about lions when I'm out jungle shopping. Just have to worry about the occasional alpha boar every now and again. The big boys (by our standards); the ones that have pretty much kicked all the rear end there is to kick, and just kinda lumber around without feeling a threat from just about anything.

Moose seem so chill, but I've also seen the videos where they can be cranky hoofers. My general rule of thumb is that almost anything can be a threat, but once it's your size, it cements itself as a credible one. Anything bigger and heavier than you, treat with extreme caution and maintain sufficient running distance to cover.

Or at the very least have a partner that is slower than you. šŸ˜†

Yeeeaaah...I'm glad I don't have to worry about lions when I'm out jungle shopping. Just have to worry about the occasional alpha boar every now and again. The big boys (by our standards); the ones that have pretty much kicked all the rear end there is to kick, and just kinda lumber around without feeling a threat from just about anything.

Moose seem so chill, but I've also seen the videos where they can be cranky hoofers. My general rule of thumb is that almost anything can be a threat, but once it's your size, it cements itself as a credible one. Anything bigger and heavier than you, treat with extreme caution and maintain sufficient running distance to cover.

Or at the very least have a partner that is slower than you. šŸ˜†
My wife is a short arse and much, much tastier than me! šŸ˜ Basically - bait.

Yanno, Horatio...I do enjoy some range time as well, and I don't mind the smell of blue-ish vapor after a nice report. What I also enjoy is plinking with air rifles. Just a lazy afternoon, putting pellets downrange. There's something that can be quite relaxing about zoning out and not really having anything going through your mind. Life has gotten quite busy lately, so I haven't had the time to plink a little. Sure would be nice to get that going again.

It is possible, there were reports on the local news last fall that a pack of coyote hybrids had moved into the northwest metro so itā€™s possible. We are in the sw metro but youā€™re only talking 10-15 miles, nothing for coyotes.

I see a lot of coyotes, they are pretty thick here but not usually that big. Itā€™s tough to tell a true size comparison but the big downed tree in the video is a huge tree. The base diameter of the tree was over 30ā€, I know, I had to cut it all up. Based upon having very large dogs (mastiffā€™s, Presaā€™s and Akitaā€™s) throughout most of my life I honestly think that they were 70lbs plus. Our German Shorthair Pointer, Leo is a massive GSP, heā€™s 85lbs and I think they were as big as he is.

Trust me, kiddos never go out back alone. Most of the time the coyotes are looking for a cat or a little dog that wandered too far away, but why take chances. One adult and 2 dogs when they go out back.

Nice! Even here, anything fully auto is pretty regulated.

Until 3 years ago I always carried a Glock 37. Itā€™s not the prettiest girl at the dance but it sure will get ya through the night. Iā€™ve never had it jam with first run loads, not once. Plus, it wonā€™t rust, you can pound tent stakes with it and they are pretty reasonably priced in the US, (usually $400 on sale). Iā€™ve got much nicer firearms but it seems a shame to drag a nice Kimber or Sig out in the elements when the good ole Glock will get her done.

For the last few years Iā€™ve been carrying a G23, the .40 cal compact grip. I actually prefer this as I get older. Slightly smaller frame. Almost the same size round but moving a lot faster and the magazines hold 15 rounds. Kind of a win/win.

Iā€™ve heard that the gun laws are pretty tough over there. I get it, but Iā€™m kind of the guy that says, people kill people, guns are just tools. Growing up in Minnesota, outdoors, hiking, camping, hunting etc was all just part of growing up. Itā€™s a same that you canā€™t shoot any longer, I would miss that I think.

Everyone talks about how bad ā€œgunsā€ are in the US, but honestly it gets blown out of proportion. There are about 5 major cities that need some real help, aside from that, you will never see a gun unless youā€™re looking for one.

Next time Iā€™m at the range Iā€™ll blow through a magazine for ya! šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ’„

I'm inclined to agree. They are tools. However, I will acknowledge that it is getting kinda bad nowadays. The year has just begun, and we already have two firearm deaths. Both were the result of robberies. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

All the wild animals are beautiful, too bad we keep taking their habitats away.. is what it is. But anyone with livestock knows they have to be protected. Whether it's buildings, fencing, or firearms..a Moose in rut? Forget about it!! Stay far away, there's no rationality there, LOL. While the only firearm I've ever kept is a 12gauge Winchester pump, I think every law abiding citizen should have the right to bear arms. Period. I know we can't get into the debate, but that's my opinion.

I'm also inclined to agree. If I were to go walking around the woods back there, it'd be a .357 lead head minimum, .45 preferred. That would be secondary though. My primary would be a 12 gauge loaded with slugs alternated with 00 buckshot. And that would be hanging off a carabiner on my chest.

Agreed. I canā€™t figure out how these idiots are getting them to begin with. At least in MN, the background checks are legit, and thatā€™s just long guns. MN handguns are tougher yet but attainable if you have the training and can pass certification. Fully auto, you need a freaking FFL and thatā€™s almost bulletproof background and family history nowadays. Somehow itā€™s always the people that are ā€œa little offā€ that cause that issues. Whoever purchased the gun for them should be accountable as well.

That looks, sounds and smells like trouble. Like a Liger. Thankfully you're not going to come across a Liger in the wild. And no, not the magical beast kind. :LOL:

My wife is a short arse and much, much tastier than me! šŸ˜ Basically - bait.

Lol. Ok, if it's the wifey then I'd be obligated to stand ensure her safety as well. :LOL:

It is possible, there were reports on the local news last fall that a pack of coyote hybrids had moved into the northwest metro so itā€™s possible. We are in the sw metro but youā€™re only talking 10-15 miles, nothing for coyotes.

I see a lot of coyotes, they are pretty thick here but not usually that big. Itā€™s tough to tell a true size comparison but the big downed tree in the video is a huge tree. The base diameter of the tree was over 30ā€, I know, I had to cut it all up. Based upon having very large dogs (mastiffā€™s, Presaā€™s and Akitaā€™s) throughout most of my life I honestly think that they were 70lbs plus. Our German Shorthair Pointer, Leo is a massive GSP, heā€™s 85lbs and I think they were as big as he is.

Trust me, kiddos never go out back alone. Most of the time the coyotes are looking for a cat or a little dog that wandered too far away, but why take chances. One adult and 2 dogs when they go out back.

Yeah, I was gonna say. If those yotes are in the 70lb range, they're big enough to easily do some damage. I wouldn't take chances on one. If it's a pup, then I'd probably give it ample space and just make sure it wasn't following. Maybe give it a good scare so that it hopefully sees me as a threat and keeps its distance. I'd be willing to do the same.

Good call with the kiddos. Although sadly in this day and age it isn't just the 4-legged scavengers that we have to worry about. Doesn't matter where we're at; my 5 year old is always in the dragon's gaze.

Agreed. I canā€™t figure out how these idiots are getting them to begin with. At least in MN, the background checks are legit, and thatā€™s just long guns. MN handguns are tougher yet but attainable if you have the training and can pass certification. Fully auto, you need a freaking FFL and thatā€™s almost bulletproof background and family history nowadays. Somehow itā€™s always the people that are ā€œa little offā€ that cause that issues. Whoever purchased the gun for them should be accountable as well.

Just recently we had a FA death here. Some idiot botched a robbery and ended up shooting a tourist in the stomach. The tourist later succumbed to his injury, and the perp decided to take a permanent nap when LE surrounded his car. Turns out the FA was stolen in the late 80s.

I agree that whoever purchased the gun for them should be liable. They should be given the same sentence as the perp, in my opinion. That should cut down those types of purchases.

Last edited:
Back