Transmitter flysky gt5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hi, I have a flysky gt5 but I didn't understand how to set the trim. There are two parameters trim subtrim and trim, first of all I don't figure out the difference between them. I noticed that when I set for example subtrim the display shows st and L ( left) but I can't find the right channel... If I rotate the navigation button it goes to the aux parameter and in aux you can set L (left) then R (I think right) and U (I don't know what it is) same problem in the trim parameter.. I thought of finding the L and R settings and setting them in the classic way. .. Could someone give me some explanation?
If I have to mount a new servo before fitted the horn, how I have to set trim and sub trim?
Thank you!

Hi, I have a flysky gt5 but I didn't understand how to set the trim. There are two parameters trim subtrim and trim, first of all I don't figure out the difference between them. I noticed that when I set for example subtrim the display shows st and L ( left) but I can't find the right channel... If I rotate the navigation button it goes to the aux parameter and in aux you can set L (left) then R (I think right) and U (I don't know what it is) same problem in the trim parameter.. I thought of finding the L and R settings and setting them in the classic way. .. Could someone give me some explanation?
If I have to mount a new servo before fitted the horn, how I have to set trim and sub trim?
Thank you!
I can partly answer your question. I have no experience with the menus of the Flysky radio, so I'm not sure st and L only.

As for the difference between sub-trim and trim:

Trim is usually used in use, to tune pitch, roll or steering in cars. Using it moves the centre, but not the endpoints.

Sub-trim on the other hand moves the centre and the end point. It can be used to finely set the centre, without robbing the opposite direction of any throw.

Ideally, we set up our models as accurately as we can using mechanical means FIRST - linkages, turnbuckles, horns etc, THEN the radio's gizmos to finely hone it.

I can partly answer your question. I have no experience with the menus of the Flysky radio, so I'm not sure st and L only.

As for the difference between sub-trim and trim:

Trim is usually used in use, to tune pitch, roll or steering in cars. Using it moves the centre, but not the endpoints.

Sub-trim on the other hand moves the centre and the end point. It can be used to finely set the centre, without robbing the opposite direction of any throw.

Ideally, we set up our models as accurately as we can using mechanical means FIRST - linkages, turnbuckles, horns etc, THEN the radio's gizmos to finely hone it.
Thanks Horatio, but when I mount a new servo before putting the wishbone, trim and sub trim should be set to zero, right

Thanks Horatio, but when I mount a new servo before putting the wishbone, trim and sub trim should be set to zero, right
Yes, both should be set to neutral. Horn should only be placed on the servo when the servo has been powered and gone to it's neutral position. You can then set the sub trim, then trim as required during operation. 👍

I'll add that end points should be adjusted first - to avoid stalling the servo at the limits of the available steering.

Set Trim 1st then sub trim IF needed. Sub trim increments are smaller. Try using the wheel to switch from left to right. My Futaba 3pv is like that.
Once your end points have been determined and set to protect your servo......

On radios that have sub-trim, sub-trim should be set first.

This is because it sets the centre - without moving the end points. Sub-trim is usually a 'set and forget' function. A very useful one at that.

Trim on the other hand is used on the day - it may be required in either direction, for variables beyond our control. This is why it's important to get stuff mechanically centred and electronically centred BEFORE we mess about with the (much coarser) standard trim.

Examples: - which way is the wind blowing? Is there a pile on the carpet? Is my throttle tick-over a little lower today? Is my glider pitching up? Is this camber making my car pull to the left?

If your trim is already way off centre to begin with, your options are accordingly limited to deal with variables.

That's the logic behind it, but obviously nothing is going to spontaneously combust just because you've used half your trim already! 🤣👍

Once your end points have been determined and set to protect your servo......

On radios that have sub-trim, sub-trim should be set first.

This is because it sets the centre - without moving the end points. Sub-trim is usually a 'set and forget' function. A very useful one at that.

Trim on the other hand is used on the day - it may be required in either direction, for variables beyond our control. This is why it's important to get stuff mechanically centred and electronically centred BEFORE we mess about with the (much coarser) standard trim.

Examples: - which way is the wind blowing? Is there a pile on the carpet? Is my throttle tick-over a little lower today? Is my glider pitching up? Is this camber making my car pull to the left?

If your trim is already way off centre to begin with, your options are accordingly limited to deal with variables.

That's the logic behind it, but obviously nothing is going to spontaneously combust just because you've used half your trim already! 🤣👍
Ya learn something new everyday! Thanks, now today I'll be watching videos on how to properly apply subtrim and possibly tuning all my servos 🤣 it was explained differently from old school rc guru

Ya learn something new everyday! Thanks, now today I'll be watching videos on how to properly apply subtrim and possibly tuning all my servos 🤣 it was explained differently from old school rc guru
IMG_20211219_132246.jpg

I use the stick version of your radio. 😅
That and my Trusty Taranis SE
IMG_20220420_161517.jpg

My Sanwa RD6000 FM radio is banned at all the clubs I visit, so I had no choice but configure my fixed wing models to my OpenTX radio. 😝

In fairness, many of the people reading these threads having bought RTR's will be scratching their heads right now! 'So if I'd set my EPA, are you telling me I wouldn't have fried my last 5 steering servos?!!!' 😝

Back