Whats everyone’s first ever rc car ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1208

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Can everyone remember there first rc car ?
I had a Nikko turbo panther.
This car gave me so much fun.
This was the car that started it for me.
Santa brought it for me when I was about 9.
What’s everyone else’s ?

419A49C0-71FE-47B7-B69D-077D1D3F2B21.png

I had one of these. Not sure how old i was but destroyed the bumper, stearing and the gears (all plastic) Had a switch underneath the chassis to put in in turbo mode. Different stickers but same type. Damn, i am old 😉

s-l300.jpg

Kyosho Minitz 06 1/12th scale car with the Renault body. Started the engine by hand spinning the rear tires. Got it for Christmas in 1983.

Then a Kyosho Circuit 10 Wildcat buggy (looked awesome, but was an unreliable tank), then a Tamiya Frog, then a Marui Big Bear, then an RPS (Losi) Yokomo SE 4wd buggy, then......

Last edited:
Don't remember the first as a kid but when I got married and we got into cars we did the HPI Nitro rs4's and the wife did a micro RSV (still have it). Got out of them a long time ago and just recently got back into it with the Axial AX10 & Wraith (back in 13) and then the Arrma Kraton 8s (blx &exb), outcast 6s and senton 3s. Now looking to jump into the corally line with the skeeter and Hopefully a Kronos.

Last edited:
First hobby grade rc was rc 10 passed down from my dad. Still have it
Good for you man! I wish I hadn't destroyed and subsequently parted mine out. Then again, compared to the rigs we have today, I doubt it would be much fun to actually run.

Had a Kyosho double dare monster truck in the late 80's..4 wheel steering was a joke, ended up disabling that. The look is what suckered me into it..

Attachments

• vintage-kyosho-double-dare-4wd-10_1_2da631c91246ea1d94690c9df1ee88a9.jpg
    vintage-kyosho-double-dare-4wd-10_1_2da631c91246ea1d94690c9df1ee88a9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back