Torox 185 programming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
Not sure if anyone has posted this before...

Went to program my Torox 185 this morning and the only card I had that worked is this one ( the one with the cable still plugged in (y) )
In my opinion this is just more proof that Corally have upgraded software/firmware vs the stock Max8 as the two cards on the right both work with my Max8 combo...:unsure:

IMG_3313.jpeg

I have the same experience, so the Toro185 has Quickrun software. But i can't tell what the difference is between the Quickrun and Max software.

Please forgive my ignorance. Is this programming card needed? Or does this just make changing the settings easier instead of using buttons and flashing lights on the ESC?

Just ordered my card from amazon and should be here the 17th - 25th... Hope it works.
@doolin64 It just makes it easier and faster to change the settings

I used the middle one yesterday to program a Torox 185. It worked at least, don't know the difference between the two on the left.

Yeah, I just remember it had blue writing and said EZRUN. Weird.

I got the left one to work, the one on the right doesn't work

IMG_3165.JPG

On the right is the the multifunciton LCD program box, applicable for the following HobbyWing products:

Platinum series of brushless aircraft ESCs, XeRun series &EzRun series of brushless car ESCs, Seaking Pro series of brushless boat ESCs

On the left is the Led program box which comes in 5 versions according to HW's site and has been rebranded numerous times for other brands.
I guess it got something to do with the different types and software versions which one works and which one doesn't.

1647248174178.png

My Blue one works with both the Torox and HW ESCs . There's more menu options in the Torox I believe.

I've used this one, well one just like it..I don't have a pic if my exact card. Pretty sure it's this one though. It's got to be 10+ years old..got it from Hobbyking.

09700-01.jpg

This one has 2.0 software, mine might be 1.0, I'd have to look at it. Either way, the card makes life soo much easier. I can disable lvc lickety split!! 🔥

Last edited:
Unrelated..but has anyone ever taken the cover off of one of the TRX esc's? Such as the one on the Xmaxx. There is a connector on the circuit board.. I suspect for programming purposes. I guess if I ponied up for the BT module, I wouldn't need it tho.. I'm a rebel, so I always look for these kinds of things:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unrelated..but has anyone ever taken the cover off of one of the TRX esc's? Such as the one on the Xmaxx. There is a connector on the circuit board.. I suspect for programming purposes. I guess if I ponied up for the BT module, I wouldn't need it tho.. I'm a rebel, so I always look for these kinds of things:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I actually have. The Xmaxx I have was a basket case that I rebuilt. I replaced all the cooling fans with some power hobby high performance ones.

I actually have. The Xmaxx I have was a basket case that I rebuilt. I replaced all the cooling fans with some power hobby high performance ones.
The X is a fun truck for sure. Mine's practically brand new. I keep telling myself to leave it alone(stock) but I have a Max6 esc in my Kraken 6s exb along with a 4092 1650kv motor. To me, it's total overkill for a 6s Kraton, which is why I call it "The Kraken " HaHa..I hear the Max6 really brings the Xmaxx to life.. decisions 🤔😮🤔😮🤔

Yea Just confirmed the blue works using the fan port on the t135, let me program that and I will hook it up to the t185.
20220317_194625.jpg

Works on the t185 in the fan port as well. Wife wanted me to turn down her punch on the shogun and remembered this thread so figured I'd post....BTW it feels almost dirty to turn down the punch but happy wife happy life....
20220317_201229.jpg

Back