Team Corally Dream Car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeo79

Reaction score
Just wondering what would your Corally 'Dream Car' be? 🤔

For me I'd love Corally to make an 8s 1/6 scale Truggy (think Traxxas XRT / Kraton 8s) or a XTR version of their Shogun with all the hops up that are on the Kronos XTR but still priced competitively.

For me I'd love Corally to make an 8s 1/6 scale Truggy (think Traxxas XRT / Kraton 8s) or a XTR version of their Shogun with all the hops up that are on the Kronos XTR but still priced competitively.
What you said! I'd like to see a 1/5th scale Truggy/Muggy like the XTR - only bigger.

I'd like to see Corally tweaking their composite material to offer slightly more durable components.

V3 Muraco or Shogun XTR with Torox/Kuron 6s combo for me please😁🤞

I do like the larger 1/6 or 1/5 scale rigs but, too expensive for me. It's not as much the purchase price that kills the idea as it is the parts. I do have an Xmaxx, it's a really fun truck. It's likely the only "large" scale I'll ever own. Parts aren't too bad for that IMO.

Last edited:
V3 Muraco or Shogun XTR with Torox/Kuron 6s combo for me please😁🤞

I do like the larger 1/6 or 1/5 scale rigs but, too expensive for me. It's not as much the purchase price that kills the idea as it is the parts. I do have an Xmaxx, it's a really fun truck. It's likely the only "large" scale I'll ever own. Parts aren't too bad for that IMO.
KT always raves how cheap the parts are for the Xmaxx - most of the chassis bits are plastic which also explains why it's nice and light for a 1/5th.

I really fancy an MCD buggy - they're very spendy though - it's like the inverse of an Xmaxx where everything is alloy! 😂

04p12.jpg

In terms of outright performance, 1/8th is right in the sweet spot for size vs lightness IMO.

1/5th Buggies like the Rovan are very reasonably priced - but only of interest to those happy with gassers.

KT always raves how cheap the parts are for the Xmaxx - most of the chassis bits are plastic which also explains why it's nice and light for a 1/5th.

I really fancy an MCD buggy - they're very spendy though - it's like the inverse of an Xmaxx where everything is alloy! 😂

View attachment 3944

In terms of outright performance, 1/8th is right in the sweet spot for size vs lightness IMO.

1/5th Buggies like the Rovan are very reasonably priced - but only of interest to those happy with gassers.
I have seen those MCD's. Beautiful indeed. Out of my range for sure.
With regard to the Xmaxx, the lightweight of the plastic chassis is what sold me on it. Well actually my brother had bought one first. After seeing it in action, I was hooked. I considered the 8s Kraton as well but the weight seems to be the achilles with them. Too heavy for their own good. I suppose it depends on how they're used. The Xmaxx is a very forgiving truck, takes alot of abuse without breaking for us. I believe the key is keeping it as light as possible. Upgrading power is a common theme that quickly spirals into "other" upgrades that aren't otherwise needed.. I did put a Max 6 esc and 8s back flip tires on it, but otherwise it's stock. You should see us racing those things against one another!! Clash (Crash)of the titans, literally!!😮😧😬😜😂😎

Do their plastics
I have seen those MCD's. Beautiful indeed. Out of my range for sure.
With regard to the Xmaxx, the lightweight of the plastic chassis is what sold me on it. Well actually my brother had bought one first. After seeing it in action, I was hooked. I considered the 8s Kraton as well but the weight seems to be the achilles with them. Too heavy for their own good. I suppose it depends on how they're used. The Xmaxx is a very forgiving truck, takes alot of abuse without breaking for us. I believe the key is keeping it as light as possible. Upgrading power is a common theme that quickly spirals into "other" upgrades that aren't otherwise needed.. I did put a Max 6 esc and 8s back flip tires on it, but otherwise it's stock. You should see us racing those things against one another!! Clash (Crash)of the titans, literally!!😮😧😬😜😂😎
Totally agree, I have the XRT and it takes a beating. I haven't broken anything on mine yet. I have the Max6 installed with stock motor and the things a beast!!!! Light too for the size of rig it is. And even though Traxxas cars are expensive their parts are actually pretty cheap

Do their plastics

Totally agree, I have the XRT and it takes a beating. I haven't broken anything on mine yet. I have the Max6 installed with stock motor and the things a beast!!!! Light too for the size of rig it is. And even though Traxxas cars are expensive their parts are actually pretty cheap
Agreed on all points. The esc's are weak and 6.0v BEC is a joke in this day and age. TRX needs to step up in the BEC department I feel.
The Max 6 really wakes things up. The stock servo works much better on 7.4v too.

A kronos nitro bigblock would be my corally dream car.

View attachment 3944

Nitro rules

Back