Asuga Angry's new kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you have a cap pack on the esc.?? There's no way it's needed if that's a MMX8 (y)
1000012075.png

IMG_20211203_120918.jpg

IMG_20211211_155120.jpg

The cap pack on the newer Torox is quite substantial. The smoother the better. šŸ¤ž

All done, threw a cheap flexible wing on it too, got a few rain days coming so might get to test it out soon otherwise it'll probably be spring unless I decide to take it out this winter sometime.

View attachment 4687

View attachment 4688
Looking good!! The Kagama body is really growing on me. If I didn't already have a half dozen truggies, I'd definitely get one. I've finally got my Kronos xtr dialed to my track. I don't think anything aside from my ET48 can keep pace with it between my and my brothers fleet. He's got a Talion exb which is probably his best handling rig, can't wait to unleash the xtr on the Talion!! Gonna be a fierce battle, plenty of pushing and shoving!! We get pretty aggressive with one another. The ET48 has been king for quite a while now.. šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜šŸ¤˜

Is it possible to put the Asuga tires on the Kagama or similar sized tires and it (almost becomes a Asuga)?
Kagama isnt alot more expensive, probably the better buy?

Is it possible to put the Asuga tires on the Kagama or similar sized tires and it (almost becomes a Asuga)?
Can you? Sure, would I, no. They're built on the same platform but they're two different animals, you'd just end up with a truggy with small tires, that said I will eventually be putting kagama arms on my asuga

IMG_20231027_164319774.jpg

IMG_20231027_164338756.jpg

Is it possible to lower the Kagama stance so its more flat level like the Asuga?
Sure, you can always crank the droop screws in to lower it. Maybe if I get time tomorrow I'll slap the asuga tires on the kagama and crank the droops so you can see a picture of what you're asking

A Kagama with Asuga tires would be the equivalent of the next generation TC Muraco/Shogun truggy. Which I'm sure is just around the corner from being released.
Really depends on how you use your rc. Big tires are great for air control and ground clearance, but suck for ground control. I run truggy race tires or similar on all my truggies, because that's what I like to do, race them around a track. Nothing formal, just for fun. I save the bigger MT tires for snow bashing, need the ground clearance then.

Nice! Hope the Kagama come back in stock soon since I cant wait to pickup one up :)

Edit: My Gorgon is on its way šŸ˜‚

Yes looking at it the rear brace stops you dropping a 4092 in without a bit of work. I also donā€™t like where they have paced the power switch. If anything gets picked up it could damage it or even turn it off. Think I will stick to my Python for now. As I have 15mm spacers fitted the wheels may fit mine.
agree power switch looks a bit vulnerable there

@AngrySection8 what pinion did you end up with for the 1780? I bought a 1780 too but also got a 1450 while they were on sale. Wondering how your temps are? I put the 1450 in for now but am tempted to try the 1780. Thanks for your response. Really nice build!

@AngrySection8 what pinion did you end up with for the 1780? I bought a 1780 too but also got a 1450 while they were on sale. Wondering how your temps are? I put the 1450 in for now but am tempted to try the 1780. Thanks for your response. Really nice build!
I went with a 15t, I've only driven it once for a short rip but I'm not expecting any issues with temps, after all its a few hundred kv less than they come stock and 8mm longer of a can, probably doesn't even need the fans to be honest but they're not hurting anything either

Did you ever do this? Would love to it!
Not yet, waiting for Jenny's to get the arms in stock, actually want 2 sets because I'm "modernizing" my jambo too, based off doing it to my python and radix I already have cvds/dog bones and shock towers here, just need the arms.
Which to be honest I could just use the older arms as I have several sets of those on hand just hate going backwards in rigidity

Back