Muraco Waterproof ESC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taboo

Reaction score
I drove mine through a muddy pool yesterday, a few seconds later it stopped, there was a horrendous burning smell, motor and esc fans still running, steering still worked but no forward or reverse. It wouldn't turn off by the switch, had to pull the battery. I have thoroughly washed and dried it. Every time I connect a battery the fans all come on, it has steering, the ESC doesn't beep and there is no power, and the smell is really bad, burning electrical smell... I assume the TOROX isn't actually waterproof and is fried ???
Is this a warranty issue ?

I had a similar issue with my Asuga but there the receiver was the cause.
Everything seemed fine and was dry but when opening the receiver box itself, water somehow found it's way inside and made it go crazy. After drying that up, everything was fine again.
You might want to take your ESC apart and check if you have water inside as well and dry that up. However, burning smell doesn't mean anything good, usually.

If it doesn't help, ask nicely. Worst thing that can happen is they say no. But yeah, I'd argue that they say waterproof and you just drove in some smaller puddles. Worth a try.

I drove mine through a muddy pool yesterday, a few seconds later it stopped, there was a horrendous burning smell, motor and esc fans still running, steering still worked but no forward or reverse. It wouldn't turn off by the switch, had to pull the battery. I have thoroughly washed and dried it. Every time I connect a battery the fans all come on, it has steering, the ESC doesn't beep and there is no power, and the smell is really bad, burning electrical smell... I assume the TOROX isn't actually waterproof and is fried ???
The Torox 185 is specified as 'water protected'. I'm not so sure the switch is waterproof at all.

Sounds to me like your ESC has burnt some of it's MOSFETs - thus the smell. 🫤

Might be the receiver. The receiver box isn't very waterproof. Take the lid off, pull out your receiver. I could see water lying in the bottom of mine. I bought the dumbo DDF350 so replaced with the Dumbo Giro receiver. All good now.

Might be the receiver. The receiver box isn't very waterproof. Take the lid off, pull out your receiver. I could see water lying in the bottom of mine. I bought the dumbo DDF350 so replaced with the Dumbo Giro receiver. All good now.
Receivers are prone to failure if they get soaked - but that burning smell described by the op - is indicative of the ESC having burnt up a MOSFET or blown a cap. They proper smell bad when they go - "poof". The old 'Magic Smoke'.

The Torox 185 should be pretty much waterproof - but the bad smell does suggest MOSFET failure. Worth a claim on warranty I think.
Yeah, I reckon it's worth having a word with Corally too. 🤞🙏

The websites that sell Corally rigs refer to the Torox as water proof.

Looking through the Torox manual - not so much. 🤔

Back