Anoyone else MTB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwrhungry

Reaction score
I see a lot of the videos are at bike parks and wondering if anyone else rides?
This is my ride

4138D367-3699-4427-B83C-51C931AFA795.jpeg

I actually almost picked up an old school Mongoose at goodwill. I Shoulda took a pic

I see a lot of the videos are at bike parks and wondering if anyone else rides?
This is my ride

View attachment 122

Nice looking bike. I try to keep both wheels on the ground. 🤣 I ride a specialized diverge.
Easier said then done. I haven't crashed it yet but came close a few times. Would like to get out to a bike park hopefully this summer.

I do mountain bike. Fat tire bike for the snow and a Diamond Back Lux 3 which I share with my dad

I ride a Giant Fathom 2 that I got last year. I enjoy it. My main goal is not to crash, since I'm the only breadwinner in my family and I turn 39 next month. I stick mainly to mild trails right now, partially because I'm not in good enough shape to really tackle big hills. Still fun when I can get out!

That's an awesome looking ride!

I ride a Giant Fathom 2 that I got last year. I enjoy it. My main goal is not to crash, since I'm the only breadwinner in my family and I turn 39 next month. I stick mainly to mild trails right now, partially because I'm not in good enough shape to really tackle big hills. Still fun when I can get out!

That's an awesome looking ride!
You ain’t the only one. That’s why I got an ebike as I can’t keep up with these crazy Dutchies and Germans. These dudes are outta control how often and the weather their willing to ride in. Im fair weather rider, in cold or crappy rain then I’m not having fun so why ride.

You ain’t the only one. That’s why I got an ebike as I can’t keep up with these crazy Dutchies and Germans. These dudes are outta control how often and the weather their willing to ride in. Im fair weather rider, in cold or crappy rain then I’m not having fun so why ride.
No doubt! I don't have the funds for an e-bike, but they look fun! Most of the trails around here don't want you to ride if it's muddy, so I haven't been out since early December. I got a new seat for Christmas and I haven't even put it on yet.

I’ve been mtb riding since the early ‘90’s. Raced cat2 cross country and single speed until 2017. I had knee surgery and haven’t fully recovered but still ride. Closest I’ve come to downhill is “enduro” or some say “super g” which is kind of cross country with timed down hill sections. I’m sure they have it in your country but might have a different name.
I’ve had a lot of bikes but right now I have a rigid trek Stache and carbon cannondale scalpel. Tend to ride the Stache much more. Also did tons of road biking but lost interest and had too many close calls with cars. Figured it would only be a matter of time before I get killed. Worst crashes by far for me have been in road bike criterion races...
Good luck with that bike above. It looks like a very fun ride!

I’ve been mtb riding since the early ‘90’s. Raced cat2 cross country and single speed until 2017. I had knee surgery and haven’t fully recovered but still ride. Closest I’ve come to downhill is “enduro” or some say “super g” which is kind of cross country with timed down hill sections. I’m sure they have it in your country but might have a different name.
I’ve had a lot of bikes but right now I have a rigid trek Stache and carbon cannondale scalpel. Tend to ride the Stache much more. Also did tons of road biking but lost interest and had too many close calls with cars. Figured it would only be a matter of time before I get killed. Worst crashes by far for me have been in road bike criterion races...
Good luck with that bike above. It looks like a very fun ride!
I believe the Stache was somewhat similar to my Fathom. I saw a lot of people singing that bike's praises when I was trying to decide what to buy. Too bad Trek doesn't make it anymore.

I believe the Stache was somewhat similar to my Fathom. I saw a lot of people singing that bike's praises when I was trying to decide what to buy. Too bad Trek doesn't make it anymore.
Mine is the Stache 5 rigid from maybe 2016 or so. After that they all came with a suspension fork. I like it with the carbon fork. Only thing I changed was to the sram gx eagle, light bicycle carbon wheels and a dropper.
The fathom is a lot of bike for the money. Really nice bike period. If I was looking it would definitely be on my short list, hope you like it.

Mine is the Stache 5 rigid from maybe 2016 or so. After that they all came with a suspension fork. I like it with the carbon fork. Only thing I changed was to the sram gx eagle, light bicycle carbon wheels and a dropper.
The fathom is a lot of bike for the money. Really nice bike period. If I was looking it would definitely be on my short list, hope you like it.
I like it so far! I don't really push it. I probably could ride the trails I ride with a Talon, but I wanted to have enough bike to grow into and not have to worry about not having enough.

Too Old and fat now....Used to dirt Bike (motorcycle) but then I broke both arms so now I don't lol

I still have three of my old rigs. Joshua XO, a Proflex 754 and 856. Need to hit the trails the 856 was a mainstay after my racing days and got used alot. It's had a coil over rear shock and Marzochi front end. The 754 is darned near original and needs Durometers, the XO is a base chassis w/Rock shock shocks/coil over, some custom wheels from one of mynold race bikes w/ TNT Ti hubs, a full XTR drivetrain w/ SRAM twist grips, and Avid levers. Haven't ridden in a handful of years. I used to race XC back in the 90's. I've had some nice bikes that would probably exceed 10-15k in today's $$ now currently I have these old Dad bikes I can't seem to let go of.
All these bikes have bar ends, if yall know what those are... 🤣

Last edited:
I wish I still had the xrays but to say the least the arms don't work as well as the used too

Back