Python welp i crunched up my python pretty good....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcalsc

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Python
20220703_131147.jpg

there is a big open parking lot where i sometimes run my cars and I noticed that 6 different RC's displayed some sort of radio interference in the same spot of this parking lot. what happens is I'll lose radio control for a second and then reconnect, but at full throttle so it can be uncontrolable at times. usually it's not to much of a problemso i don't worry about it. Well, Im in this parking lot today and the Python hit that spot and I literaly lost control and it took off full speed a short distance I might add into a car tire. I do have Fail safe enabled and it does work, I just cant explain the phenomenon that happens ONLY in this parking lot, never at any other location..... this is what happens I guess 😫

and I know I need new tires they were going on after this run....well they were supposed to.

im curious who else had experienced something similar. I noticed where I was when the accident happened that there was a big cell phone tower, and i was wondering if that had an effect on what happened.

That sucks man,sorry to hear. I haven't had any such issue, but I only run at home. I do get the itch at times to run somewhere else, but then think, eh, I don't feel like packing everything up and hauling stuff around..🤣🤣
TBH, I think after it happened a second time, I would have packed it up and went elsewhere to run. Easy for me to say though..
Maybe it's time for the swiss drive parts now that you have to tear into it?

Might be worth checking that your fail safe is set up correctly on the radio just as a matter of course?

well the rebuild begins, i was stoked to begin as i had received a load of parts from Jennys. was really looking forward to having my python back together. as I was tearing it down to clean it up before the disassembly, i noticed that the front end of the cjassis is also bent so ill have to get another one ordered.... project somewhat on hold for now
20220720_140853.jpg
20220720_140900.jpg
20220720_140915.jpg

How far did you get today/night did you upgrade anything else while your at it
I didn't do to much as far as upgrades, but I got to go back through the entire car and address and adjust any issues that I saw.

20220726_181034.jpg
it is coming along though, almost done with the chassis replacement. there's just not enough time in the day as some of you well know. will update when finished

Back