21' Kronos XTR diff cup wear ie is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having this problem with a Python in the front, rear, and center. I thought about getting the spring steel cups but then Id be adding new cups to old diff internals and while it would probably not be a issue, it wasn't something I wanted to do. so I was going to get all new diffs from Jennys because for the money spent it seems like the better way to go as Id be getting new diffs and cups front to back. the diffs from Jenny's wouldn't be sp steel though so that concerns me a little. I have been on the fence for a while and have yet to make a decision. time will tell....
Did you decide to buy any parts yet? I hear you about buying the SP parts, I wouldn't bother. TBH, I'd just replace the cups, fluids, bearings and call it done. How old is your rig? I do believe TC has a 2 year warranty. They may warranty the cups, they are sending me the swiss bits under warranty on an 8 month old rig.

Did you decide to buy any parts yet? I hear you about buying the SP parts, I wouldn't bother. TBH, I'd just replace the cups, fluids, bearings and call it done. How old is your rig? I do believe TC has a 2 year warranty. They may warranty the cups, they are sending me the swiss bits under warranty on an 8 month old rig.
Warranty is 2 years only in the EU (by law), outside of the EU is 1 year: https://www.corally.com/Warranty-Disclaimer/

Warranty is 2 years only in the EU (by law), outside of the EU is 1 year: https://www.corally.com/Warranty-Disclaimer/
I see. Well, it's a generous warranty nevertheless 👍 Much better than TRX, 30 days!? That's pure crap IMO. I hope TC and Arrma squashes TRX into non existence..or submission at least. TRX needs a reality check IMO. Overhyped, overpriced.. they've just been on top for too long..

I see. Well, it's a generous warranty nevertheless 👍 Much better than TRX, 30 days!? That's pure crap IMO. I hope TC and Arrma squashes TRX into non existence..or submission at least. TRX needs a reality check IMO. Overhyped, overpriced.. they've just been on top for too long..
I agree! I've decided I won't be buying any TRX at least for the foreseeable future. In my view, TRX is the iPhone of the RC industry, shinny, overpriced and overrated. It does well only because it has a loyal fan base, that's all. (sorry iPhone users, nothing personal! 😅 )

I agree! I've decided I won't be buying any TRX at least for the foreseeable future. In my view, TRX is the iPhone of the RC industry, shinny, overpriced and overrated. It does well only because it has a loyal fan base, that's all. (sorry iPhone users, nothing personal! 😅 )
Hear! Hear!

Android: Be Together. Not the same.

To clarify, I do own TRX rigs, and enjoy them. Just not a fan of their business model.

I have run my xtr 2022 about 30 packs now all 6s power the spring steel is like brand new :)
That's great to hear! That is what I would expect as well. Honestly, most of the use my kronos has seen is track use on 4s with smaller than stock tires, which is why I was being so critical. Shouldn't be an issue. Corally is taking care of it by sending me the swiss bits for free so that is good with me. Would never get that kind of consideration from TRX I'm sure..

That's great to hear! That is what I would expect as well. Honestly, most of the use my kronos has seen is track use on 4s with smaller than stock tires, which is why I was being so critical. Shouldn't be an issue. Corally is taking care of it by sending me the swiss bits for free so that is good with me. Would never get that kind of consideration from TRX I'm sure..
TRX would make you pay for the parts, for the shipping and for the trouble you put them through by opening a support case! 🤣

TRX would make you pay for the parts, for the shipping and for the trouble you put them through by opening a support case! 🤣
Sad but true..and only for 30 days warranty period I believe? After that..well, you know..go pound salt!

Got the swiss bits, a combination of warranty and purchased parts.
HRP was out of stock on the pinion input cups, so I bought them from RC Hobby explosion.
Attempted to change out the pinion inputs, and well..have a look. One of the 2 cups has no threads machined into it for the grub screw!? Wtf!! I have metric taps, no worries right? Uh, yeah, right. Cup is harder than the tap, so not gonna work..this stinks..

20220702_121236.jpg

20220702_121227.jpg

20220702_121219.jpg

Got the swiss bits, a combination of warranty and purchased parts.
HRP was out of stock on the pinion input cups, so I bought them from RC Hobby explosion.
Attempted to change out the pinion inputs, and well..have a look. One of the 2 cups has no threads machined into it for the grub screw!? Wtf!! I have metric taps, no worries right? Uh, yeah, right. Cup is harder than the tap, so not gonna work..this stinks..

View attachment 2637

View attachment 2638

View attachment 2639
Wtf? 😐

I know things happen..just frustrated. Sent an email rc hobby exp, see what they say.
I did try to tap the threads into it, guess the factory threads them before hardening, cuz my tap stripped. No worries, I have the warranty ones due in a week or 6.🤣🤣🍻

I got an email from HRP, they're sending out a replacement set of pinion cups for the defects I bought because I didn't want to wait for the cups to come in for warranty in the first place🤔🤣🤣
HRP warranted the original cups on my xtr, however the pinion cups were out of stock. So I bought a set from RC Hobby explosion, well, they are defective, so I'll have 2 sets whenever they actually come back in stock at HRP...
Maybe I should be grateful since my xtr isn't wearing out any parts these days? 🤣🤣

Update..got all the swiss parts installed, back in business 🤘😎
Interesting how much the TC swiss parts resemble the Hudy spring steel parts that Xray rc uses or did use..
Might be the same supplier?

Screenshot_20220713-094408_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-094319_Samsung Internet.jpg

been thinking about one of those xray buggys or truggys for a long time I no there the best quality but there darn expensive to get up and running :oops:

been thinking about one of those xray buggys or truggys for a long time I no there the best quality but there darn expensive to get up and running :oops:
I have a 2007 Xray buggy, converted to electric. It's amazing honestly. Quality is next level for sure compared to my other rigs. I bought it second hand many years ago. I would have never spent the money for a new one TBH. After seeing how well made it is, I understand why they're so expensive now.

Experienced exactly the same on my Radix 6. Switched to spring steel and new drive shafts and will see how it goes.

20221014_133713.jpg

20221017_193329.jpg

Experienced exactly the same on my Radix 6. Switched to spring steel and new drive shafts and will see how it goes.

View attachment 3089

View attachment 3090
I find it weird that it's really only the diff input/output cups.. the rear stub axles don't show any wear,yet they're not the spring steel?
My xtr has had the spring steel cups for a while now, holding up great.👌

Back