Kagama The Troll that can't leave anything alone, Punsher 4.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatEatingTroll

Well-known member
Messages
40
Reaction score
36
Points
128
Location
Washington not DC
Corally RC's
  1. Punisher
That's not just a new screw in my chassis, it's a new screw hole. My ESC plate flaps up and down no more. I also installed three 3x6x4mm spacers in-between my ESC plate and the battery box to raise it above the feet of the rear tripod brace. The third spacer is CA glued to the bottom of the ESC plate chassis mount (the one my new screw mounts to). The ESC plate sits 1mm higher than the foot of the tripod brace. Everything fits perfect.

While I was at it I also installed a new ADU Kagama 6s motor mount. It fit perfectly with no modification to the truck.
The fan on the motor made a really big difference. Last drive I overheated the motor with a 14t pinion. This drive I ran a 16t and the motor only got mildly warm.

I've got ADU hinge pin retainers and Corally Asuga adjustible steering links on order. I'll post about them when they're installed and tested.

And yes, I know my truck needs a bath.

1000000426.webp


1000000427.webp


1000000428.webp
 
I never use golden screws that come with the ADU parts, they feel a bit weak if you ask me
 
I have more gold screws on my truck, the hinge pin retainers are installed. I'm going to have more gold screws too. I ordered an aluminum gearbox for the rear.

Hinge pin retainers.
My only complaint with the stock ones is the hinge pin holes deform. As far as strength goes I have no complaints.
 
4 changes turned it from an OK truck into my favorite truck.

Asuga a-arms, links, and driveshafts. Making the truck wider drastically changed its personality for the better.
Upgrade Corally aluminum shocks. I run 70wt fluid in them.
Slightly larger wheels. Arrma 4s Backflips with 6mm offset hexes. When adjusted for wheel dish the offset is closer to 2mm.
Stiffer servo saver spring.

I've made other changes to the truck as well, but the list above is the foundation everything else sits on.
I'm very happy with how the truck drives.
 
4 changes turned it from an OK truck into my favorite truck.

Asuga a-arms, links, and driveshafts. Making the truck wider drastically changed its personality for the better.
Upgrade Corally aluminum shocks. I run 70wt fluid in them.
Slightly larger wheels. Arrma 4s Backflips with 6mm offset hexes. When adjusted for wheel dish the offset is closer to 2mm.
Stiffer servo saver spring.

I've made other changes to the truck as well, but the list above is the foundation everything else sits on.
I'm very happy with how the truck drives.
Hi im thinking about grabbing a Punisher to build a winter basher. For the alu shocks which ones did you get? Do they need to be linger shocks to fit with the Asuga arms.

Really interesting build 👌
 
There the shocks listed in the Punisher manual as "upgrade". Droop seems reasonable with them and the truck drives properly. If you use Asuga a-arms the inner mount of the upper arms are too wide. Some material needs to be removed from the back side of the arm to fit. I just hit and missed it with a grinder till they fit. I'm about to replace my a-arms so I'll post a before & after pic of the upper arms so you'll see what I mean.
 
Yes Asuga upper arms are wider than rest of corally lineup they will only fit kagama without being trimmed down, the top deck is longer on Asuga & kagama compared to other corally. Came across that issue on my own custom build.

IMG_9340.webp


IMG_9342.webp


IMG_9341.webp
 
Yep, that's why you need to trim them.
I'll be replacing my upper a-arms at some point this weekend, I'll post some pics when I do.

I got the idea from RC Crazy for the Asuga a-arms. He didn't mention any modifications to get the upper arms to fit. Maybe he did the same thing I did or maybe he has a trick I didn't see.

1000000484.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top