2022 Kronos XTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not peeled yet lol. Still a foot of snow out. Soon

Have you found any areas that might need attention yet? Maybe something that someone could makes parts for?! :D ;)

Have you found any areas that might need attention yet? Maybe something that someone could makes parts for?! :D ;)
Wing mount ok the xtr and the bumper cushion on the skeeter is a major weak part….. I have some parts coming from @Built4SpeedRC to get my measurements from so test parts in the next week or so then need to find some testers from here. Haven’t checked other rigs yet.

Wing mount ok the xtr and the bumper cushion on the skeeter is a major weak part….. I have some parts coming from @Built4SpeedRC to get my measurements from so test parts in the next week or so then need to find some testers from here. Haven’t checked other rigs yet.
You might find some extra inspiration here: https://www.modellbau-metz.com/katalog/search?do=js-parts+corally
I ordered the flexible wing mount and shock tower protectors, will let you know how they perform.

First impressions….. shocks are very firm, rear is a lot firmer then the front. All links need washers to prevent popping, all screws are tight with ample amounts of blue loctite where needed, front hubs are massive for the size but the bearings seem a tad small for my liking, tires feel like they will be good for a stock tire, comes with 13t pinion,tires are well glued, center diff was leaking in box. I haven’t cracked the diffs yet. Rubber cushion in center drive shaft cups is a nice touch, rear turn buckle are nice and thick the fronts are pretty thin for and extreme basher. Front and rear wheel drive shafts are slightly bowed approx 3 mm…. About what I would expect honestly. It isn’t a tekno or Mugen by any means but I bet she is gonna be a blast and that’s half the fun making things even better.. all these little things shouldn’t detour you from buying one. They are all extremely minor. Can’t wait to send it.
Is the rubber cushion in the center diff cups just a little piece of silicon tube? I didn't notice it when I took it apart but found one afterwards and am trying to find more info on it. Plus I need to find the other one...

4B67156D-95C4-49B7-A346-B32A016AD63F_1_105_c.jpeg

Is the rubber cushion in the center diff cups just a little piece of silicon tube? I didn't notice it when I took it apart but found one afterwards and am trying to find more info on it. Plus I need to find the other one...

View attachment 811
It’s to keep the center drive shafts from shaking around too much.

Maybe a receiver box cover with more space???

Maybe a receiver box cover with more space???
I can definitely do that. I also felt it was a tad on the smaller side. Made a couple adjustments on the prototype wing mount. Going to be a bolt through design for the wing so they won’t just pop off anymore and making sure it is ultra beefcake mode so it can take all the beatings 😂
Skeeter bumper cushion is on its way to @RCproponent so he can run it into a tree a few times to test it.

View attachment 811
I also found one in my Python, in the rear cup of the center diff. Also tried to put it in the front cup but it's too tight so it belongs in the rear (y)

Thanks for the input! Appreciate it! I was thinking that if there was one in both ends, trying to get to driveshafts and them all in at once might be a pain. One could be worked out OK.

Hurricane

I can definitely do that. I also felt it was a tad on the smaller side. Made a couple adjustments on the prototype wing mount. Going to be a bolt through design for the wing so they won’t just pop off anymore and making sure it is ultra beefcake mode so it can take all the beatings 😂
Skeeter bumper cushion is on its way to @RCproponent so he can run it into a tree a few times to test it.
👋 hey hey I'm gonna need one too for my Sketer. And I'll one up @RCproponent I've got 6" diameter metal posts to bounce off of 🤣 And of course some big sends off my ramp🤘🏼

That looks awesome 👌

Do you think the 2022 is an improvement over the 2021? Reason I ask the 2021 is on sale at an attractive price and the 2022 isn't available yet..

I really don't mind waiting, Or the extra cost if it worth it?

Cheers Gaz

That looks awesome 👌

Do you think the 2022 is an improvement over the 2021? Reason I ask the 2021 is on sale at an attractive price and the 2022 isn't available yet..

I really don't mind waiting, Or the extra cost if it worth it?

Cheers Gaz
Yes they addressed so much it is worthwhile to wait.

Thanks! Yeah I've asked the question I'm my own thread. Sorry for the hijack!
Seems to be some really worthwhile upgrades on the 2022 so probably just wait it out for now 👍
Oh no worries brother. I don’t own a 2021 but I can firsthand see the areas they addressed

Back