Asuga Wanted to learn slow, now i need to learn almost everything at once... - i broke it -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XashBE

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
Yeah well...

Was just driving in an open wide space, doing eights to gwt better at controlling my car.
Went fine a pack and a half, then, still no clue why, it just went straight on, heavy into metal...

Cannot turn the servo good in both directions any more as well, no idea why.

IMG_20240127_173635.jpg

IMG_20240127_173615.jpg

IMG_20240127_173604.jpg

IMG_20240127_173514.jpg

IMG_20240127_173501.jpg

IMG_20240127_173438.jpg

IMG_20240127_173426.jpg

IMG_20240127_173406.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously ^^

I corrected it to eights, makes it clearer.

Still, i wonder why it suddenly lost control. Been doing eights for half an hour, no issues but the occasional spin. Never went full speed ahead into something though 🤔

anchorman-boy-that-escalated-quickly.gif

I mean...

if you were closer, Xash, I would've sent out some parts to help. Thankfully, though, the parts list while extensive, shouldn't be too expensive.

EuroRC has a 10% discount this weekend, so maybe there's still time to rush in an order.

As for your turning, check your steering bar to see if it's bent. That could be a reason for your diminished turning. You can also check your servo saver if all the parts are functional as well. If all those check out, then it's possible you stripped some gears in your servo. I can't recall if TC has replacement gears for their servo. Might also be a good time to replace the stock radio and receiver to something that's a little less glitch prone.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Might also be a good time to replace the stock radio and receiver to something that's a little less glitch prone.

You mean there`s actually issues sometimes with this combo?

Thankfully, though, the parts list while extensive, shouldn't be too expensive.

Yeah, it's gonna be a list. I doubt i can fast select "everything front left" as a buy option ^^

Re:- CT2R Transmitter issues.
I believe that these are effectively a Flysky GT2, and honestly I've had no issues with my (HobbyKing) version over many years and many models.

As for parts, it'll be a few, and you might need the hardware/screws/spacers as some might have been deformed in the crash.
In your photo, it looks like the rear hinge pin holder has been damaged, so that might need to be replaced. Upper arm, lower arm, check the steering rack-might be bent, shock tower, shock- the rod and piston might be damaged. Driveshaft (hammer flat if needed) and CV joint.
Check eBay and other kit-strippers for the bits, as often broken bits you need come with the other associated pieces.

I'll just pass at Corally itself. It's same price as HS, 99% chance they have everything right there and they're a bunch of friendly folks as well.
Maybe they even lend a hand when re-assembling. Anyway, tomorrow morning i'll drive over.

Maybe also getting something that makes my front wheels lift less, who knows ;)

You mean there`s actually issues sometimes with this combo?

Yeah, it's gonna be a list. I doubt i can fast select "everything front left" as a buy option ^^

I haven't run any of the TC stock radio components; all my TC cars started with Spektrum receivers. I've never had any run away on me, knock on wood. As for the parts list, Jeff seemed to have a good take on it.

I'll just pass at Corally itself. It's same price as HS, 99% chance they have everything right there and they're a bunch of friendly folks as well.
Maybe they even lend a hand when re-assembling. Anyway, tomorrow morning i'll drive over.

Maybe also getting something that makes my front wheels lift less, who knows ;)

That's pretty awesome. I wish I could just run over to Corally and have them see first hand some of the weak points of the cars. I'd also pick their brains as to track setups. I'm pretty sure they'd be interested in following the progress of their 1/8 truggy in a track environment. Imagine if I could get a small informal sponsorship! That would be awesome! It wouldn't even have to be a lucrative proposition; maybe just 10% off their parts and free shipping with some cool merch and help with tuning parts. I doubt that they'd invest in something like that, though. At least not all the way out here, and not for entry-level club racing. 😕 I guess I'll continue to dream.

As for your front wheels lifting, you can address that in several ways. If both front wheels are lifting, then you can address that through diff fluids. Adjust the thickness in the center and go from there. If one wheel is lifting in the turns, then you can address that by adjusting shock oil and going with a thinner sway bar.

Last edited:
Just arrived and they said they'll just switch out everything for free and change transmitter and receiver on top because that seems to be the issue.
Also mentioned range was bad with half a soccer field losing control and that confirmed there must be an issue.

That's some awesome customer support there !
I'm speechless, really am!

That's great 😃
You'll be back to bashing in no time.
The stock Tx/Rx combo should have a range of about 300m, and I've run my GT2 out to as far as I can comfortably see with no glitching/signal loss, but I think I'd do a range test of your new set just for peace of mind.

Just arrived and they said they'll just switch out everything for free and change transmitter and receiver on top because that seems to be the issue.
Also mentioned range was bad with half a soccer field losing control and that confirmed there must be an issue.

That's some awesome customer support there !
I'm speechless, really am!
Thats awesome! They probably contacted TC and they said, we will cover the expense. Good service for sure. Dumborc X6 with gyro is cheap and really good. Running it on both my tc cars and got a extra receiver for a future third car 🤔

Thats awesome! They probably contacted TC and they said, we will cover the expense. Good service for sure. Dumborc X6 with gyro is cheap and really good. Running it on both my tc cars and got a extra receiver for a future third car 🤔
Nono, i was AT CORALLY in Belgium. Doesn't get more direct 😂

Also, this is what a got from them:

IMG_20240130_143208.jpg

IMG_20240130_143238.jpg

IMG_20240130_143246.jpg

IMG_20240130_143258.jpg

IMG_20240130_143305.jpg

Yeah, and i'm lost in space right here... 🤔😱😭🤬
Most of it is assembled but having issues fitting it together now.
Headache doesn't help either with concentrating...

IMG_20240130_191345.jpg

IMG_20240130_191339.jpg

IMG_20240130_191335.jpg

Yeah, and i'm lost in space right here... 🤔😱😭🤬
Most of it is assembled but having issues fitting it together now.
Headache doesn't help either with concentrating...

View attachment 5177

View attachment 5178

View attachment 5179
Getting there. Not 100% sure if i used the right screws everywhere but nothing sticks out so that's good i suppose.

IMG_20240130_204553.jpg

IMG_20240130_204600.jpg

One piece left. Not important i hope ? 😂
IMG_20240130_204800.jpg

Plus missing 2 metal rings but i'll just thighten the screws a bit more to compensate.

Nono, i was AT CORALLY in Belgium. Doesn't get more direct 😂

Also, this is what a got from them:

View attachment 5172

View attachment 5173

View attachment 5174

View attachment 5175

View attachment 5176
That is amazing support. Gotta love TC customer support 👍 Good luck getting your car back together.

Getting there. Not 100% sure if i used the right screws everywhere but nothing sticks out so that's good i suppose.

View attachment 5180

View attachment 5181

One piece left. Not important i hope ? 😂
View attachment 5182
Plus missing 2 metal rings but i'll just thighten the screws a bit more to compensate.
That 1 piece is important. It goes in one of the upper arms i think to prevent play in them. Not sure where exactly. Check the manual.

Back