What's your job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoon

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
  3. Sketer
Maybe it's nice to see what other Team Corally fans do for a living, what is your job?

I am a crane operator, used to be truck driver but in 2006 i went back to school and learned the things to know to become a crane operator. First 13 years I worked at Sarens, the number 2 biggest company worldwide. Had a very nice time and learned a lot, some interesting jobsites and went a couple of times offshore, did some work for Heerema on their craneship "Hermod"

Three years ago I decided to go to a smaller company in the area I live. Here sone pictures of the crane I work with, a 3 year old Liebherr ltm1130, 130mT hydraulic crane with my own counterweight on a trailer, who I can drive with rc.

FB_IMG_1644133129996.jpg

IMG_20211122_125105__01.jpg

IMG_20220328_083706.jpg

Chunk 'n' Dales Dancer
fat guy GIF

Well been in IT for 20 or so years and really sick of it and got into insurance adjusting but not really loving that either so I'm 42 and pretty much still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up

Like @JvG I'm a business controller for the digital operations (direct to consumer) division at a property and casualty insurer. Just hit my 16 year mark at the company. I've also worked as a real estate agent for the last 14 years. Once my daughter was born, I worked two jobs to keep my wife at home and the raise the kids. She can go back to work any day now. LOL I also own some rental property. I'm fortunate the insurance company is close to home. It allows me have a real estate career that can be challenging at times to balance but I've been doing it a long time now.

Was a Nuclear Submarine Mechanic, then commercial Nuke Equipment Operator, then a Reactor Operator, and then a Senior Reactor Operator. Now I am the manager of the Corporate Services department at a Nuke design firm... which is extremely boring, but i don't work night shift anymore, so it is worth it. Lol.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.44.49 AM.png

Cool subject I like seeing others work and seeing what’s possible out there. Myself I’ve been a heavy equipment diesel mechanic Work on some pretty large mining equipment in a active mine for oil. We have all kinds of equipment including electric drive trucks. Some are as big as two story house. It’s a challenging and rewarding career but I don’t think I’ll do it forever. Lol. Last picture, how’s that for a broken driveshaft 😂
65378549-C271-4307-B52C-1026A9B89669.png
0B8ECFFA-46E8-47C9-8686-B5FC1CADEA20.png
FD35568C-9B01-4FEF-8BCB-94C5EE40F38B.png

Cool subject I like seeing others work and seeing what’s possible out there. Myself I’ve been a heavy equipment diesel mechanic Work on some pretty large mining equipment in a active mine for oil. We have all kinds of equipment including electric drive trucks. Some are as big as two story house. It’s a challenging and rewarding career but I don’t think I’ll do it forever. Lol. Last picture, how’s that for a broken driveshaft 😂View attachment 1997View attachment 1998View attachment 1999
That's a different drive shaft then a Corally one 😉

Back