About those "faulty" arms on Asuga and Kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don’t know, I broke both Asuga upper arms, but the new ones I bought have held up fine. I think it’s a bad batch, but obviously Stefan would know more.

Yeah I don’t know, I broke both Asuga upper arms, but the new ones I bought have held up fine. I think it’s a bad batch, but obviously Stefan would know more.
Stefan sounds like a lovely man. But he ain't saying anything. 🤣😅😝

@AnthonyJaques, please could you get a photo of the fracture face of the broken bit please, just the section that I've (badly) circled and arrowed?
Screenshot_20240524-203445~3.png

@AnthonyJaques, please could you get a photo of the fracture face of the broken bit please, just the section that I've (badly) circled and arrowed?
View attachment 6162
Here ya go
1000005869.jpg

I really don't care who owns what or who works in what department. I am an honest person I have no reason other than complete and utter dissatisfaction with the new stuff.

1000005839.jpg
first 5 min it was done

View attachment 6162
I have many sets of different sizes so I'm going back to the old long arm.the extra asuga arms I have I may try to boil them see if it helps at all

I have 3 builds waiting so I'm not wasting anymore time waiting on corally.Stephen said I'd get a new set. So I guess we will see.

Last edited:
On the initial photo of the fracture, there's a shiny section, which might indicate a lack of fusion between the 2 surfaces, and hence a weak point. Does the fracture face have areas that look different? Can you get a photo of the break across the cross-section?
The break down by the pillow ball thread also doesn't look like a normal break in fibre reinforced polymer, possibly suggesting that the 'surface optical effect' penetrates quite a way into the bulk of the material, knocking down the material strength by quite a margin.

On the initial photo of the fracture, there's a shiny section, which might indicate a lack of fusion between the 2 surfaces, and hence a weak point. Does the fracture face have areas that look different? Can you get a photo of the break across the cross-section?
The break down by the pillow ball thread also doesn't look like a normal break in fibre reinforced polymer, possibly suggesting that the 'surface optical effect' penetrates quite a way into the bulk of the material, knocking down the material strength by quite a margin.
1000005883.jpg
Yes very much so

Yes very much so
1000005884.jpg

Attachments

• 1000005885.jpg
    1000005885.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 23
Back