the bent-drive-shaft-unbending-thingy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol1ver

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Dementor
I Just ordered one, here (link edited) you can see what it is and how it should be working…
(German language, translator available)

pic:
f3e5d07204f6ef978fae9b3c00e1d133.jpg

how to:
b38dfe0d41b094dd5080325de26bf61b.jpg

Last edited:
I Just ordered one, here you can see what it is and how it should be working…

pic:

how to:

That^ looks like it works better than 3 bolts and a vice.

I Just ordered one, here you can see what it is and how it should be working…

pic:

how to:
Link goes to a video from Arrma about the Mojave.

Metz (the link from ol1ver above) ships also within the EU … for €17 … I bought my Sketer there, it’s a good shop. They have some cool things there, but for me the shipping costs for small parts are too high when shipping to outside of Germany:

1C146563-7E8D-4193-9E35-CEEB9D1583E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Metz (the link from ol1ver above) ships also within the EU … for €17 … I bought my Sketer there, it’s a good shop. They have some cool things there, but for me the shipping costs for small parts are too high when shipping to outside of Germany:

View attachment 2132

I looked around a bit more on there. It looks like they only ship within Europe.

Does it state anywhere what it is made from ??

I don't want to buy one and it go and snap in half on me because the quality of metal isn't any good 🤔
Normally I use the 3x bolt and a vice method and that has never let me down, it's just fiddly to do...

Actually, the underside (where the bolt presses on) is reinforced with a metal sheet:
90AE2760-173A-4C30-96D0-A611A68B8FA8.jpeg

the tool seems to milled, not forged. It looks anything but flimsy to me.

Of course, with force you can break anything, see also certain youtubers talking with a particular British accent :devilish:

Does it state anywhere what it is made from ??

I don't want to buy one and it go and snap in half on me because the quality of metal isn't any good 🤔
Normally I use the 3x bolt and a vice method and that has never let me down, it's just fiddly to do...
It looks like aluminum. The top piece seems a bit thin but I am assuming these guys tested it.
Actually, the underside (where the bolt presses on) is reinforced with a metal sheet:
View attachment 2152
the tool seems to milled, not forged. It looks anything but flimsy to me.

Of course, with force you can break anything, see also certain youtubers talking with a particular British accent :devilish:
That metal sheet seems a bit thin but that could just be the angle.

It is thin, it's just to prevent the aluminium from beeing pinched by the bolt.

In case I forgot to mention: except the underside and of course the bolt the whole tool is made from alloy.

Actually still working, although I haven't been using it lately. Maybe my driving skills improve 😄

Doesn't ship to the UK 😩
Because they only ship to Europe. It's going to take us a while to get used to the fact that we left! 😅

'ere it is:View attachment 2141
quite decent (y)
It looks decent enough for the stuff we're likely to try and straighten out

For light duty it should be fine, but I wonder what alloy it is?

I've had Hudy flywheel pullers and some unbranded Piston stoppers, gas flywheel pullers. All of which work fine.

This tool no doubt will work fine - provided people aren't tempted to attempt straightening out bigger stuff.

Last edited:
Back