About those "faulty" arms on Asuga and Kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XashBE

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
Just had a phone call with Stefan, head of support at Corally headquarters.

Yes, there are issues with those arms, it's known.
They also tested several and concluded it's only an optical issue. The arms themselves are NOT weaker or cracked inside.
They identified the fault and it's due to wrong storage at the factory. It seems the humidity after the production was not as it should be and they are working on sokving the issue.
IF you do however have a broken arm and it's where the cracks are, you will obviously get it replaced but they did not have and case of that so far.

Again: it's an optical issue, arms are not affeced!

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Belgium.

Well, hope they wont break where the cracks are. Tip, make pics of where the "cracks” are before driving. When you break a arm and it is where the crack is, you have proof. Hopefully it wont happen 🤞

Just had a phone call with Stefan, head of support at Corally headquarters.

Yes, there are issues with those arms, it's known.
They also tested several and concluded it's only an optical issue. The arms themselves are NOT weaker or cracked inside.
They identified the fault and it's due to wrong storage at the factory. It seems the humidity after the production was not as it should be and they are working on sokving the issue.
IF you do however have a broken arm and it's where the cracks are, you will obviously get it replaced but they did not have and case of that so far.

Again: it's an optical issue, arms are not affeced!

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Belgium.
Humidity? 💩

The arms we saw stripped off and sold by Jenny's has dirty great cracks in! 🤣🤣 Hardly an 'optical' aesthetic issue.

The marks on AngrySection8's rig looked like physical lines/imperfections on the mould.

Others had what looked like flow lines.

There's waaay more to this. Corally aren't sharing.

Well, hope they wont break where the cracks are. Tip, make pics of where the "cracks” are before driving. When you break a arm and it is where the crack is, you have proof. Hopefully it wont happen 🤞
I sure did and that right there is not optical illusion lol Stephen said he's sending a new set

20240520_154610.jpg

I sure did and that right there is not optical illusion lol Stephen said he's sending a new set

20240520_154610.jpg
That was when the pillowball was installed I used hand tools no power tools it was installed properly

I can understand problems but when you have to go through as many steps as I had to just to get some help that is where dissatisfaction occurs. Poly is cheap for them. In comparison to cost to us so being good to your customers is a big deal. Hell even redcat notified and replaced faulty designed parts for the v1 machetes on there own

I can understand problems but when you have to go through as many steps as I had to just to get some help that is where dissatisfaction occurs. Poly is cheap for them. In comparison to cost to us so being good to your customers is a big deal. Hell even redcat notified and replaced faulty designed parts for the v1 machetes on there own
Once again though - where did you buy that arm? Please confirm when and where you bought it from.

Did either of those sellers replace the arms or refund you?

When did you buy them?
I have been in communication with Stephen eu, hrp,jennys and Chicagoland after much communication back and forth hrp requested the new arms for testing gave me a refund and Stephen is sending a fresh pair of arms they did state that there isn't a fix as of yet but it will be addressed now whether those are wishful words or not we shall see. I also contacted rpms development team they are considering.

Screenshot_20240522_135734_Gmail.jpg

I have a bin full of new and used suspension arms from at least a half dozen different manufacturers at home. Some of these are vintage parts from the nineties, and they have not been stored in any type of controlled environment aside from being spared of sunlight. I have yet to see anything resembling the cracks we're seeing here..

I believe TC is holding back, to see how serious or widespread the issue is before deciding how to address it.

I have been in communication with Stephen eu, hrp,jennys and Chicagoland after much communication back and forth hrp requested the new arms for testing gave me a refund and Stephen is sending a fresh pair of arms they did state that there isn't a fix as of yet but it will be addressed now whether those are wishful words or not we shall see. I also contacted rpms development team they are considering.

View attachment 6152
Glad you had a refund.

A point of reference: It's difficult for Corally to fix something when they claim it isn't broken. 🤣

Don't forget - it's purely a cosmetic issue, right?! 🙄🤔

My feeling is that they're just giving people holding responses while they're looking into the moulding issue.

I get that they don't want to give too much away. Sadly, this doesn't help people like yourself or others here affected by this problem in the meantime.

So - if you have dodgy Corally A arms, utilise your consumer rights and get your retailer to put things right.

Don't lose your receipts!

Now I'm a bit perplexed by the explanation provided by Corally support. The assertion that it's 'just an optical effect' is just plain wrong. The weld lines in the injection moulding are caused by 2 separate flows of polymer into the mould, and where this flow is to slow/cold/polymer at to high a viscosity, the 2 fronts fail to completely fuse. Add in glass strengthening fiber, and these will end up lying parallel to the weld line, resulting in reduced strength across the weld line. Precisely how reduced depends on the effective depth of the unfused material - which will range from virtually nothing, all the way up to 100%.

Of course, if I was a supplier of injection moulded parts, I would definitely take the 'optical effect' stance - but I'm not 😉, hence my reaction (and lengthy post).

Now I'm a bit perplexed by the explanation provided by Corally support. The assertion that it's 'just an optical effect' is just plain wrong. The weld lines in the injection moulding are caused by 2 separate flows of polymer into the mould, and where this flow is to slow/cold/polymer at to high a viscosity, the 2 fronts fail to completely fuse. Add in glass strengthening fiber, and these will end up lying parallel to the weld line, resulting in reduced strength across the weld line. Precisely how reduced depends on the effective depth of the unfused material - which will range from virtually nothing, all the way up to 100%.

Of course, if I was a supplier of injection moulded parts, I would definitely take the 'optical effect' stance - but I'm not 😉, hence my reaction (and lengthy post).
I quite agree, although I'm quite certain the composites our rigs use now are Carbon reinforced.

My understanding is that the temperatures have to be hot enough for the flow, the pressure high enough to ensure integrity of the moulding and for the cooling to be properly controlled to avoid cracks.

Also, the angles for ejection of the parts is important too - which can result in aesthetic related issues otherwise.

But dirty great cracks? Or long scored lines along parts which otherwise look OK?

Look - I know I play with model cars now, but I used to put target drones together and operate them. Scored lines along parts is unacceptable and if they came out looking anything like that, the moulds would be taken off the line and serviced. There was contingency for that very reason. The moment finish was being picked up by QC, the moulds were swapped.

There's plenty of people on this forum that come from engineering backgrounds, it's likely why they like RC and building stuff.

It's a shame Corally gave the response they have, but perhaps they don't have the mould contingency we might hope they have. Perhaps the factory in China isn't telling them anything, or worse - plain lying through their @$$.

Corally have some awesome rigs - but they all rely on injection moulded composite parts. After the bad press influencers gave the XTR, Corally really need to get this right this time around.

Mugen, Xray, Sworkz, Tekno, Kyosho - they all get their composites right. Why can't Corally? 🫤

1000019873.png

personally, I trust what Stefan say's, he's always been upfront and honest as far as I have experienced. I have a set of road wheels for the radix that are good for 100mph and they have similar surface crack around the hole in the middle. I contacted the manufacturer and they pretty much said the same thing so I think Stefan is on the level.

also Stefan isn't head of support, he owns the company that owns Corally, so you're talking to the top man.

Yep - that's definitely broken. Are they the same ones you took pictures of in the bag?
The new in bag were returned tor hrp for analysis these were jennys pull offs but marks are exactly the same either way. Jennys just pulls them off of new rigs.So the issue is the same either way I'm switching my setup back to the old arms I've beat the heck out of the older style long arms with no problems.

The new in bag were returned tor hrp for analysis these were jennys pull offs but marks are exactly the same either way. Jennys just pulls them off of new rigs.So the issue is the same either way I'm switching my setup back to the old arms I've beat the heck out of the older style long arms with no problems.
I have another complete set of asuga arms sitting here but I'm not spending the time to put them on to get another 5 min lol.I have plenty of stock on hand of the older ones anyway

I have another complete set of asuga arms sitting here but I'm not spending the time to put them on to get another 5 min lol.I have plenty of stock on hand of the older ones anyway
Come to think of it I've never broken one of the older arms

Back