Asuga The Unmentionable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
So...it happened.

I think most of us are in on the joke, but for those who aren't here we go: whenever someone mentions the stock servos on a TC car are prone to breakage, their stock servo will inevitably die. :rolleyes:

It just happened to me. I was about a minute into a ramp bash session when the whining started and the steering started to get wonky. I got a few more jumps before the steering went out entirely. Oh well. I got a good 10 packs or so through the stock one before it gave up the ghost. Time to upgrade!

I'm just going with an Amazon special for now; I think it'll be just fine for bashing and I'm sure it's better than stock. So, let this be a warning for anyone else out there still using a stock servo, LOL.

So...it happened.

I think most of us are in on the joke, but for those who aren't here we go: whenever someone mentions the stock servos on a TC car are prone to breakage, their stock servo will inevitably die. :rolleyes:

It just happened to me. I was about a minute into a ramp bash session when the whining started and the steering started to get wonky. I got a few more jumps before the steering went out entirely. Oh well. I got a good 10 packs or so through the stock one before it gave up the ghost. Time to upgrade!

I'm just going with an Amazon special for now; I think it'll be just fine for bashing and I'm sure it's better than stock. So, let this be a warning for anyone else out there still using a stock servo, LOL.
Sorry to hear! Yep! Annimos 35 in my Kagama, love it!

I spend ££ on servos. I really like AGF servos.

AGF 811BHMW

They were being sold by King Cobra Racing in the UK - the same importer that supplied MCD cars.

I buy them once - and they just work.

The AGF compares very favourably to the Protek 170SBL/TBL that I use in my other rigs. They're about 50% cheaper and extremely quiet.

Thankfully, I can't jinx my Corally RTR servos - because I got an XTR roller! 😅🤪

Last edited:
Well…I guess I wish I would have know. This inside joke before I bought mine 🤔. I bought the roller Kronos XTR, and because I have been out of the RC world for so many years I thought it best if I just buy all Coraly parts and build it myself (I really enjoyed building it). 4 or 5 packs in the servo just stopped working. I had the new Ultra High torque servo CS-5245 HV. I talked with the guys at the track and they all said,”that’s unacceptable! Contact Corally!” So I tried to contact them…I really didn’t expect any help. But after a few back and fourths and quite a bit of time waiting for them to evaluate it, they did replace it 🤷‍♂️. So far I am happy with the replacement. But now that I just posted this I am sure it will break 🤦‍♂️.

Last edited:
Yeah, IDK why the rtr TC servos are so prone to failure.. shame. I blew through 2 of them, my brother 1..that's enough convincing for me/us. He went with some fancy 45kg amazon, I went with the venerable DS variants, in 25 and 35kg versions. I'd say his are a tad quicker and maybe more powerful, but also double the cost. Each seems better than stock though.. at least they work. LOL.

Ha yeah. My stock one didn't last long and foolishly I thought it was best to just replace with the same part so bought a direct replacement.
That probably lasted about the same amount of time before that one gave up too even after several attempts at pulling it apart to clean it thoroughly.

Now I've gone with an AGF as well. 3 times the price but I'm hoping that it will last 3 times longer at least. Certainly better power.

Ha yeah. My stock one didn't last long and foolishly I thought it was best to just replace with the same part so bought a direct replacement.
That probably lasted about the same amount of time before that one gave up too even after several attempts at pulling it apart to clean it thoroughly.

Now I've gone with an AGF as well. 3 times the price but I'm hoping that it will last 3 times longer at least. Certainly better power.
Yep, good call on the AGF. Ima get me some of them just as soon as I get my finances turned round.. They even got this party edition I been eyeballing..;)🥳
https://www.amazon.com/AGFRC-35KG-Waterproof-RC-Steering-Servo-Motor-High-Torque/dp/B0C6KDK78T/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1SCH01E0B8AF7&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.HYrT4Hm5Zdqfew-KVu5A_vUX_ClYywqIAeEuL73k0hfQIQJFILzF7kiVVWuwEtnXeioQb6q4CQNnjnb_UkE3FInrflB0cO9ujrYd4suyBpV6HyEtZq2gemaLH2UCCmFEmVfNiKnGebBEVFCtHRdj2bvYHLjrWcd0Bf_U5HZf70gAt8ZdNvqwznZxe2IEKaQk6YP_-xPletcvAlf_gy_M0T9shjsAp7OXMZoPVXE8hWBB2ED7OFmbx7vihkQB8zNSad0axytBo-7_8NKwhDimonSELgZmWzBxux2ekz4OzKk.pp6ij_PHAX6wPZtET5u3sPJIstdW22LXMmvCeP4qr04&dib_tag=se&keywords=agfrc+servo&qid=1712256636&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=agfrc,toys-and-games,69&sr=1-20&th=1

71EXw1kRDAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Well…I guess I wish I would have know. This inside joke before I bought mine 🤔. I bought the roller Kronos XTR, and because I have been out of the RC world for so many years I thought it best if I just buy all Coraly parts and build it myself (I really enjoyed building it). 4 or 5 packs in the servo just stopped working. I had the new Ultra High torque servo CS-5245 HV. I talked with the guys at the track and they all said,”that’s unacceptable! Contact Corally!” So I tried to contact them…I really didn’t expect any help. But after a few back and fourths and quite a bit of time waiting for them to evaluate it, they did replace it 🤷‍♂️. So far I am happy with the replacement. But now that I just posted this I am sure it will break 🤦‍♂️.
It's weird that Corally servos should be failing, given their reputation for electronic items is very good/legendary. 🤔

1000017722.jpg

Corally's 8min (1/12th) & 5min (1/10th) ESC's from 1987. (Courtesy of https://classicrc.wordpress.com/esc-electronic-speed-control/corally/corally-mms/)

I don't get why their servos should be junk, when there are so many decent budget servos that could be supplied to them under license to re-brand as theirs.

In their defence - it's good to know that they are honouring their warranty. 💪

I only have experience with Acoms (!), Futaba, Hitec, Savox, Protek and AGF servos.

Lots of people here are happily bashing with Amazon special servos that are super cheap to replace. It's not so bad with RC cars, but I cannot afford failures in large scale aircraft, so I tend to buy established brand servos only and apply the same logic to my cars.

The 'budget' servos I run are the AGFs, and to be fair they're not that cheap compared to what's out there on Amazon.

The party edition is both quiet and 'loud' at the same time! 😝🤣

So...it happened.

The servo issue is the main reason I went with a Kagama roller vs RTR.

Annimos servo 👍 Stick a couple in the spares bag.

I went with a deal on Miuzei servos from amazon. Something like 2 for 40 bucks. I burned one out just this past weekend. Although I will say that perhaps I did not adjust the endpoints properly. 🤦‍♂️

The Annimos servo? Well, it's an Annimos servo. That's all I'll say to play it safe. :oops::ROFLMAO:

Looks like I'll order another couple of them.

Back