Sketer Wide Sketer...Totally Worth It!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
If you're thinking about doing the wide hub conversion for your Sketer but have held off, wait no longer! It makes a huge difference and the trade-off with less precise steering is minimal (for my application anyway). I initially set out to widen it out to make room for bigger tires, but since I haven't figured out my tire situation yet I'm running the stock tires and the thing is on rails! I've stepped up to a 15t pinion (Tekno), put on a heat sink and fan (Yeah Racing) and now with the widened stance the Sketer is turning into my favorite rig. Aside from one leaky shock, I have only complements on the design, performance and durability. Felt like I was taking a risk with little awareness of the Corally brand, but super glad I took the plunge.

Glad to Hear!!! Once I get the filament in I plan on doing the Fan (Rocket) and I will start widening the entire rig as well. How's the airborne Characteristics?

Glad to Hear!!! Once I get the filament in I plan on doing the Fan (Rocket) and I will start widening the entire rig as well. How's the airborne Characteristics?
Stable in the air; I use a foam spacer to push the battery rearward which helps with balance. More control with the 15t as well compared to the 13t.

I think v2 sketer maybe should have that, plus a heat sink/fan, shock dust boots, upgraded body shell with reinforcement (with 2nd clear shell), thicker front a arms, beefier tie rod ends, re-engineered front bumper, aluminum chassis braces to replace existing plastic, aluminum front and rear diff cases, and perhaps get crazy and do the 825 motor with beefier esc. 🧐😜

I think v2 sketer maybe should have that, plus a heat sink/fan, shock dust boots, upgraded body shell with reinforcement (with 2nd clear shell), thicker front a arms, beefier tie rod ends, re-engineered front bumper, aluminum chassis braces to replace existing plastic, aluminum front and rear diff cases, and perhaps get crazy and do the 825 motor with beefier esc. 🧐😜
Maybe a Sketer XTR?

Maybe a Sketer XTR?

That sounds more like an XTR’RR 🤣

Back