Kronos What glue is best.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zander

Reaction score
Would like to know what glue people use / think is best , for glueing tires to rims. Going to use gorilla tape inside my tires to stop ballooning.

Would like to know what glue people use / think is best , for glueing tires to rims. Going to use gorilla tape inside my tires to stop ballooning.
I personally don’t think that taping the inside of the tire will stop your tires from ballooning.
I do what I have seen others do which is to use fishing line and go over the tread and through the wheel repeatedly, making a knot at each loop. That way if one loop brakes the rest hold it. This has worked for me. As for the glue. The best I have used so far is the Gorilla super glue.

I used the "Logo" in the past, and never disappointed me.

I personally don’t think that taping the inside of the tire will stop your tires from ballooning.
I do what I have seen others do which is to use fishing line and go over the tread and through the wheel repeatedly, making a knot at each loop. That way if one loop brakes the rest hold it. This has worked for me. As for the glue. The best I have used so far is the Gorilla super glue.
I second Gorilla super glue. I actually used it to repair a rip In one of my tires and it is still holding strong after 25 + battery packs.

I use zap, which is aerospace grade cyanoacrylate. Super thin gets in well for tyres - but mind your eyes - wear safety specs. Wheels & tyres need to be degreased to remove release agents and mounting surfaces should be abraded first prior to gluing.

Failure to remove the release agents will yield inevitable results regardless of what glue is used.

Using tape around the insides of the tyres 100% helps with ballooning. It's better than leaving the tyres turn into donuts. And given the choice, this is why I prefer mounting my own tyres if they aren't belted.

In 1/10th buggy racing, I used to use gorilla tape 🦍 for inside of tyres. It definitely helps.

Back