Asuga Angry's new kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngrySection8

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Jambo
  3. Kagama
  4. Kronos
  5. Kronos XTR
  6. Python
  7. Radix
Got my kagama on Monday, finally had a day to sit down with it and look it over, all in all it's a very nice setup, I just tossed my spare corally system in it for now, haven't ran it yet. Things to note, compared to what we're used too they have moved the center diff back giving it more of an equal length driveshaft setup, very nice but it will not fit a 4092 motor without grinding a brace, same goes for the side with the esc, the torox is right up against the brace only leaving the gap between the esc and battery tray, my initial thoughts were to go max6 with a 4092 in 1780 and I still will but it's going to require some work not just drop in, also due to side guards the motor mount has limited adjustment, doubt a 15t pinion will fit without grinding there, it was truly built with corally's system in mind. That's all the farther I've really looked it over, below pic is a side by side with the kronos. I should note these comparisons are based off the kronos considering the kagama is the same class, compared to my asuga it's obvious the kagama is built off that platform as they are very similar

IMG_20231006_172408493.jpg

Last edited:
Yes looking at it the rear brace stops you dropping a 4092 in without a bit of work. I also don’t like where they have paced the power switch. If anything gets picked up it could damage it or even turn it off. Think I will stick to my Python for now. As I have 15mm spacers fitted the wheels may fit mine.

Congrats!! Sorry to hear of the motor and gearing limitations. Sounds like some engineering will be needed to get a Max6 4985 in there. Perhaps a different motor mount altogether would be best? Makes me think the rtr really is the way to go on these for practical sense. Enjoy🍻👍

Congrats!! Sorry to hear of the motor and gearing limitations. Sounds like some engineering will be needed to get a Max6 4985 in there. Perhaps a different motor mount altogether would be best? Makes me think the rtr really is the way to go on these for practical sense. Enjoy🍻👍
Thanks! Yeah it's definitely a step in the right direction for corally much like the asuga was so well worth having to modify it to fit what you want IMO, there's plenty of meat on that brace so I already shaved it down enough to clear a 4092, gotta clearance it about 3mm is all, time will tell for the esc, I farm and it's harvest season so I'm working 12-18hr days usually so it'll probably be winter before I sit down and try to totally fit everything

Yes looking at it the rear brace stops you dropping a 4092 in without a bit of work. I also don’t like where they have paced the power switch. If anything gets picked up it could damage it or even turn it off. Think I will stick to my Python for now. As I have 15mm spacers fitted the wheels may fit mine.
The angle of the picture rather exaggerates it compared to reality, makes it look like the switch jets off the back of the chassis which it really doesn't, plus it's encased in a plastic holder, although no impossible you'd be hard pressed to bust it off

@AngrySection8 ... get yourself the 46T center diff and you'll be able to go bigger on the pinion👍🏼
Yes, I actually have a few 46t spurs on hand so it is always an option if needed. I did trim the gusset around the one bolt for the upper side guard and just that alone allowed for a 15t, maybe more didn't bother to check, and of course the edge of the sliding motor mount can always be clearanced as well, it's got plenty of meat. Depending what motor I choose will determine my gearing, if I go with the 4092 rocket V2 1780kv all I'd need is a 15t, but I may just order the max6 combo in which the 4985 1650kv I'd probably want a 17t, not after a speed demon, just like big digitals for temp purposes

For anyone curious the kagama with stock digitals and a single 6s/5000mah pack tips the scales at 13lb 1oz, I thought that was rather good considering I tossed my kronos on the scale and it weighed 14lb 6oz with a 4s pack, this has made me rethink my plans and i went ahead and ordered a rocket V2 4282 in 1780kv and a castle mmx8s esc, per the specs this should only add 15gr vs the stock stuff but we'll see what the scale says when it's all installed

Wow! That's a substantial weight savings!! How many upgrades on the Kronos? Over a pound, that's gonna be notable out in the field I bet.

Wow! That's a substantial weight savings!! How many upgrades on the Kronos? Over a pound, that's gonna be notable out in the field I bet.
The kronos is basically xtr spec, 4092 motor adds a bit, I'm guessing it's primarily the method tires, don't feel very heavy in the hand but I know they're more than the stock tires

The kronos is basically xtr spec, 4092 motor adds a bit, I'm guessing it's primarily the method tires, don't feel very heavy in the hand but I know they're more than the stock tires
The TC "Grippers" tires are very lightweight for the size. I like them, some have had issues with them coming apart though. I keep speeds relatively low so I think that helps.

If you remove the side rail on the motor side, and back the motor completely out, you can fit a 18t. Max 6 drops in fine, the back end is lifted about 2-3mm because of the rear brace. I s'pose you could notch the brace but I just sent it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Built a standoff for the mmx8s esc, "should" clear the brace now, ill know in a few hours when it shows up, motor is probably another week or so out, and waiting for a fan setup and different fan/switch holder for the esc

IMG_20231014_091411230.jpg

I need one of those!!
Pretty simple to make, I just cut a piece of kydex and used some old 10mm fan spacers I had that come with a lot of fan/heatsink combos. Kydex is great to have on hand, I build a lot of various rc bits out of it, mounts, bumpers, battery trays, etc, it comes in handy.

Fits right in, now just get to sit back and wait for my fans, motor, and cap pack and another rain day to be able to sit down and work on it again.

IMG_20231014_132041147.jpg

Pretty simple to make, I just cut a piece of kydex and used some old 10mm fan spacers I had that come with a lot of fan/heatsink combos. Kydex is great to have on hand, I build a lot of various rc bits out of it, mounts, bumpers, battery trays, etc, it comes in handy.
Kydex is what I'm missing. Thanks!!

Got the esc fan and switch mount in so got them installed, just waiting on the motor and this rig is done, should have motor tomorrow according to tracking.

IMG_20231018_064730605.jpg

IMG_20231019_162909671.jpg

Why do you have a cap pack on the esc.?? There's no way it's needed if that's a MMX8 (y)
You'd be surprised, I own 3 of these and depending on application I've still pulled upwards of 8% ripple, too close for my comfort zone, I like to error on the side of caution, cap packs are cheap, esc's are not

Back