Sketer All you lucky enough to have driven the new Arrma 4s V2 line. Should the Sketer be worried?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put 6s in my Sketer once, and TLR once. Way too much. Was just stupid fast.

HaHa! Yeah, that's another reason I don't bother with 6s in those rigs..just unusable to me.

I run my Sketer only on 6s as I find it's just too heavy for 4s 😩 It's also my least favourite truck out of everything I own....

I run my Sketer only on 6s as I find it's just too heavy for 4s 😩 It's also my least favourite truck out of everything I own....
4s on a Castle MMX with 2200kv has plenty of power. It is a fun and tough truck, and handles well. Does not handle as well as the Tekno, but better than all the Arrmas.

Do you have the stock Sketer motor? If so, yeah....no power on 4s.

But for the handling....mine is far from stock. Have the Kronos arms...so it is really wide.

Mine does not look much like a Sketer anymore

20220724_092452.jpg

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but box stock I think the new Arrma 4s line is better than the Sketer..!!!

Once modded though I think the Sketer is far better, only problem is though once modded enough to be good you might just as well buy a 6s Outcast/Notorious or even a Jambo.!! 🤔

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but box stock I think the new Arrma 4s line is better than the Sketer..!!!

Once modded though I think the Sketer is far better, only problem is though once modded enough to be good you might just as well buy a 6s Outcast/Notorious or even a Jambo.!! 🤔
Define better....

Box stock you have to TRY to break the sketer, and it is hard to break.

Box stock V1 Arrma 4s line, you have to baby them or they will break. Maybe the slipper, diffs, and axles are all way better now...don't know.

Too early to tell I say. The Sketer to me is more comparable to a typhon 6s, I know the Sketer has 4s electronics, but otherwise it's a beefcake 1/8 buggy with truck tires?

Too early to tell I say. The Sketer to me is more comparable to a typhon 6s, I know the Sketer has 4s electronics, but otherwise it's a beefcake 1/8 buggy with truck tires?
Agreed. Bashers are typically graded by how tough they are. Has anyone found a common weak point in the sketer?

Box stock you have to TRY to break the sketer, and it is hard to break.

I tried and succeeded 😉🤣

So far, I've destroyed the body, broken rear hub carrier, a-arms, steering rod ends, bumper, wheelie bar.....
Some of those parts I've changed multiple times..!! 😩

I think the weakest parts are the rod ends, bumper and wheelie bar.!!🤔

I get that the rest of the truck is tough, that's because it's basically a 6s build..

Nearly forgot,
Last bash I somehow managed to bend the rear shock tower ( which in my opinion proves that the center bracing does nothing 🤣 )..!!

The front bumper but easy fix/upgrade. For the rest the Sketer is tough. 💪
The stock steering rack bends easily but the impact on performance is not significant (I didn't even know it was bent until I was doing a full teardown for maintenance). Just installed the 7075 piece but haven't run it yet...weather is crap now (smoking hot yesterday and raining today).

I'm also on the Arrma new 4s fence. I have a Sketer now, and I love how tough it is, how smooth it drives and handles, but it's not exciting to drive. It's so heavy when I pick it up it's like a cement block, yet when I pick up my Kraton 6s it feels lighter because the weight is spread out. I was trying avoid the bulk of 6s batteries and 6s weight and have a quick grab and go basher, but that is not the case with this one. I pulled the 4s system out and put in 6s system, but haven't ran it on 6s yet. I'm also used to how the Kraton 6s and 3s big rock and typhon jump. They just seem to glide in the air with little throttle input. Where I bash, the Sketer takes more throttle input to keep it level, if it doesn't try to nose drive early. So not fun to jump either. If the new Kraton 4s ever comes out, I'll probably get that instead, even though I don't think it's a better built truck. Or maybe keep the Sketer and change it to a Dementer/Jambo arms and such. IDK. Positives is that's it's tough, well built, drives great. Negatives it's heavy, doesn't jump well. New Kraton seems to drive great and jump well, but it's not built as well. Sheesh.

Last edited:
My V1s need constant attention and they've been upgraded like @HZRDOS OC4 was and is not too different IMO from what Arrma is selling now as a V2. I'm not buying the hype. Yes it's still pretty light and has plenty of power but I'll take a center diff over that 3s slipper all day long.

My V1s need constant attention and they've been upgraded like @HZRDOS OC4 was and is not too different IMO from what Arrma is selling now as a V2. I'm not buying the hype. Yes it's still pretty light and has plenty of power but I'll take a center diff over that 3s slipper all day long.
Yeah. I upgraded all I could. The weak point was the outdrive shafts in the diffs. No other options for them other than stock (unless you go HR with the HR driveshafts). Either had to keep the slipper loose to where it would spin itself loose after a few packs and always needed to tighten, or you would strip the outdrive gear in the diff.

Yes...I am hard on the throttle. I like to wheelie each time I hit the throttle. The Arrma 4s could not take my style of driving.

I'm also on the Arrma new 4s fence. I have a Sketer now, and I love how tough it is, how smooth it drives and handles, but it's not exciting to drive. It's so heavy when I pick it up it's like a cement block, yet when I pick up my Kraton 6s it feels lighter because the weight is spread out. I was trying avoid the bulk of 6s batteries and 6s weight and have a quick grab and go basher, but that is not the case with this one. I pulled the 4s system out and put in 6s system, but haven't ran it on 6s yet. I'm also used to how the Kraton 6s and 3s big rock and typhon jump. They just seem to glide in the air with little throttle input. Where I bash, the Sketer takes more throttle input to keep it level, if it doesn't try to nose drive early. So not fun to jump either. If the new Kraton 4s ever comes out, I'll probably get that instead, even though I don't think it's a better built truck. Or maybe keep the Sketer and change it to a Dementer/Jambo arms and such. IDK. Positives is that's it's tough, well built, drives great. Negatives it's heavy, doesn't jump well. New Kraton seems to drive great and jump well, but it's not built as well. Sheesh.
You mention weight, but the K4s is 9.3 lbs. Sketer is 9.8 lbs. Not much of a difference really.

Also the steering. I hate that Arrma setup on the 3s/4s rigs.

Last edited:
Yeah. I upgraded all I could. The weak point was the outdrive shafts in the diffs. No other options for them other than stock (unless you go HR with the HR driveshafts). Either had to keep the slipper loose to where it would spin itself loose after a few packs and always needed to tighten, or you would strip the outdrive gear in the diff.

Yes...I am hard on the throttle. I like to wheelie each time I hit the throttle. The Arrma 4s could not take my style of driving.

You mention weight, but the K4s is 9.3 lbs. Sketer is 9.8 lbs. Not much of a difference really.

Dang didn't realize they are that close in weight. I hate the Arrma 3s/4s steering too. I love the way the Sketer handles. Maybe I need to tune it more to get more fun out of it. You said yours wheelies a lot. Did you change your diff fluid weights?

Dang didn't realize they are that close in weight. I hate the Arrma 3s/4s steering too. I love the way the Sketer handles. Maybe I need to tune it more to get more fun out of it. You said yours wheelies a lot. Did you change your diff fluid weights?
1mil center. Use 100k front, 50k rear.

Also have a Castle MMX 2200kv combo with 17t pinion.

...and you told me to take it easy. 🤣🤣
I didn't listen and cringe while doing standing backflips with the OC4. My Sketer is pretty much the same way now, all I worry about is broken steering links...

...and you told me to take it easy. 🤣🤣
I didn't listen and cringe while doing standing backflips with the OC4. My Sketer is pretty much the same way now, all I worry about is broken steering links...
Haha. Yeah, I have two rigs that can do standing backflips...they are fun, but hard on tires. Have it down to a science of when to hit the brakes to land plush and never on throttle.

Back