Asuga Wanted to learn slow, now i need to learn almost everything at once... - i broke it -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, will do tomorrow, done for now. Programming is left to do but that should be a piece of cake.

IMG_20240130_222857.jpg

well now! Great to hear and your Asuga looks ready for another run. (y) Do be gentle this time, yes? 😁

Getting there. Not 100% sure if i used the right screws everywhere but nothing sticks out so that's good i suppose.

View attachment 5180

View attachment 5181

One piece left. Not important i hope ? 😂
View attachment 5182
Plus missing 2 metal rings but i'll just thighten the screws a bit more to compensate.

that piece is going to go on your hingepin for your front upper arm. It goes on the shock tower side. Probably also a good idea to make sure that your upper arms travel freely when that piece is installed. If not, then a thinner piece may need to be used.

Edit: I should probably mention it goes on the hingepin, in between the arm and the tower, it looks like.

InkedIMG_20240130_204600_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty interesting. On the Shogun, Muraco, Kronos, Python, they all go on the other side, near the steering top plate.

Hm, then i at least lost one i guess.
But what's the goal of that thing? 🤔
Lucky it's easy to access, will check, need to buy a little ring as well for the other side.

Do be gentle this time, yes? 😁
I was! Even picked a giant area to be sure. When it decidesto go straight instead of turning, nothing i can do but curse.

But at least i got to know parts of my RC !

Hm, then i at least lost one i guess.
But what's the goal of that thing? 🤔
Lucky it's easy to access, will check, need to buy a little ring as well for the other side.

I was! Even picked a giant area to be sure. When it decidesto go straight instead of turning, nothing i can do but curse.

But at least i got to know parts of my RC !

If I recall correctly, it's supposed to adjust caster angle.

As for the runaway adventure, I know what you mean. I had my 1/10 Maxx runaway on me once. Busted up the bulkhead. Thankfully all it took to repair was disassembly and then putting it back together. 😁

So, went out and drove it for two packs, seems fine so far.
But i noticed some play in the steering, is this normal? If not, how to fix it?

That's pretty normal, but for peace of mind, check again that the ball joints are tight to the steering plate and knuckles, and that everything else in the assembly is right enough.
There's going to be some play on each of the ball joints, a bit of flex in the tie rods, some play in the pivots, and some play in the servo.
All of this adds up to what you see at the wheels.
In a few weeks you won't notice it as the upper arm hinge pins will have ovalized and there will be a bit of 'dynamic caster' to deal with😁

If you tighten the ball joints. Make sure your servo arm is loose so you can check if the steering goes smooth. If the steering goes to hard, you will fry your servo.

definitely not out of the ordinary when I compare it to the rest of my TC rigs. My EB48.3 doesn't have as much slop, though. My Muraco had play coming from the steering plate bushings as well. I attributed that to a hard life of being the practice rig. She's since retired and the Shogun has taken her place as the workhorse. The Kronos will be the final race iteration of the three platforms.

Looks like most of your play is coming from the servo saver. Maybe it could be tightened a little? Just my observation. Make sure it isn't too tight to where it starts stripping servo gears.

I clearly have a talent in attracting trouble...

Went outside today with my son, let him drive the Asuga a bit as well and we ended up on a construction site. All went well until i drove again and we did some jump.
Wanted to get a little bit more place to get to a decent speed and it fell off a little hill.
No biggy, i though by myself, just a few centimeters. The my son started screaming! "Dad, dad, it's upside down in water! OMG! Hurry!" And i was like ffs... Hurried over and yeah, half drowned upside down in water indeed.
No fans turning - bad sign.
Got it out asap, let the water out, checked. Bit wet, obviously. Shook it a few times, put down, pressed on aaaaand: It started just fine! WTH?!
Drove for about 5 more minutes until suddenly it died. Crap, broken after all? Checked again. ESC flashing fast. Okay, time to kill it.
Drove home, cleaned it a bit and dried the rest of the water. Now it's sitting in my dry and warm room, LiPos are charging just fine, so the are all right at least.
Will see it the issue persists tomorrow.

Oeh, that *ucks. Let it dry really well and hope it will run tomorrow. Keep an eye out when charging those lipos. They don't like water 😉🔥

I clearly have a talent in attracting trouble...

Went outside today with my son, let him drive the Asuga a bit as well and we ended up on a construction site. All went well until i drove again and we did some jump.
Wanted to get a little bit more place to get to a decent speed and it fell off a little hill.
No biggy, i though by myself, just a few centimeters. The my son started screaming! "Dad, dad, it's upside down in water! OMG! Hurry!" And i was like ffs... Hurried over and yeah, half drowned upside down in water indeed.
No fans turning - bad sign.
Got it out asap, let the water out, checked. Bit wet, obviously. Shook it a few times, put down, pressed on aaaaand: It started just fine! WTH?!
Drove for about 5 more minutes until suddenly it died. Crap, broken after all? Checked again. ESC flashing fast. Okay, time to kill it.
Drove home, cleaned it a bit and dried the rest of the water. Now it's sitting in my dry and warm room, LiPos are charging just fine, so the are all right at least.
Will see it the issue persists tomorrow.

You and me both, my friend. Attract trouble? Seems to be the only thing interested in me nowadays. :ROFLMAO:

Back