Sketer Widened Sketer Handling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Hey All,

I like how my Sketer handles, but I might need to widen it to fit the new tires I ordered. I understand that widening the rig makes it less prone to rollover. How does it handle otherwise? Do you have to sacrifice significant turning radius, or are there other drawbacks that come with the added stability? Thanks in advance!

Hey All,

I like how my Sketer handles, but I might need to widen it to fit the new tires I ordered. I understand that widening the rig makes it less prone to rollover. How does it handle otherwise? Do you have to sacrifice significant turning radius, or are there other drawbacks that come with the added stability? Thanks in advance!
If you use hex extenders, the drawback is more stress on bearings and servo. You'll have more weight outside the hubs. Doesn't mean they're gonna fail, just a result of the upgrade. Extending the arms and axles would call for replacement of A arms, steering linkage, and axles. Starts to add up $$. I've used extenders on a few rigs with little to no issues.

PXL_20230830_135309728.PORTRAIT.jpg

If you use the wider hubs and axles from the Kronos you don't need different arms, or steering linkage. Razor RC has a video on the conversion that is helpful. Runs about $70 if I remember correctly.

You lose some steering responsiveness but totally worth it from my perspective. I think it looks better too with the wider stance.

Cheers!

If you use the wider hubs and axles from the Kronos you don't need different arms, or steering linkage. Razor RC has a video on the conversion that is helpful. Runs about $70 if I remember correctly.

You lose some steering responsiveness but totally worth it from my perspective. I think it looks better too with the wider stance.

Cheers
Do you know if that's the same for a Radix6? I converted it to something like a Jambo and used the hex extenders

Back